Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 18809 times)
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 09:08:58 »

i have a feeling that Stockport will win this - lots of goals

could be 4 - 2

i think that they get really good home attendances - possibly second in league 2?  over 10k?

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 09:32:40 »

Pre match distinct lack of titfers cocked at a jaunty angle in The Calverts Court.

Wobbly Bob available on draught. I'm going to die.

May well give the Hat Museum a miss in favour of the ales.
A pity that the McVities factory doesn't have a visitors centre.
Production should be ramped up ahead of the forthcoming govt "let them eat Jaffa Cakes" campaign to combat the cost of living crisis.
Could do with a few to dunk in the pints.

The viaduct is a splendid example of Victorian derring do construction.

Not been here since a 1-1 draw in Nov 95.
Easy to forget that County used to mix it in the 2nd tier with us in the late 90's.
Both clubs have floundered since those heady days.

Out of interest checked back on the Dec 2009 postponed match thread.
Probably not a career highlight for a young Michael Oliver.
Andy Woolmer would have booked the groundstaff and issued 2 quick yellows to the pitch as well.

Being well backed financially is no guarantee of instant success on promotion to L2.
FGR struggled in their first season.
I'd expect Stockport to consolidate well.

As for today, initial thought was that Tomi should get a chance to show what he can do.
A full 90 in midweek might be better for him.
Now thinking that Darcy will be moved upfield.
Three little fellas buzzing around up front can cause problems.

Hopefully the only mad hatters today will be the County fans at 5pm.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 09:33:33 »

I think we'll win by a goal. They've had a crap start and we all assume they're gonna do well because of the cash but they've already conceded 9 which is 4 more than us and we're shite in defence.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 09:42:59 »

Great work as always Wobbly Bob  Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 09:45:46 »

Draw today 1-1 6,651 479 town due hardship.
Be way more than that mate, they have sold nearly 5,700 season tickets this season with our 700ish and walk ups should easily beat 8k.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 11:02:33 »

Be way more than that mate, they have sold nearly 5,700 season tickets this season with our 700ish and walk ups should easily beat 8k.

I have it on good authority most the greater Manchester area are on holiday with N. Wales, Devon and Cornwall being the must visit destinations. 😁
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 11:20:38 »

I'd like to see Gladwin up front with Williams and wakeling, if he's caught in possession like he has a habit of being at least it's further up the pitch, and I honestly think he'd make a good option, if nothing else but because as a big lad he'd get marked the shit out of, leaving wakeling free to win everything in the air as he's apparently got basketball playing legs.

Means we can play Aguair (who surely deserves a start sometime soon) or Mister Darcy with Khan and Reed in midfield.

I have thought this about gladwin for a while as well.  Why not
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 11:31:51 »

I'd like to see Gladwin up front with Williams and wakeling, if he's caught in possession like he has a habit of being at least it's further up the pitch, and I honestly think he'd make a good option, if nothing else but because as a big lad he'd get marked the shit out of, leaving wakeling free to win everything in the air as he's apparently got basketball playing legs.

Means we can play Aguair (who surely deserves a start sometime soon) or Mister Darcy with Khan and Reed in midfield.

I can see the logic but don’t think Gladwin had the mobility to play either of the two wide roles. He’s probably not instinctive enough to find space in the box as the central of the 3.

You’d probably have to play two up front centrally with Gladwin behind them as a AMC but this narrows us.

Unless, we change formation completely and play 4231 where Gladwin would be the middle of the three.
That’s how I’d play if I were the manager fwiw. Gets Gladwin further up the pitch but still with players to side and in front of him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 11:55:21 »

I can see the logic but don’t think Gladwin had the mobility to play either of the two wide roles. He’s probably not instinctive enough to find space in the box as the central of the 3.

You’d probably have to play two up front centrally with Gladwin behind them as a AMC but this narrows us.

Unless, we change formation completely and play 4231 where Gladwin would be the middle of the three.
That’s how I’d play if I were the manager fwiw. Gets Gladwin further up the pitch but still with players to side and in front of him.
I agree with your thought process on this too.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:05:09 »

Brynn

Brennan/Hutton/Darcy at RB as no one has nailed that position
MacDonald CB
Clayton/Baudry CB
FBT LB

Reed DM
Another (maybe Iandolo when fit, Lyden if he makes it back and signs)

McKirdy/Williams
Gladwin
Wakeling/Shade

Adeloye/Wakeling.

…Williams as well could go in, in a number of positions there. Darcy could probably play anywhere across the attacking three as well

A few I’m not sure where they best position would be exactly & we still have literally no idea what Adeloye is like.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:08:12 by DiV » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:12:10 »

I hope he goes with Adeloye today from the off but feel he may go with Shade on the wing and push Wakeling to the middle.

He doesnt seem to have a lot of faith in Tomi so far, time to throw him in at the deep end and hope its not cat in the headlights as he seemed to be at Harrogate.

Stockport seem poor at CB so maybe its a chance for him to shine against weaker central defenders.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:13:35 »

He was a bit gruff in the presser when his name came up.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:32:45 »

This is a good thought. Most importantly 4 in the back!!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:33:43 »

Phil smith with Hawes today.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, August 27, 2022, 12:35:21 »

Phil smith with Hawes today.
Phil Smith >>>>>> Dave Hockaday.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: