Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20402 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 21:41:54 »

Leaving all that aside, we will beat Rochdale.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:24:27 »

At least no new manager bounce for Dale if there isn't one in place to start with.

Maybe an unsuspecting cone gatherer or a senior player will get the gig for tomorrow.

What's Keith Hill up to these days.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:36:06 »

He's at Scunthorpe United

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:37:53 »

“This game will be very difficult. Rochdale are a good side, a very good side”. Oh Scott…

So there is no team he won't say this about in the division then. Glad to confirm we shouldn't expect to win any of these games Scott.

This comment alone just reduced my patience with him tenfold.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:39:14 »

The game will be difficult but probably not because Rochdale aren't a good side 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:40:09 »

They play expansive football out from the back! Lindsey's words.

They're playing the right brand of football that we're trying to play.

One that doesn't win, but its the right identity. A losing one.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:40:52 »

The game will be difficult but probably not because Rochdale aren't a good side 

I like your style Banana

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:49:23 »

TBH if you go by stats then Rochdale are ahead this season. In the first 5 games (inc LC) for both teams so far it is -

Rochdale 54 shots - 13 OT - oppo 58 shots against with 19 OT - poss 52% - passes ave 363 per game.

Swindon  48 shots - 12 OT - oppo 67 shots against with 26 OT - poss 49% - passes ave 382 per game.

On paper Rochdale have had more shots, more on target, less shots against and less against OT, they almost match us in number of passes and they beat our possession average.

The only stat in our favour is that Rochdale have only ever won once at the CG in the previous 12 meetings a 3-2 win for them in 2014, Swindon have won the other 9 games scoring 28 goals and conceding 12, the biggest win coming in 85 when we beat them 4-0.

Although the most memorable for me was the 4-1 win in 83 when a young Paul Rideout scored a great goal and a hattrick. A rare high spot in a poor season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:56:17 »

The only stat in our favour is that Rochdale have only ever won once at the CG in the previous 12 meetings a 3-2 win for them in 2014, Swindon have won the other 9 games scoring 28 goals and conceding 12, the biggest win coming in 85 when we beat them 4-0.

That and the fact they haven't scored a goal yet.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:03:19 »

Firstly, I hope Honkytonk has had something to eat before he reads my latest offering. It's only a Lardy Cake, perhaps they could start selling them at the CG, would make my visits worthwhile no matter what happens on the pitch !
Well, I have been nowhere near it yet with my score predictions but I feel confident Town will be the better of two very good sides and a brace from McGirty will send us home happy. So another "improving" performance with Town winning 2-0.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:05:56 »

Can't remember if I made it back from OxPoly for that one.
Absolutely no recollection of that structure in what is now the car park, about 45 seconds in.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:20:47 »

Can't remember if I made it back from OxPoly for that one.
Absolutely no recollection of that structure in what is now the car park, about 45 seconds in.

The structure is the old Car park clubhouse (not sure the correct name for it) where you could have a pre-match pint Pint

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:25:35 »

The structure is the old Car park clubhouse (not sure the correct name for it) where you could have a pre-match pint Pint

Cheers Jimmy.
Must have walked past it loads of times on way to Stratton Bank but can't remember it at all.

Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:32:46 »

Cheers Jimmy.
Must have walked past it loads of times on way to Stratton Bank but can't remember it at all.

I'm not sure when it shut but as a young lad I used to go in there regularly with my uncle around 73-75
« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:34:48 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:43:24 »

That and the fact they haven't scored a goal yet.
They have in the league cup, if you include that game then they have scored as many goals in total as we have.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: