Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre/Matchday Thread -  (Read 16374 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 09:12:22 »

I don't know if it is living close to London that does it but, I think I have a bit of the Millwall psyche as I take a bit of perverse pleasure in the fact that no one likes us- including some of our own fans by the look of things.

I'm a card carrying Town fan who travels 120-130 miles combined for every home game and also does 2-4 away games a season.

I have done the same journey through the highs (Hoddle/ Gorman/ Di Canio/ Macari/ Ardiles etc) and the lows (Sheridan/ McCrory etc.) and will continue to do so.

I will sit in the DRS and cheer/ moan/ shout get it forward/ call the ref a cheating cunt/ tell the manager he doesn't know what he's doing when he makes a questionable (in my eyes) substitution decision/ declare that we are his red and white army until the day I die/ my marbles get permanently mislaid (whichever comes sooner).

The Walsall defeat was painful (they all are) but, to be honest, it makes the extended cup runs all the sweeter (drawing Man City at home and seeing KKH have various megastars in his pocket briefly anyone?).

If that makes me a happy clapper, then fuck it  Clap but, this is Swindon. A wise man once said that only fools rush in. Well, I must be a fool.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 09:56:53 »

I don't know if it is living close to London that does it but, I think I have a bit of the Millwall psyche as I take a bit of perverse pleasure in the fact that no one likes us- including some of our own fans by the look of things.

I'm a card carrying Town fan who travels 120-130 miles combined for every home game and also does 2-4 away games a season.

I have done the same journey through the highs (Hoddle/ Gorman/ Di Canio/ Macari/ Ardiles etc) and the lows (Sheridan/ McCrory etc.) and will continue to do so.

I will sit in the DRS and cheer/ moan/ shout get it forward/ call the ref a cheating cunt/ tell the manager he doesn't know what he's doing when he makes a questionable (in my eyes) substitution decision/ declare that we are his red and white army until the day I die/ my marbles get permanently mislaid (whichever comes sooner).

The Walsall defeat was painful (they all are) but, to be honest, it makes the extended cup runs all the sweeter (drawing Man City at home and seeing KKH have various megastars in his pocket briefly anyone?).

If that makes me a happy clapper, then fuck it  Clap but, this is Swindon. A wise man once said that only fools rush in. Well, I must be a fool.

Love it.  Exactly this - though unfortunately I am so far away its not possible to get to most iof not all home games...but will be at Carlisle on Saturday, going through all the same stuff...including being infuriated by fans who get on the backs of players!!!!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, August 12, 2022, 10:29:30 »

Love these posts.
Pompey blood gives me the loyalty I guess almost beyond stupidity.

Met a fair few Pompey in the services on way back from Harrogate and cracking laughs talking about the late 70’s and our respective challenges.
Tiresome of just playing the loyalty card mind and envious of other clubs that we used to go toe to toe with that have left us behind.
Blackpool had shite ownership issues but bounced back quickly. So why not our turn next ?

Driving to Carlisle tomorrow, early start where our season starts right 😎

This fucking club will take me in the end, proud to have followed it and stuck with it.
Boy can we moan but that’s all part ot it.

Cracking post 👍
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: