Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 33931 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:14:53 »

I suspect the potential candidates probably put forward the idea of a tough tackling midfielder and a hold up forward and were politely told to go away.

Doesn't fit our model apparently.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:15:24 »

You can’t tell me that any of the other interviewees - if there were, indeed, any others - weren’t a better choice than Lindsey. We’re they put off by the model, the recruitment policy, the wages? Would have thought we are a fairly attractive lower league club.

We were either paying lip service with no intention of employing anyone other than Lindsey or what was on offer was very unappealing.

In the past whenever Swindon have advertised for a new manager we've always been told there's been 60,70 serious applicants so assume this summer would have been no different.

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:16:19 »

"Fast attacking football"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:16:26 »

But you can’t showcase young talent in a team that is awful - no matter how good the individual player may be.

Success on the pitch brings in the big transfer money.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:17:04 »

I’m usually very patient with managers and wish to give them a long time and a chance, but that was awful today.  So slow and pedestrian with and without the ball.  Stupid decision to take Wakling off when putting on Jepscott on
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:18:58 »

I don't think that you can put this all on the head coach. As mentioned above, the players have to share a significant proportion of the 'blame'.

Nothing to see here
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:20:32 »

Does anyone from the "give him 10 games" gang really, seriously,  genuinely believe SL is going to turn this round??
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:21:42 »

Does anyone from the "give him 10 games" gang really, seriously,  genuinely believe SL is going to turn this round??

I was in the ten game camp but don’t think he will take the club forwards so think he has to go
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:21:58 »

I don't think that you can put this all on the head coach. As mentioned above, the players have to share a significant proportion of the 'blame'.
Of course you can...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:22:03 »

Hate to say it but not a chance

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:23:32 »

Disagree today. If you are playing against two deep banks of four, struggling to get behind, would you rather face that with two strikers moving their defence around, or one?

There was also a certain irony that Hutton, the wing back, gets dropped for the natural right back, on the day that we’re up against one striker. Another obvious sub to have made. It may not have worked, but he didn’t try. The shape stayed the same throughout the match, albeit with FBT pushing on a bit in the last 20 mins.  

But he’s not a manager. He never has been, and hasn’t had to make these decisions. If he’d ever intended to be a manager, really, he would have been one before the age of 50.

The club, it seems, went for the cheapest possible option. And it’s proving to be a false economy, because the management will devalue every asset we have.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:32:24 by Frigby Daser » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:27:37 »

You can’t tell me that any of the other interviewees - if there were, indeed, any others - weren’t a better choice than Lindsey. We’re they put off by the model, the recruitment policy, the wages? Would have thought we are a fairly attractive lower league club.

We were either paying lip service with no intention of employing anyone other than Lindsey or what was on offer was very unappealing.

This.

I cannot see how we ended up with him. A team that finished in the playoffs should have been attractive for all sorts of managers
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:28:29 »

£?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:30:31 »

This.

I cannot see how we ended up with him. A team that finished in the playoffs should have been attractive for all sorts of managers
Yet another example amongst countless others of this Club taking one step forward followed immediately by two steps back...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 16:31:27 »

Surely if you want to progress you speculate to accumulate a bit?

Not appoint a youth team coach as manager
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: