Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33354 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:08:49 »

Didn't see the coaching staff throughout the game, where I am in the TE I'm directly blocked by one of the uprights so have nothing to say in that regard.

As for on the pitch matters, whether 3 at the back can or can't be good (it can), our best 11 for me has to be a 4 at the back, formations aside I just think our best 11 players includes a heavier stacked midfield, the diamond worked well in the 2nd half today compared to anything else we've seen so far, a 433 could work well too but we've not seen it yet and would probably have Wakeling playing the Yates role on the left.

At least there looked to be something that can be worked on in the 2nd half.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:30:51 »

Cash in how?
No one wanted him in the summer, let alone now…
Didn't say we will, just said I would. If pre season and the 1st 2 games are what we will have this year I'd take whatever we could
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:31:28 »

cash in or not McKirdy has always been like that on the pitch. Surely we've not forgotten last seasons bookings already. he did tone it down .. a bit

the refs room, if true, what a nobend.

happened in local league at bibury when I used to play. Refs clothes in the shower. think they got life bans from the league!

edit: not suggesting that's what he'll get, local league punishments are a different planet!!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:35:19 »

I just can't see it being true, surely staff members are around especially when players are sent off, especially when said player has a history of being a little petulant?   
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:36:32 »

I think Harry has toned it down a bit. Maybe not enough. Hope the rumours over the ref room etc isn’t true. We looked a better side when he went off but I feel that may have been due to change of system. I hope the coaching staff learn something from today. Brynn was great and I’m a bit disheartened fo hear about any doughnuts who were booing him before a ball was kicked. He certainly proved those “fans” wrong today.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:39:49 »

I've actually forgotten to mention the Brynn thing, there were a group of younger fans in the TE booing his name when the team was read out and were also chanting for Lewis Ward.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:53:36 »

How many times over the last year have we seen games where Garner refused to change tactics or had nothing he could or would do to change a match up or hold on to a point or 2 or 3 on occasion?

If we can do what we did second half against a shit ref who obviously had it in for us or a point to prove and hang onto more points this season then that's an improvement.

When the team came out after the second half it was obviously they were much more galvanised than the first, and made some actual chances despite being a man down. Salford should be embarrassed about today, absolutely should have beaten us and we're gifted the attempt by the ref but sounds like they didn't do much other than test Brynn a couple of times.

Oh and if some cunts are giving a brand new young player they've probably not seen play shit, 2 games into the season, they can go support the pox. Off ye fuck.

I think Mckirdy is going to be fine. Always difficult to settle into a season when you get no service like against Harrogate and then sent off early on in the second game. Can understand him missing his mates but I suppose that's what being a professional footballer is about. He'll be pissed off, give him a couple of games away to sit out his ban, team gets a chance to pick itself up, he comes back and slots back in starts scoring goals again and he won't remember these last couple of games come October.

We hope.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 22:08:52 »

Still don’t think it’s true about McKirdy. He’s posted on Instagram but is keeping it zipped, if he’d gone completely off the rails he’d be throwing caution to the wind now about the ref.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 05:28:24 »

So,  which game will McKirdy miss ?, Walsall or Carlisle ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 06:17:01 »

So,  which game will McKirdy miss ?, Walsall or Carlisle ?.

Carlisle.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 06:34:25 »

I just can't see it being true, surely staff members are around especially when players are sent off, especially when said player has a history of being a little petulant?   
That's what I thought. The big fella from the strength and conditioning staff walked down the tunnel behind him. I wondered at the time whether that was to retrain him or make sure he didn't do anything stupid. But, it seems a bit of an odd rumour to come up with.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:27:10 »

Carlisle.
Not so. FA confirmed he will miss the Walsall game only.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:30:30 »

Not so. FA confirmed he will miss the Walsall game only.

So, the missing games aligned to the competition only no longer applies?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:34:48 »

Dunno. Just saying what the FA confirmed which is in t’Adver
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 07:38:17 »

That's what I thought. The big fella from the strength and conditioning staff walked down the tunnel behind him. I wondered at the time whether that was to retrain him or make sure he didn't do anything stupid. But, it seems a bit of an odd rumour to come up with.

You only have to look at the Twitter accounts like 'Insider Swindon' and their ilk to see we have some very attention deprived fans who will make stuff up just in the hope someone gullible will take it as gospel and 90% will tell them to fuck off.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: