Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 36142 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 06:06:26 »

I just think Adeloye will have a much better all round game than a lumbering Davison who occasionally is in the right place at the right time. I’ll guarantee he’s a better header of the ball.
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 06:07:36 »

The battle of the Railwaymen today at Harrogate and I shall be supporting ASLEF on the picket line in Gloucester which is where Reg would like me to be. Swindon to win 3-1. As an occasional contributor to TEF, an ex-player for Swindon Boys, and a current walking football player twice a week, I could still put in a shift in midfield.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 06:41:31 »

Based on what? Jeez, the bar isn’t that high. My only negative comment would be whether he can match his work rate.

Based on the fact Davison had a decent goal return in his spell with us & we have no idea how Tomi will compare…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 06:42:26 »

The battle of the Railwaymen today at Harrogate and I shall be supporting ASLEF on the picket line in Gloucester which is where Reg would like me to be. Swindon to win 3-1. As an occasional contributor to TEF, an ex-player for Swindon Boys, and a current walking football player twice a week, I could still put in a shift in midfield.

My dad used to play for Swindon Boys. He's now 74 so not sure if you would have been in the same age bracket or not. He told me he thought he was a pretty good player until he played against a Cardiff team and seeing John Toshack and realised just how good he wasn't! He was offered terms with STFC but there wasn't a lot of ££ in it so he decided to be an accountant instead.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 06:44:43 »

Safe journey to all of you that are travelling, bring back the 3 points and let's hear you on the illegal streaming sites.

COYR COYR COYR
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 07:32:40 »

The big question is did Dukey arrive back in Southampton early enough this morning to make the long journey to Harrogate after dropping the Mrs off🤔

So, give no fucks
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 07:38:15 »

Here in Turkey where it is currently 38 degrees C and will quite happily retire to room when 3 o’clock comes over there, but wi-fi in hotel is not the best so not sure how to access the game. Whatever happens I am there in spirit and just trust we can get a good result.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 08:18:28 »

Pre match impressive xB rating anticipated in The Winter Gardens.

Bus from Leeds.
The ASLAN union can fuck right off & get those manes trimmed, scruffy cunts.

So, here we are again.
That fateful bottle dodging night in the Potteries only seems like yesterday.

Seems like it's been a shit summer with the never ending managerial saga, both outgoing & incoming and the perceived underwhelming nature of some of the signings, plus the fractious debates on the inner workings of the club.
As a fanbase we don't really do toxic positivity.

Net result for me is a somewhat downbeat outlook for the start of the season. Expecting a slow start so the fans might need to be patient & hold their nerve.

An upside is playing Harrogate first up if their previous effort is anything to go by.
Would be tempted to go with the most experienced lineup to start.
Interested to see how coaches adapt to 5 sub bingo.

Hope everyone is ready.
There are new entrenched opinion slots to be filled & existing ones to be dusted down for rinse & repeat.
Are the keypad worriers poised for some frantic double thumb action in delivering the summary (execution) verdicts.

Will it be a collective thumbs up or down for our new intake of gladiators as they leave the arena after 90 minutes.

Anyway, time for a pint, but the Himalayan salt massage is looking tempting. Less so the full body exfoliation.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 08:21:03 »

Fingers crossed for a good start to the season, will be watching in my hotel room in Birmingham.

No predictions this season from me as I seem to jinx it Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 09:24:05 »

The big question is did Dukey arrive back in Southampton early enough this morning to make the long journey to Harrogate after dropping the Mrs off🤔
Probably went up on the team bus.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 09:44:35 »

Based on what? Jeez, the bar isn’t that high. My only negative comment would be whether he can match his work rate.
I'm not Davidson's biggest fan. But the new bloke could be all that he was, plus not score any
goals.

All of the new players could be lesser quality than the ones they replace. I'd be amazed mind.

I have questions over khan, Darcy, wakeling. These are the players I think will make the difference. while they looked good in preseason we've no idea yet
adje

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 10:00:37 »

I think it’s entirely possible Tomi is worse than Davison.

Agreed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 10:10:01 »

Probably went up on the team bus.

I think he was on a Scandinavia cruise Bob and wasn't getting back into Southampton until this morning.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 10:12:05 »

No idea what to expect today. I suppose Harrogate is a good place to start the season.

Nothing to see here
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 10:17:20 »

I think he was on a Scandinavia cruise Bob and wasn't getting back into Southampton until this morning.

Looks like piss poor planning to me.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: