Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre/Matchday Thread -  (Read 16851 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:17:50 »

So is Saturday now a massive game for Lindsey? Effectively thrown tonight to prepare for Saturday, so if we don’t get anything does the pressure on him really start building even this early?

I think the next 3 games are massive- if we fall adrift of the chasing pack he will be under massive pressure- fans are losing patience already
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:18:12 »

Got no real issue with throwing what is quickly becoming a meaningless annual game for us, as long as we start picking up results in the league. To me, (definitely too early to say but hey ho) I only see this ending with Lindsey being sacked by November. Probably a fantastic coach, just seems so out of his depth to me, but boy would I love to be proved wrong.
If we don’t have a firing McKirdy, alongside a suspect back-line with a midfield struggling to link up properly, it’s a recipe for disaster. Fingers crossed we start firing soon. Early days after all…
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:19:13 »

We seem to have become Walsall of last season and vice versa.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:19:29 »

Fast free flowing out the league is my concern. I know it's early days but I didn't see many encouraging things on Saturday.

I worry about the manager not being up to the task and have doubts about most of the signings so far.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:20:19 »

It's still too early to judge Lindsey. I'm not full of confidence, but it is.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:21:50 »

How long so we give him if these results carry on through August? We could be well adrift of the chasing pack already
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:24:07 »

Is it too early? We could all see this coming after Cardiff that we were undercooked, not being ready for the season is unforgivable for a manager in my book.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:24:30 »

How long so we give him if these results carry on through August? We could be well adrift of the chasing pack already

I know. And we could be out of it by the time we get to a reasonable judgement time - November.

And yeah, its alarmist but we could be struggling for league survival.

But we could also be top 6.

You have to give fair chance. 3 games isn't that.

I'm not happy clappy. I hope people know that Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:30:47 »

Got no real issue with throwing what is quickly becoming a meaningless annual game for us, as long as we start picking up results in the league. To me, (definitely too early to say but hey ho) I only see this ending with Lindsey being sacked by November. Probably a fantastic coach, just seems so out of his depth to me, but boy would I love to be proved wrong.
If we don’t have a firing McKirdy, alongside a suspect back-line with a midfield struggling to link up properly, it’s a recipe for disaster. Fingers crossed we start firing soon. Early days after all…

Is he a great coach though?  I thought he was in charge of the defensive coaching last season and quite frankly we were a joke.  Having just watched Charlton, they look like a carbon copy of us last season, which suggests Garner was behind the way we played (and Rovers fans had similar descriptions of their team at times).

I haven't offered any thoughts on his appointment as yet and it is still far too soon to write a person off, but we can at least review what we have been presented with, and it is not good.

Based on two games watched and one listened to, we seem bereft of real quality (for this division).  We look like a lot of the plodders we faced last season.

The early indicators do not look good to me on the new signings being anywhere good enough on the whole.  Our best XI from last season puts this seasons best team to bed and tucks it in with a nice cup of hot chocolate.  Lindsey either spoke complete bullshit or has a real problem off the back of our third game.  To say we don't have a first XI and have more depth this season has likely just been dispelled.  I know it was only listening, but the game today seemed like a training session for Walsall's benefit.  The bench this season looks no better than last season.

Ho hum, such is life.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:34:19 »

Is he a great coach though?  I thought he was in charge of the defensive coaching last season and quite frankly we were a joke.  Having just watched Charlton, they look like a carbon copy of us last season, which suggests Garner was behind the way we played (and Rovers fans had similar descriptions of their team at times).

I haven't offered any thoughts on his appointment as yet and it is still far too soon to write a person off, but we can at least review what we have been presented with, and it is not good.

Based on two games watched and one listened to, we seem bereft of real quality (for this division).  We look like a lot of the plodders we faced last season.

The early indicators do not look good to me on the new signings being anywhere good enough on the whole.  Our best XI from last season puts this seasons best team to bed and tucks it in with a nice cup of hot chocolate.  Lindsey either spoke complete bullshit or has a real problem off the back of our third game.  To say we don't have a first XI and have more depth this season has likely just been dispelled.  I know it was only listening, but the game today seemed like a training session for Walsall's benefit.  The bench this season looks no better than last season.

Ho hum, such is life.

Agree, too early to write off, I’m just going off a gut feel currently. See similarities with this and the 18/19 season so far, however, think this team has far more potential. Seems the club are happy enough with sacrificing short term immediate success on the pitch, to build better foundations off it. That’s fine, for a season, however we can’t afford to spend much longer down here.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:36:11 »

Have we ever started a season with no goals in the first 3 games

1897-98 in Southern League. Arguably 1915-16 as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:39:06 »

Oh, and I want to eat humble pie a year from now on this next point, please.

You cannot build a team at this level purely on the data approach we have taken of trying to get an, almost, entire squad of rough diamonds.  I am a data person, spent 25+ years working in that area in my career, and it most certainly has a place in sport, including football.  Taking on someone like Sandro is not a bad idea.  Having a top 5 budget (which we should) in Div 4 should provide enough flexibility to use that data recruitment as a supplement.  You get a team together to win this fucking league first, then you add the pixie dust after.  A minimum of maybe 8 players need to make up your core that would walk into any other team in the Division.  Who do we have?

Reed, Williams, McKirdy, maybe McDonald based on past reputation, Gladwin at a push.  It's not enough and one or two of them are off the boil.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:41:05 »

Lindsey has fallen on his feet getting this gig - let’s be frank, the club made a right mess of the recruitment process and he was a desperate appointment when we’d been knocked back elsewhere. He didn’t apply and wasn’t even interviewed ffs - he wouldn’t get a look in to be a manager at any other FL club.

He hasn’t helped himself tonight and it seems mad to say it so early on in the season but a defeat on Saturday and he is under pressure.

Like everyone, I’d love him to be a success but the early evidence is concerning. I’d include Sandro in that statement too - a big few weeks for him.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:41:35 »

Ref waves play on, then when they screw up the advantage, awards the pen and sends our lad off.

Another crap ref.

On another note, we created sod all and have no goal threat.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 20:42:15 »

Lindsey has fallen on his feet getting this gig - let’s be frank, the club made a right mess of the recruitment process and he was a desperate appointment when we’d been knocked back elsewhere. He didn’t apply and wasn’t even interviewed ffs - he wouldn’t get a look in to be a manager at any other FL club.

He hasn’t helped himself tonight and it seems mad to say it so early on in the season but a defeat on Saturday and he is under pressure.

Like everyone, I’d love him to be a success but the early evidence is concerning. I’d include Sandro in that statement too - a big few weeks for him.

Good honest post

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: