Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 18802 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 08:22:08 »

So we face a trip to the league newcomers. They have won 1 and lost 4 so far. I don't see this as being an easy game.

Stockport 2-1 Swindon att: 8,322 (750 of us)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 08:27:45 »

I consulted with the wasps again - last week they were 1 out after predicting 4-0.

Tomorrow is a definite 0-1. Lord Darcy with a screamer.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 08:58:53 »

Stockport 2 Swindon 0 Att: 8,450 (690 away)

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 09:46:44 »

0-0 in front of 8,289 with 705 Town there.

Brynn MotM again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 09:59:46 »

I consulted with the wasps again - last week they were 1 out after predicting 4-0.

Tomorrow is a definite 0-1. Lord Darcy with a screamer.
Tomorrow ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 13:17:51 »

Question is who replaces McKirdy. I assume Tomi will get a run now and the onus is really on him to show what he can do as in his time on pitch so far he’s been so uninvolved that it’s impossible to tell if he can even play yet. Only other option is Shade but he’s been as equally uninspiring thus far.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 13:19:04 »

2-0 home win

Att: 9,298

Nothing to see here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 13:34:24 »

Urgh, I watched us throw away a 3-0 lead in about 20 minutes at Stockport once.
Kingy making some awful subs.

I also had a pillar blocking some of view which I found annoying. Only to be pointed out by a much more seasoned veteran of following Town that if I’d been to Stockport before I’d have know the there were pillars supporting the stand.

Granted that was my first time going to Stockport away but as far as I’m aware multiple visits don’t suddenly give you the ability to see through the stand support pillars does it?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 13:36:05 »

Our 1st game vs the Hatters since 2010 when we beat them 4-1 at the CG with goals from Paynter x2, Ferry and Ward.

Stockport have only won 1 of the last 9 meetings with Town coming out on top 5 times and 3 draws. Countys only win coming in a 3-0 win in 2007 at Edgeley Park when Ifil was sent off.

In all games Swindon have won 16 of the 34 games with 7 draws and 11 defeats, Town scoring 57 and conceding 42.

In away games Swindon have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 8 times scoring 27 and conceding 31.

Our heaviest defeat came there in 200 and 2007 with 3-0 defeats and our biggest win was in 2003 when we spanked them 5-2 with goals from Parkin, Robinson, Reeves, Hewlett and Sabin.

The last 6 games played up there have resulted in WDLDWW for Town.

This season Stockport were introduced back into L2 as pre season favourites for promotion on the back of their championship winning season winning the title by 6 points last season.

They have sold 5,500 season tickets for this season too so a decent crowd is ensured.

Last season ex irish international striker Paddy Madden scored 23 goals, they spent very heavily on wages last season offering Antoni Sarcevic higher wages than he was on at Bolton to get him to drop 2 divisions, they have a pretty experienced side again this year and have signed highly rated towering Liverpool goalkeeper Jaros on loan. Otherwise though they have gone for buying players with plenty of league experience.

Been a mixed bag so far this season for them though with 2-3 defeat home to Barrow, 1-2 defeat at Stevenage, 1-0 win at Harrogate(LC), 1-0 win home to Col U, 1-2 defeat at Doncaster, 1-2 defeat at Mansfield and a 0-0 (losing on pens) to Leicester(LC) so far. That leaves them in 21st place with 1 win and 4 defeats so far (we are in 13th place with 1 win, 3 draws and 1 defeat so far).

They prefer the 351 formation or 3421 Christmas Tree altho vs Leicester they went 541.

They seem pretty good on the attack but have massive holes in the centre of defence having watched the highlights of ever game they have played so far with them being very susceptible to quick attacks at their right back and very poor clearing any crosses coming into the box, they look very slow in the middle of defence, Barrow absolutely tore them apart at the back in the 1st game of the season. Johny Williams lookalike Paddy Madden has to be marked closely though or he creates a lot of issues around the box.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 13:36:57 »

Plus, getting all high and mighty on fans in their late teens / early 20s following Swindon away for not having been somewhere before is a bizarre one in itself.

Not exactly prime glory hunting stealing tickets from proper fans going away with Swindon is it?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 14:00:05 »

Just picking up on JJ’s points. Last season they were imperious when playing the bottom 12 or so, winning almost every game. It was a different story when they played the better sides where they were very poor indeed.

Looks like the uplift in quality in L2 has flummoxed them somewhat - up to now anyway
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 15:00:38 »

didn't Stockport screw us over with a match due to floodlight failure once? last time they were in the same league maybe
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 15:40:22 »

Just picking up on JJ’s points. Last season they were imperious when playing the bottom 12 or so, winning almost every game. It was a different story when they played the better sides where they were very poor indeed.

Looks like the uplift in quality in L2 has flummoxed them somewhat - up to now anyway

Good job they have us next then  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 16:00:30 »

Plus, getting all high and mighty on fans in their late teens / early 20s following Swindon away for not having been somewhere before is a bizarre one in itself.

Not exactly prime glory hunting stealing tickets from proper fans going away with Swindon is it?

And anyway, the only time I've been there, we were on an open terrace behind the goal so there were no pillars, so  Smug Fuck Off to that unknown Town fan with condescending attitude...

2-1 to us...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 16:31:18 »

Stockport were the opponents when we were crowned champions in McMahon's season

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: