Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33336 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 08:12:56 »

It might be reading too much into randomness, but I do think it's a good sign that Harry McKirdy did the presser - if you were a manager with any doubt about his commitment or his respect for you, he's about the last player you'd put in front of the local press.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 08:29:40 »

It might be reading too much into randomness, but I do think it's a good sign that Harry McKirdy did the presser - if you were a manager with any doubt about his commitment or his respect for you, he's about the last player you'd put in front of the local press.

Did McKirdy really do the press conference? Did he do it properly or was he farting into his hands and then cupping them into Lindsey's face etc etc?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 09:38:46 »

haha, according to the rumour mill he's handed in a transfer request!

literally just another person on the ffit course I'm on said. So no more itk then the rest of us.

like you I think it would be odd to use him for the press conference if there was mileage
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 09:50:56 »

I'm willing to bet all of the finest vintage Ouzo in Audrey's cellar that McKirdy will still be here when an Alt+F4 closes the window.

So, how much do we think Reed is worth then?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 10:42:33 »

I'm willing to bet all of the finest vintage Ouzo in Audrey's cellar that McKirdy will still be here when an Alt+F4 closes the window.

So, how much do we think Reed is worth then?

After saturdays performance, about 50p.

Hopefully the scouts watched that game and decided he's shite Smiley
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 11:06:49 »

Hopefully the scouts watched that game and decided he's shite Smiley

I'm not sure many scouts use the fabled Swindon Town supporter strategy to decide on a player's ability...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 11:24:24 »

For all the shitness of last weekend, and some of the weaknesses on display, it was one game.  This Division is full of shit, so on any given day even a team performing well can rock up and gift the other team a goal or find their random approach to attacking play draws a blank.  Even last week we had a few chances and could have got something out of it had we been the team that got that first goal.

My biggest gripe last time out was that we did not look like a team that had improved from last term, and everything was in our favour to have improved vs the preparation and budget for last season.
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 13:56:47 »

Town 1-2 Salford

Att: 9,027 (91 away)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 16:31:43 »

Swindon 3-2 salford att 8455 - 200 salford mckirdy x2 and hutton
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 20:26:17 »

have no idea what to expect from Salford, have to no idea what to expect from town! 5 at the back at home didn't work for the majority of home games last season. it scares me that we haven't tried (that i know of) 4 at the back in preseason.

would be brilliant to start off our home games with a win and confidence. an early goal and i'm confident. if salford come to defend then it could be a frustrating one
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 20:46:27 »

0-2. 6,954
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 20:47:44 »

0-2. 6,954
I think you’re well off on the attendance based on the seat map. I think it will be upwards of 9000.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 20:48:43 »

0-2. 6,954

I think you're out on the crowd by at least 1,500 don't forget we have around 5000 season ticket holders.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 5, 2022, 20:52:01 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 21:29:01 »

0-1. I have a feeling we are in for a turbulent few weeks on the pitch.

I hope to see a left sided player at LWB, and pray we don’t have to endure the Williams/Gladwin duo - Khan in for the former is my prediction.

I hope Adeloye receives some service tomorrow - he’s the one newbie who I’ve found it impossible to form much of an opinion of considering he has been totally starved of service in his two matches.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 21:33:43 »

I think you're out on the crowd by at least 1,500 don't forget we have around 5000 season ticket holders.
I must admit, I’m considering the genuine crowd, not the one reported if they include non attending season ticket holders. I know several who won’t be there due to holidays etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: