Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33519 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 11:02:42 »

I think Wakeling has the potential to be a Harry replacement. Granted he's not as exciting and I'd rather Harry and Jake in the same side, but from what I've seen so far I've been impressed.

Clearly we still have to replace Harry should he be sold and I doubt Massey, Tomi or Harry P are going to be those players. I'm sure Sandro is busy creating Pivot tables on his fancy spreadsheet as I type.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 17:26:14 »

Have Town given up on Harry Parsons as a first team squadder this season?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 18:05:46 »

If Sandro's half the statto he's supposed to be then he should have a selection of personnel lined as a replacement for everyone in the team. Football's a fickle game and one purple patch at the end of a window can lead to transfer madness and players changing hands for seemingly no reason.

I hope Harry is here next year. But we're a league 2 side, and we have to be realistic.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 18:07:24 »

Footballers are transitory and always will be. We’ve all seen the good ones come and go - well, go mostly - yet the club and fans endure.

It’s no big deal if Harry goes too.

The club will endure, but is likely to be shitter on the pitch and score less goals.  Less fans will go as a result and those that do would will be less entertained.

Pretty much everyone that pays their money and time to watch us week in week out, home and away, would want him to stay.   Any replacement we get will almost certainly be boring in comparison even if, and it's a big if, they score as many goals.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 18:07:54 »

Lindsey & Clayton

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #560 on: Friday, August 26, 2022, 08:57:11 »

Lindsey & Clayton

Wrong thread there Jimbo.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: