Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33924 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:41:28 »

Two games against 10 men, dropped points.
It doesn’t look right on the pitch, create very little and with 3 points for a win just falling behind a pack that are winning games.

Both teams locked down us - beating 10 men is easier when you already have a lead - at 0-0 the objective for them is a point…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:46:55 »

We WERE leading Stockport when their player was sent off. So that didn’t work either.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 10:50:11 »

Both teams locked down us - beating 10 men is easier when you already have a lead - at 0-0 the objective for them is a point…
I wouldn’t say Stockport locked down on us, they equalised with 10 men.

Sorry but there are literally no excuses for not seeing off a team that is already struggling and then plays 80 minutes with 10 men. We didn’t even seem to have a plan to utilise the man advantage.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:00:51 »

Our squad is now very bloated (28 players ?) which I don't think will help with so many players not having the chance to play on matchday, that will not help morale, I do think that Sandro is looking to much at his data model and bringing players in that 'could' become good in the future and being able to sell for a fee.

There is a concern our exec team lacks experience, Sandro has only 6 months football experience at Wigan, Rob & Clem have never run a football club before or been involved in football, who convinced them the data model was the way to go forward, was this decided after the Ben's left or was this part of the reason ?

How much of the decision does the head coach actually have on the players recruited, you do wonder with some of the players brought it.

I think that SL was given the job as others interviewed were not convinced and probably not sure how the model would work having not worked like that previous, SL was then the perfect replacement being already an experienced coach and knowing the club and players already here seemed the right move, unfortunately at the moment it is looking like SL may not be the right man for the job, I'm sure he will be given time for the new players to bed in and see if he can turn the draws into wins.

If SL is relieved of his duties in the future will it be any easier to attract someone else mid season, do you look for someone with a bit of experience that has been at another club and is out of work or do you stick and look for someone who is a coach at another club ?

Will they want to work at a club that when another club comes in and offers money for a player they are then sold, which means one or more of your best players is constantly being sold as that is the model your working under.

Lets hope SL can turn things round over the next few games.

The open forum in a few weeks time could very well be dominated by questions about the head coach and direction the club is heading in.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:02:18 »

There was a plan. Lindsey explained, and I think it was evident, that the plan was to go side to side, looking to move Gillingham from side to side to create space in the middle, wait for the time to cross or shoot… We did the passing bit but there were two failings. It was too slow, so it didn’t pull Gillingham around at all, and then on the few occasions it may have created space, there was a lone striker in the middle of two deep banks of four, crowded out. Solution - move it faster, have some variety, and have two or more strikers in there. We did…. nothing different. The same thing over and over again. We’d be knocking it about 20 yards from goal and there was no buzz in the crowd. Everyone was bored senseless.

He doesn’t appear to be well in that (and previous) interviews. And that’s not a man that is ready and capable of pushing the club forwards. He needs to be given a break. Go back to the youth team, or to Charlton. We’re just waiting for the inevitable otherwise and that does nobody any good.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:08:34 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:06:29 »

Even with middling to poor results that end up with a nothing season, part of his remit is to develop players and if the results remain this poor and performances this turgid is he even fulfilling that objective? Obviously no so surely he'd up end getting moved on for that let alone not getting us challenging where we should be.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:07:55 »

The open forum in a few weeks time could very well be dominated by questions about the head coach and direction the club is heading in.

There’s an open forum? That passed me by.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:14:32 »

There’s an open forum? That passed me by.

28 Sept - tickets in advance, Trust & SC have sent a link via email to get tickets
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:24:02 »

https://twitter.com/STFCSupClub/status/1565595385837416449?t=87qzhqGdxb2WPv7PwzWyGQ&s=19

it's great it's being held as it's part of our charter. qdos for doing something Power completely ignored.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 11:37:28 »

Thanks, gents.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:08:50 »

as i understand it, the owner has to keep on eye on the spending and finances to make sure that we live within our means and survive. it looks like this might mean hanging around in league 2 for quite a while but isn't having a club the main thing.  If the books are balanced and a few quid can be made from player sales and property deals, every one must be happy.

Troll post, surely.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:10:35 »

As much as I'm sure he is cheap, I don't think cheapness was the primary motivation for hiring Lindsay - it was that he would work with the transfer model we're aiming for and 'bought in' to it - Sandro said on the radio that managers had been discounted for not doing it.

They were too focused on silly things like winning games. No time for that, it isn't our brand.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:13:54 »

Who's pro Lindsay? Football fans are fucking mental, literally creating scenarios like that and 2 year projects to get angry about and start ranting about

I don't think anyone is necessary pro Lindsey. Its more just some are happy to avoid facing the reality of the very obvious shit we're in with a manager who is out of his depth. Some would just rather deny it was staring them straight in the face for as long as humanly possible. That time has just about ran out.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:15:16 »

Thats a bit of a weird post

Not half as weird as yours.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 13:34:13 »

Seems our comrades in Oldham are suffering similarly with the Shez

https://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/53572-sheridan-out/page/16/

This does feel like it wants to be last years team but managed by the previous seasons manager
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: