Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33363 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 17:49:01 »

As observed above, Darcy appears to be a useful addition. I fear that MacDonald's career with STFC may mirror that of Grounds.

Nothing to see here
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 17:50:36 »

I brought a friend for his first game today. Swiss chap who supports FC Basel. I think he enjoyed it. First half was poor. We really showed a lot of fight in the second half. We really looked like the team with 11 chasing the win. Credit to Lindsey. We really went for it. Whether or not playing with 10 affected us or not, I’m not sure! McKirdy bowled past the Queen’s tap afte the game wheeling a mini suitcase. He did acknowledge the fans but unsurprisingly he seemed frustrated.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 17:52:17 »

my pre match fears of the 5 at the back were confirmed. i just don't think we have the personal at this level to pull it off at home games. it's not even like Salford set up to defend either, most of the first half they had a front 4. we really struggle to create when we play it.

2nd half the defence looked transformed in a 4. Macdonald looked so much more comfortable.

all of the subs were a positive.

Khan was disappointing. with zero evidence I think the occasion and attendance got to him. he tried to play too safe and got caught on the ball.

told you all Brynn was a bfg. some fantastic saves

Reed and mckirdy need to bite their lip. as a skipper and as a senior macdonald/bauldry should have dragged them away from the situations and tell them to shut the fuck up. not one person stepped in and your never going to win against the ref.

"mad gav" looked proper mad. Full on energy and as a defensive coach had a good shift. loved a moment in the 2nd half when he spoke to a ball boy by the dug out and gave him a mission to tell all the others along Stratton Bank to slow down giving the ball back.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 17:56:31 »

As observed above, Darcy appears to be a useful addition. I fear that MacDonald's career with STFC may mirror that of Grounds.
To be fair with the stupid formation in the first half he kept feeling the need to step up into midfield to make up the numbers. Second half he was able to actually play his position.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:09:27 »

Lindsay's coaching team seem to loud wide boys

The presence in the dugout looked like something from a Sunday pub league

Nothing to see here
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:19:57 »

It wasn’t shaving foam but I can confirm that McKirdy has been into the referees changing room and made a royal mess.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:26:35 »

It wasn’t shaving foam but I can confirm that McKirdy has been into the referees changing room and made a royal mess.

Further disciplinary action to follow then🤔

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:35:08 »

The presence in the dugout looked like something from a Sunday pub league

So did the team first half.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:45:23 »

Further disciplinary action to follow then🤔

100% Jimmy.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:46:52 »

Three at the back is garbage. It didn’t suit us last year, and doesn’t appear to this. 4-3-3 all the way.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:54:03 »

100% Jimmy.

Not good. I saw a post on Facebook saying he looked unhappy during the warm up and didn't acknowledge fans like he normally does.

So, give no fucks
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:55:28 »

I honestly think that was the most disorganised bench/coaching team I have ever seen during a Town game. No wonder the team looked so ill disciplined.

The recruitment on the whole looks okay, perhaps question marks on Adeloye. I just do not see that coaching team getting anything out of them. 532 needs to be binned immediately, although I worry we are heavy with DEF to play this formation and the wrong types of forwards to play 433.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 18:59:14 »

To say 3 at the back is garbage is a bit of a stretch, it has had great success here and elsewhere and will continue to do so.  On the evidence we've seen so far it doesn't look to be best suited to us at the moment, sure, but to outright say it's garbage is objectively wrong.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:03:08 »

The coaching set up today looked exactly what it is. Made up of coaches who have spent most of their career in non league.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 19:03:21 »

What's the latest on Iandolo's injury as rarely gets a mention in the press.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: