Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33338 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:42:01 »

31% possession which is understandable playing with 10

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:43:20 »

We'll, that was fucking awful! A real waste of an afternoon.

Second half we were much better when we played 4 at the back.

Brynn kept us in the game
Clayton kept Bolton quiet
Darcy has positional sense and a bit of class
Hutton was a different player in the second half.
Wakeling buzzed around. Liked him.
Adeloye - no.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:44:10 »

Yep, if anything going down to 10 men and getting rid of the wing backs 135 minutes into the season *might* be a blessing in disguise

I may be making this up, but didn’t we almost stumble on the 433 last season that turned out well?
stfcben

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:44:56 »

Not too sure what to take from that.

Clearly much improved in the second half though seems to be an overall lack of quality in this side. Still, in the circumstances we’ve done well to get a point & the effort was there for all to see.

Horrible performance by the referee. Hard to view it and not conclude he was refereeing with some sort of bias against us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:45:44 »

I may be making this up, but didn’t we almost stumble on the 433 last season that turned out well?

I thought the same but I was trying to remember why / who got injured & forced the change…but…got nothing
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:46:15 »

Do refs get accessed on their performance in league 2 or is that only in the Premiership?

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:47:42 »

Just on the ref - agree he was awful, but think it's hardly a coincidence that we get more bad for us than good when we have a team who are *very* keen to have a whinge. Would be a surprise if that didn't influence the close decisions.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:50:48 »

Do refs get accessed on their performance in league 2 or is that only in the Premiership?

All refs get assessed in the top 4 leagues, not sure below

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:52:00 »

Just on the ref - agree he was awful, but think it's hardly a coincidence that we get more bad for us than good when we have a team who are *very* keen to have a whinge. Would be a surprise if that didn't influence the close decisions.

Sky Sports stats have Salford winning 7 fouls and us winning 14 fouls.
So they had one booking from 14 fouls. We had 8 bookings from 7 fouls.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:52:50 »

The ref and the eventual scoreline managed to gloss over what was another very bad day at the office, worrying if the manager doesn't acknowledge this..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:53:06 »

Looked like 11 v 10 before McKirdy was sent off.

Second half very even.  

After the 30:70 possession drubbing, it made I larff how nervous Salford looked at Hutton's long throws.

Very curious refereeing.  A clean game, actually.  I mean will Woolmer be allowed to continue dishing the cards out so keenly every game?  Given Wakeling's yellow for a tug back, it would only have been consistent to see a second yellow for Bolton when he did the same.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:53:42 »

“Sky Sports stats have Salford winning 7 fouls and us winning 14 fouls.
So they had one booking from 14 fouls. We had 8 bookings from 7 fouls”.

The fouls are the other way around, but still stark difference in proportion of cautions
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:55:13 »

The ref and the eventual scoreline managed to gloss over what was another very bad day at the office, worrying if the manager doesn't acknowledge this..

Think it’s a bit harsh to say it was a bad day at the office. It was certainly an awful first half but think we did alright second half.

Say what we like about Lindsey’s ability long term on this job but we were a different side after half time. He did change the formation straight away and the team talk obviously worked.

For as much shit as he is getting for the first half (and don’t get me wrong rightfully so) he does deserve credit for the turn around at half time.

Be interesting to see how we line up personnel & formation next game.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:57:22 »

Did Clayton play as left back in the second half in a back 4?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, August 6, 2022, 15:58:04 »

“Sky Sports stats have Salford winning 7 fouls and us winning 14 fouls.
So they had one booking from 14 fouls. We had 8 bookings from 7 fouls”.

The fouls are the other way around, but still stark difference in proportion of cautions

Really weird way Sky call it fouls won. I’d class that as winning that amount of free kicks for being fouled. Not amount of fouls committed (which they actually have on their stat sheet but it says 0 - 0
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: