Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19435 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 07:19:43 »

Bit late, Tuesday was just about ok. Thought we’d turned a corner with early goal, was brilliant, unreal ball from Khan who’s been the, if not top 2/3, best player by a mile this season for me (stunned when SL withdrew him). Wakeling look lively again, done well to cut it back and good mckirdys off the mark- looked up for it and kept hush with officials- win win. Not sure how they didn’t score 5 or 6, carved us open and absolutely dominated us. Brynn brilliant shot stopper. Defence a serious concern for me. Hutton struggles to defend, as Barrow fans told us, McDonald looked way off it again, thought Clayton done well when he wasn’t having to chase shite over hit passes, FBT had a rotten first half but got better as the game went on. Thought Gladwin done well again, important cog in that midfield this season. Williams underwhelming. Reed completely anonymous again - offering nothing atm.

Shade and Adeloye useless whey come on, Aguiar put in a few good tackles at end.

It’s getting less shit game by game. Wellens will have that orient side in top 7 end of season for sure. Massive game Saturday.

100% agree with your comments.
Just hoping it starts to fall into place. Without doubt Saturday is so important in many ways.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 07:39:48 »

Found this interesting on Khan - who to be completely honest, I haven't really understood why others seem to really rate so far:

https://twitter.com/Stfconly/status/1560157912265375744

Really liked Khan's play in the build up to our goal and he's got decent ball control, but I'm not convinced he's (as yet) been a stand out.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:14:29 »

Found this interesting on Khan - who to be completely honest, I haven't really understood why others seem to really rate so far:

https://twitter.com/Stfconly/status/1560157912265375744

Really liked Khan's play in the build up to our goal and he's got decent ball control, but I'm not convinced he's (as yet) been a stand out.

I’ve not watched any of us this season.

However when the football isn’t great and the team isn’t winning the fans plaudits tend to go either towards the play who covers the most ground and at least puts the effort in or the goal keeper.

At the moment both.

Might be one for you Nemo - but whats the correlation between our keeper winning POTS and our league finishing position (I know it’s very early days to be talking about Brynn as POTS)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:18:54 »

Players respected him, well those that primarily wanted to play football.
No messing with him either, makes decisions.
I thought he was a decent Manager.

Results were great here, playing attractive attacking football and now appears to do the same at Orient.

Couldn't give a toss what he says to us, it's what he says to the players that counts.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:28:48 »

Might be one for you Nemo - but whats the correlation between our keeper winning POTS and our league finishing position (I know it’s very early days to be talking about Brynn as POTS)

Oh very high - not in the Sheridoom season, but that was because we used six keepers and Kovar was the main one - Lee Camp won 5 MoM in quick succession during his brief spell at the end of the season basically by being reasonably competent.

Goalkeeper POTS over the last 25 years or so:

2016/17 Vigouroux (Relegated from League One)
2005/6 Rhys Evans (Relegated from League One)
2000/1 Steve Mildenhall (Avoided relegation by a point from D2)
1999/2000 Frank Talia (Relegated from Division One)
1997/8 Fraser Digby (18th in D1)
1996/7 Fraser Digby (19th in D1)

Relegation seasons where keeper didn't win POTY:

93/94 Moncur (Prem season)
94/95 Taylor (D1)
10/11 Ritchie (League One)
20/21 Odimayo

A keeper has never one POTY in a season we finished in the top two thirds of the division. So fingers crossed!

Also dispiriting whilst doing this to realise we have been relegated one in every four seasons in my lifetime!
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:39:10 by Nemo » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:45:15 »

What's also depressing is the last time we successfully fought relegation was 2001.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:49:02 »

Oh very high - not in the Sheridoom season, but that was because we used six keepers and Kovar was the main one - Lee Camp won 5 MoM in quick succession during his brief spell at the end of the season basically by being reasonably competent.

94/95 Taylor (D1)
20/21 Odimayo

A keeper has never one POTY in a season we finished in the top two thirds of the division. So fingers crossed!

Also dispiriting whilst doing this to realise we have been relegated one in every four seasons in my lifetime!

As expected really.

If your keeper is winning a lot of MotM awards you aren’t in for a good season, FACT!

Obviously it’s massively early day this season but if it continues like this…
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #367 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:58:04 »

94/95 Taylor (D1)
20/21 Odimayo

Add to that Scott Endersby in 1984, a short but good keeper who easily won the POTY, we finished in 17th place in Div 4 that season, our lowest ever finish.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 08:58:19 »

What's also depressing is the last time we successfully fought relegation was 2001.

08/09? or were we always just flirting that year without ever actually being in the bottom 4? memory isn't great that season.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:05:35 »

I'd say 08/09  - Malpas start of the season but simon cox's goals took us over the line by a few points.  We were well in the shit and bobbling along in 20thish for most of that season
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Thursday, August 18, 2022, 09:38:02 »

At least you're young (ish) and can have hope.

We 69 ers were glory hunters and ended up with a life of pain and disappointment.   Wink
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 12:06:29 »

I'd say 08/09  - Malpas start of the season but simon cox's goals took us over the line by a few points.  We were well in the shit and bobbling along in 20thish for most of that season

Fair point...you're right.  I shouldn't forget Cox's goals (especially away at Northampton).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: