Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 37962 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:36:51 »

Still not sure why Gladders is taking corners, he's 6ft 2 FFS, get in the box.
Yes. And they're not particularly good either to be honest

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:44:58 »

Dominated over the 90 minutes against a limited Newport team, who offered little apart from set plays.

Lindseys post match interview shows how much he has grown in confidence in to the role,  with good tactical insights given as to the midfield shape employed.

Very impressed with impact made by the subs, Khan in particular, who must be pressing for a start on Saturday at the expense of Reed, who is still well off last seasons performances.

Gladwin, Clayton, Darcy and Hutton all had really good games but equally as important the whole squad seem to be confident in the patterns and style of play being asked of them and fans are largely comfortable with what they are witnessing- bar the occasional shouts of 'forwaaaard' from the less patient ones.

On to Stevenage, whose home run of form must come to an end soon - I fancy us to grab at least a point.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:52:02 »

My only concern would be Baudry's capacity to play twice a week for the rest of this month and beyond. Apart from that we are a fastly improving squad

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 06:52:47 »

Get in, back to winning ways and a clean sheet. First half was fucking awful. Dominated the second. Said Darcy and Hutton were two I felt weren’t great on Saturday, probably the two, or two of, the best players on pitch last night. Hutton with the second goal saving match winning block in as many weeks, Darcy letting rockets go for fun in the second and grabbing the assist. Bar the occasional hospital pass from Baudry, I much prefer him to McDonald. Clayton was a rock, thought all the subs looked good when on, especially Khan.

Roll on Stevenage.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:25:15 »

As far as I could see the major shift change at half time was getting Williams and Darcy on the ball. They are game changers and had virtually no influence in the first half.

As others have said Clayton looks different class. Khan gives us more presence in midfield physically than reed and is obviously more direct.

Would be interesting to see a midfield 4 of gladwin Darcy khan and reed. However the dilemma is who do you drop? Great to see strong options from the bench. I'd say this squad is definitely better than last years, let's hope we go one step further.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:39:10 »

First game of the season for me, due to still somehow managing to play Saturday league football... (the perks of running your own team....  Cool)

I thought from start to finish we were excellent. First half too (albeit 2nd half even better), so I don't really understand the "first half was awful" comments! It was anything but, just lacking any cutting edge chances, but we controlled play. Notably some nice moves down our right.

Second half, as has been said above, getting Darcy and Williams more involved really spurred us on.

Ben Gladwin was superb. A great leader and controlled the midfield.

Great turnout for a Tuesday night.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:40:41 »

On the first half - we were good for the first half to two thirds of the first half, but really dropped off after Baudry's bollock drop. Newport had their best spell of the game from about 30-45 minutes, but still didn't look much more than on a level with us.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:42:26 »

On the first half - we were good for the first half to two thirds of the first half, but really dropped off after Baudry's bollock drop. Newport had their best spell of the game from about 30-45 minutes, but still didn't look much more than on a level with us.
Agree with that.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:50:20 »

Great turnout for a Tuesday night.

It was, and fair play to the 648 Newport fans.
We had a bigger gate than Championship side Luton, and only 1,400 home fans less than Reading in their Championship game against Norwich.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:50:51 »

Still not sure why Gladders is taking corners, he's 6ft 2 FFS, get in the box.

And fuck off with the short corners. Just whack it in the box.

Lad enjoyed his first game under the lights. Bit shattered this morning though!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 07:51:40 »

Parking OK last night Sippo?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:21:38 »

Yeah, but they have changed a lot of the times around Plymouth Street. Parked outside Spring Gardens in the end. Not too bad.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:30:34 »

It was, and fair play to the 648 Newport fans.
We had a bigger gate than Championship side Luton, and only 1,400 home fans less than Reading in their Championship game against Norwich.

Reading 3rd in the Championship too, biscuit tinpot wankers.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:47:37 »

What or who were the black armbands in memory of?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:49:40 »

What or who were the black armbands in memory of?
the victims of the appalling Indonesian Stadium disaster.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: