Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20419 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 17:56:35 »

“This game will be very difficult. Rochdale are a good side, a very good side”. Oh Scott…

But he's going to pick a team to win the game😀

So, give no fucks
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 18:07:29 »

What should he say. This will be a piece of piss as Rochdale are shite.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 18:31:02 »

I haven't really offered any views on Lindsay up until now - being so remote it is hard to make a judgement on a Manager who doesn't really have a huge amount of experience that I will have seen or can refer to.  Obviously I've proffered an opinion on performance and what I can see from the players, but it takes a bit longer to figure out a Managers skills I think.

That said, based entirely off of that one interview (not listened to anything else), he doesn't strike me as the sort of person who is going to educate you about the game and his analysis (loose term for what he gave) of the Leyton Orient performance was a bit worrying.  Your GK being MotM doesn't exactly back-up a claim of defending well.

Hopefully he is just shit at interviews.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 18:49:43 by RobertT » Logged
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 18:40:48 »

Another inept performance as we struggle to break down bottom of the table Rochdale. A late equaliser sees us grab a point but it’s not enough to stop the Facebook page going into meltdown.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 18:48:43 »

As Rochdale have just sacked their Management Team, can we expect the usual ‘bounce’ in their performance?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 19:01:27 »

Another inept performance as we struggle to break down bottom of the table Rochdale. A late equaliser sees us grab a point but it’s not enough to stop the Facebook page going into meltdown.

Nor should it be
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 19:15:40 »

“This game will be very difficult. Rochdale are a good side, a very good side”. Oh Scott…
On what evidence does he base that assumption I can't help wondering?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 19:26:00 »

On what evidence does he base that assumption I can't help wondering?

They play expansive football out from the back! Lindsey's words.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 19:34:38 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 19:49:33 »

Plenty of things to have a pop at him for but not sure that is one of them. What is he supposed to say
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 19:57:54 »

Not meant as a pop as such. I just disagree. Rochdale have been comfortably the worst team in the league this season. Lowest xG (not a perfect measure, but still a perfectly credible measure). Four defeats. Awful end to last season. Fans think they’re clueless. So if they are a “very good” side, then there are no bad sides. And if they are “good on the ball” and “play expansive football” then it’s converted to zilch. So, I suspect he doesn’t actually mean it, but just churns it out because it’s the thing to say, and he’s saving all his enthusiasm and energy for when he talks to the players…
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 20:02:31 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 20:04:26 »

Plenty of things to have a pop at him for but not sure that is one of them. What is he supposed to say

Yes

Most managers say the same thing week in week out about their upcoming opponents, for some reason our fans are now jumping on it, using it as another stick to beat him with.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 20:07:48 »

Quote from: Quagmire
What should he say. This will be a piece of piss as Rochdale are shite.
[/quote
Somewhere in between
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 20:24:41 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 20:11:24 »

Yep,that's me. It's an insult to the fans to say "they are a very good side. Why not just say they are decent but we're Somewhere in between

Where did he say they’re a very good side? He said they’re a good side and isn’t sure how they have no points. He’s hardly acting like they’re Man City,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 21:09:09 »

Agreed, I never pay any attention to Managers talking about their next game.  Nothing of value comes from those interview questions, you can play word bingo on pretty much all of them from every manager over all time.

I have only listened to him this once, it was his thoughts about the "game", about how we have played recently etc. that have me a bit perplexed.  I get that he isn't going to say we looked shit and he has identified some magic beans he will use to fix it all, but you'd hope to get some small insights into how his mind works tactically for example.  Nothing. 

As I said, hoping it's just him being shit at interviews.  Regardless of level, he has been coaching for a while - you'd think he may be able to set-up some drills and explain them to a player, right, someone, back me up here!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 21:23:05 »

He's seems like a decent guy who probably gets on well with all the players but for me the jury is very much out on his management credentials and whether he can handle the pressure of being the front man similar to when Williams was appointed all be it different circumstances.

I'm not wishing he gets the sack if results don't pick up more that he goes back to being a coach under a more experienced manager.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: