Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 37738 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:51:45 »

Yes
I heard that... Really terrible
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:52:02 »

What or who were the black armbands in memory of?
The 125 people killed in the Indonesian football stadium riot a couple of days ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:52:53 »

Ah makes sense, ta!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 08:53:17 »

My view on Bauldry's suicide pass in the 1st half was that he simply didn't see the Newport player there.
Their playing kit of all grey needs to be questioned especially with a night fixtures.
Lets not get all Man Utd vs Southampton of 1996 Wink

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:01:55 »

PV... Please explain?
One of the disadvantages of living in NZ
Peter Venkman

« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:08:23 »

Newport post match report.

https://markvickery007.medium.com/county-challenge-fades-out-in-a-whimper-d02bbe025313
SWOT ANALYSIS (Swindon)

Strengths — composed side, worked several patient moves from deep and offered good movement to get in behind County. Bold final third showing capability with several shots.

Weaknesses — both centre backs showed a degree of vulnerability when forced to defend deeper and passing was erratic. Full backs left gaps but they had all day to recover.

Opportunities — they worked overloads right side well first half and ramped up tempo for a time after the goal. Never really changed tact, kept efficiency and thought with passing.

Threats — Darcy shots from distance, Jephcott aerial duals and alertness inside area. Williams and Gladwin forceful in tandem left side.
MAN OF THE MATCH

Ben Gladwin — had the physicality to dominate the midfield and linked well with Williams. County never got to grips with him, dictating play box to box.

Newport fans foum comments....
2nd half couldn't string 2 passes together and Townsend cost us a point with woeful keeping. Slight comedy relief from ref with some of his decisions - even the Swindon players were laughing at the corner that wasn't!

Never in it. Really poor. Rowberry out.

Poor second half but think it’s time for Day to have a run in goal. Too many mistakes from Townsend.

Thing is though the goal was constantly peppered with shots because their midfield had absolutely total control. Never going to survive playing like that. He saved several point blank , he’s a L2 keeper, he’s bound to make a mistake with that sort of performance by the team.

One of the most clueless,passionless performances I've ever seen in a County shirt. I'm sorry this surely must be the end for Rowberry.

I agree. Try Day if you like but don't blame Townsend. He made many good saves and the pressure on him enormous. We didn't lose this game because of our goalkeeper, we lost because we played very poorly in mid field and invited pressure throughout most of the game. It has been the same all season. Lose Saturday to the bottom club and the manager must be replaced.

I'm guessing the criticism of Townsend is from those not at the game. Without him we would have lost by five or six.

I saw the game on ifollow, and clearly witnessed a very poor handling error from Townsend gifting Swindon a simple tap in for the only goal of the game. Cannot see any other possible logical observation other than criticism. Whether we conceded five or six or one the result would still be a loss.

Though he was peppered constantly with shots because we had no midfield. A powerful shot straight at you cannot always be pushed wide. No protection whatsoever.

JR’s tactics were spot on.Their keeper was dodgy and flapping at crosses

their number 6 had a mistake in him when pressed so,second half we just lob a few soft crosses in so as he can build some confidence and,stop closing down the number 6.That way Swindon can cruise it and win easy.

A bugger we lost but 1:0 away loss to a 'fancied' team/bigger club in a hostile atmosphere isn't a disaster

My take on last night is that we looked like a side playing with 10 men for the most part. It was so easy for Swindon. They played out from the back (something we're unable to do for some reason) and don't forget this was a weakened STFC team because their Captain is crocked.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:09:41 »

PV... Please explain?
One of the disadvantages of living in NZ
Basically Man Utd in 96 played in a grey kit that the players blamed on their 6-3 defeat sayign they couldnt see their tem mates.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/best-10k-i-ever-spent-story-behind-manchester-uniteds-bizarre-grey-kit-change-vs-southampton/1rfzlcjwflvh41shlmahwu79mj

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:32:05 »

Cheers PV
Obviously watched last nights game on Ifollow It showed MBs suicide pass was either a total brain fade or he simply didn't see the County player there.
I suggest he simply didn't see him

Peter Venkman

« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:36:15 »

Cheers PV
Obviously watched last nights game on Ifollow It showed MBs suicide pass was either a total brain fade or he simply didn't see the County player there.
I suggest he simply didn't see him
TBH its something Baudry has suffered from all the time he has been at Swindon, every now and again he does something really stupid that costs us a goal or nearly does, but then the next minute he is sublime and looks a great player.

I guess thats why he has never really progressed any higher than league 1 in his 350 game career.

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:40:01 »

That said
 Town looked pretty good last night😉
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 09:47:24 »

For any Newport fans:

Quote from: county fans
1. Try Day if you like but don't blame Townsend

2. I'm guessing the criticism of Townsend is from those not at the game. Without him we would have lost by five or six.

3. in a hostile atmosphere isn't a disaster

1. But he *was* shit. Kovar shit. Though got a bit better after the goal.
2. With a decent keeper you wouldn't have lost at all.
3. Er, there was a little bit of atmosphere, but it was hardly Galatasaray
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 11:11:26 »

Good result last night. Baudry gives us so much coming out from the back, even if we do lose some of the solidity from McDonald. Darcy, Khan, Hutton all developing nicely. I just cannot put my finger on what it is with Reed. I though my before he was being asked to play more long range, raking passes, which he may not be as strong at. But on close inspection last night, he’s misplacing the short passes, either completely or just a yard or two away from where they should be. It’s so uncharacteristic.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 11:19:33 »

Didn't watch last night, was playing in the vets league Cheesy but caught up this morning with highlights and post match interviews.

Just wanted to say that Lindsey is coming across really well now. He seems much more relaxed with the pick up in form and we are starting to get little snippets of thought process and tactics which is good to hear. He clearly has a plan but I think he struggled to get that across in interview earlier in the season. I also like how humble he is. Top bloke.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 12:27:51 »

Thought we started really well, but lost our way a bit towards the end of the first half.

Williams was really quiet in the first half and wasn't really that involved, albeit partly because we seemed to target their left side.

Second half, apart from the end of it we looked very much in control, and Williams got much more involved. Shade looked very threatening when he came on playing on the right hand side.

Very good performances from Gladwin, Hutton, Clayton, in fact nobody was really poor (obviously a few mistakes were made but overall all good).  For me Darcy was outstanding, always available and trying to make things happen, he started the second half like he did at Grimsby by taking pot shots from around the box which ultimately led to the goal, good poaching from Jephcott.

The thing that is most pleasing is that most of the players brought in this season are playing well and contributing now that they have settled in.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 17:15:45 by Posh Red » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 12:40:47 »

I think this stat cannot be stressed enough. Very impressive.

11th league game at home on a Tuesday evening unbeaten, 7 wins and 4 draws in a row.

Not that long ago we couldn't buy a win on a Tuesday evening.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: