Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Pre Match & Match Day Thread  (Read 34255 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 11:31:48 »

Give Gladwin more freedom at the top end of the pitch, where he has less defensive responsibility and fewer consequences of losing the ball and you'll have a very good player on your hands.

I'd like to see him at the top of a diamond behind Wakeling and Jephcott. He has the ability to find both with a through ball. He also would get into more shooting positions.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 11:35:00 »

It’s nice to have these options.

Looking at their start and window, compared to ours, we really should be winning this game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 11:41:03 »

It is great to be able to dsiscuss options rather than just going with what we have.

I would think the bench will probably be.

Brann, Baudry, Roberts, Shade, Brennan, Harries, Gladwin(Darcy/Khan/Aguiar/Hutton) any of which would work depending on starting line up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 11:46:05 »

Give Gladwin more freedom at the top end of the pitch, where he has less defensive responsibility and fewer consequences of losing the ball and you'll have a very good player on your hands.

I'd like to see him at the top of a diamond behind Wakeling and Jephcott. He has the ability to find both with a through ball. He also would get into more shooting positions.
Not for me, Gladwin isn’t good enough to need to be shoehorned into the team or have it set up around him.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 11:48:37 »

Not for me, Gladwin isn’t good enough to need to be shoehorned into the team or have it set up around him.

He won't be shoehorned though. I'm almost certain we'll be playing a diamond this season and we need somebody to play at the tip of it.

Gladwin fits that profile. He's a threat from range, can spot a pass and it keeps him away from the half way line.

If we play 433 then it becomes more difficult for him.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 11:53:01 »

He won't be shoehorned though. I'm almost certain we'll be playing a diamond this season and we need somebody to play at the tip of it.

Gladwin fits that profile. He's a threat from range, can spot a pass and it keeps him away from the half way line.

If we play 433 then it becomes more difficult for him.

If the manager insists on playing him I hope he takes your thoughts.  You maybe right and it could work.  Why not try it against a team that is struggling like fully today?   Get a lead and shift formation to it just to see.  Can always shift back.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:00:40 »

Gladwin for me has looked much better this year. Back to his best; picking out passes and making things happen. He's the type of player that always 'looks' a bit lazy and languid; doesn't mean he is; its just how he plays.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:04:01 »

Ohh yes they do.

They haven't forgotten about us!

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/swindon.126522/

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:10:40 »

33/1 for HMS Piss the League
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:14:37 »

Gladwin for me has looked much better this year. Back to his best; picking out passes and making things happen. He's the type of player that always 'looks' a bit lazy and languid; doesn't mean he is; its just how he plays.
He still slows things down to much, he’ll never be back to his best as he was actually pretty mobile in his first spell with us and used to make driving runs, he doesn’t have that sort of mobility now.

As I said it feels like he is being shoehorned into the the team to get him and Williams in the same XI and Gladwin isn’t good enough to justify this. I still don’t think there is room for both and would pick Williams over him all day long.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:39:59 »

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:41:17 »

Can’t believe Darcy doesn’t start.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #87 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:42:33 »

Strong bench, Jephcott must be down to fitness but Darcy deserves a starting slot. Would have liked to see Roberts on the bench tho too.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:44:01 »

Not overly impressed with that line up, we lacked a focal point of our attack against Stockport and would have thought they’d want to get Jephcott to hit the ground running.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 12:45:49 »

good to see that lots of new signings have not been shoe horned in for the sake of it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: