Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33315 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:06:52 »

Quote from: Jimmy QuitMoaning
What's the latest on Iandolo's injury as rarely gets a mention in the press.

it was mentioned in the PR... found it

FOOTBALL : @Official_STFC longest-serving player Ellis Iandolo out for a "number of weeks" with quad muscle injury #stfc

he's had his injury problems over the years
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:07:36 »

What's the latest on Iandolo's injury as rarely gets a mention in the press.

Interviewed by BBC Wilts before the game, replayed after.  Number of weeks is the party line at the moment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:11:02 »

Interviewed by BBC Wilts before the game, replayed after.  Number of weeks is the party line at the moment.

Cheers Tom I missed that.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:12:08 »

It wasn’t shaving foam but I can confirm that McKirdy has been into the referees changing room and made a royal mess.

Confirm it then.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #394 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:13:24 »

Feel sorry for the young lads to be honest, they are bearing the brunt from the trust the data lot whilst we got experienced players performing like absolute shit tbh.

Didn't like what i see from the bench today though i have tbh, players getting far too many different instructions.  Mildy i understand as he is concentrating on 1 player but the others were a mess calling out different players all 90 minutes and at one point Reed had 3 or 4 different coaches shouting at him

Finally, i would cash in now on McKirdy, we are seeing the beginning of the inevitable now
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:14:00 »

Cheers Tom I missed that.

Of course, no worries.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:14:51 »

Will take a point after the first half and going down to ten. Showed fight and looked much improved in the second half.

Brennan- very, very bad. Thomas Asante tore him a new one. Way off it. Think I’d rather see Clayton at left centre half if we stick with a 3.

Mckirdy- whether it was unlucky or not to get a second yellow, he was always getting sent off at some point. Rotten attitude from the offset today, crying about everything. Ref couldn’t wait to send him off and mckirdy played right into his hands.

Shade disappointing again.

Thought Brynn was class. If you booed a GK on his second game in the warm up you are a fucking cunt, simple as that really. Khan and Gladwin looked good in midfield today.

Referee? Bizarre. How the fuck he’s got a gig in league 2 I don’t know. Awful. 21 fouls 9 bookings, something like 35 in Bradford game and 3 yellows (seen this on Twitter).

Coaching set up bit of a circus today, 4 or 5 all screaming at once throwing arms about. Where do you look and who do you listen too?

Point better than none, now get that win asap.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:16:48 »

Feel sorry for the young lads to be honest, they are bearing the brunt from the trust the data lot whilst we got experienced players performing like absolute shit tbh.

Didn't like what i see from the bench today though i have tbh, players getting far too many different instructions.  Mildy i understand as he is concentrating on 1 player but the others were a mess calling out different players all 90 minutes and at one point Reed had 3 or 4 different coaches shouting at him

Finally, i would cash in now on McKirdy, we are seeing the beginning of the inevitable now

Cash in how?
No one wanted him in the summer, let alone now…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:20:58 »

Just wondering if he's being petulant behind the scenes trying to force a move or hes's been told we won't sell him unless a certain amount is offered. It wouldn't surprise me if we do a deal with Charlton with DJ coming back.

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:29:43 »

BBC Wilts played interview with McKirdy. He talked about the special bond last season and can't be recreated just like that, loss of key squad from last year, pleased for Payne but misses him and thinks 433 formation at the end of last season suits him best.

Got the feeling he is not 100% happy at the mo especially seeing his mates move on from last year. A few goals and some crowd adulation plus a couple of signings might get him going again.

Steve Hale called it on the radio that teams watching him will want to see how this season goes and that last season wasn't a one off given his past at other clubs.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:34:27 »

The coaching set up today looked exactly what it is. Made up of coaches who have spent most of their career in non league.

Wasn’t there, so I didn’t see Lindsey and co acting up - but it’s a real pet hate when the bench act like hyperactive thugs.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:10:35 by Frigby Daser » Logged
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:51:07 »

Exeter 4 Port Vale 0  Pint
Shame they couldn’t have done this a few weeks ago and won the league and kept those scummy bastards out of the play offs!  No
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:53:03 »

Shame they couldn’t have done this a few weeks ago and won the league and kept those scummy bastards out of the play offs!  No

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:54:16 »

I think they did win the league…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 20:07:13 »

Lindsay's coaching team seem to loud wide boys (fit nicely with some of the board members etc) and is he strong enough in his first job to pull them into line and put his imprint (if it exists) into the team

Listening to the interview with the new defensive coach,I tend to agree with you

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: