Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216153 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 16:44:27 »

The Walsall fans reacting in exactly the same split way we did. "Give him a chance" to "ffs, cheap option".

Must have joint worst fans in the world

I think Tranmere fans did similar when they did the same earlier this month. It seems to be 'on trend' at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 17:18:24 »

Unsure what fans at this level expect most the time. Anyone appointed in League Two is either going to be unproven or failed somewhere.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #617 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 09:49:04 »

The Walsall fans reacting in exactly the same split way we did. "Give him a chance" to "ffs, cheap option".

Must have joint worst fans in the world
TBH Tranmere did almost exactly the same appointing ex number 2 Ian Dawes and has exactly the same reaction.

A reaction I think is pretty much valid and also expected at every club in the EFL.

EDIT: I should read the whole thread before replying Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #618 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 11:58:35 »

Cowley in line to join MKDongs as new manager.

Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 15:14:31 »

A departure from their previous modus operandi if that happens. Maybe the fashion of overrated academy coaches coming to an end for leagues one and two.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 15:22:19 »

A departure from their previous modus operandi if that happens. Maybe the fashion of overrated academy coaches coming to an end for leagues one and two.

Hooray to that!!

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 15:40:01 »

I assume that Rokerite is in full on PR hard sell mode on their forum (if they have one!)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:01:25 »

Neil Critchley back to Blackpool after QPR went south.

Bit of that about. I wonder how much Garner came up in conversations when we needed to replace Lindsey?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:04:58 »

Not much
Peter Venkman

« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 08:56:07 »

Neil Critchley back to Blackpool after QPR went south.

Bit of that about. I wonder how much Garner came up in conversations when we needed to replace Lindsey?
From what I have been told Clem was not a big fan of Garner.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:59:16 »

I assume that Rokerite is in full on PR hard-on sell mode on their forum (if they have one!)
Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:15:51 »

Jody Morris linked with St Johnstone
Peter Venkman

« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:19:55 »

He had an interview with them before the end of the season IIRC and quickly went to the top of the bookies lists then.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Morris pop up quickly at St Johnstone. Think they have a vacancy and he’s very highly regarded there. Gives him a chance to get straight back on the bicycle so to speak.

And the fans like him too.

Hello!

St Johnstone fan here. Just wanted to pop in and give you some insight on Jody Morris' time with us. Jody signed for us in 2008 when we were in the Scottish First Division. He hadn't played for a while after leaving Millwall and admitted that he had fallen out of love with the game. He came to us as he had previously played with our then manager, Derek McInnes, at Millwall. Initially our fans were sceptical when he first signed due to some of the off field baggage, but those initial doubts were quickly put to bed when he scored a diving header in front of our away support in a game against local rivals Dundee. After that there was no looking back, he was an instrumental part of the team that led us back to the Premier League after being in the lower league for 7 years and also led the team to a Scottish Cup semi final. Both on and off the pitch he was a brilliant leader. He relocated his family to Scotland, worked closely with our youth teams and was involved in supporters functions and the local community. He was a big part of the reason that a culture was installed in the club that has allowed us to go on and win two Scottish Cups, a League Cup and compete in Europe several times.

I know that many Saints fans were hoping that Jody would be our next manager, but unlikely that this will happen now. He has all the tools to be a great success at Swindon, he has good knowledge of the Scottish leagues, knows the English youth system well and is well respected in the game. I hope he does well, you have got a real leader at the helm of your club now and someone who will make sure the players work hard for him every week. All the best.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:50:11 »

Would be extremely interesting to see he gets on there so quickly after leaving us.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:51:43 »

He might do alright. He had a shit set of circumstances here, but still underperformed. If the threw his toys out the pram about it early and didn't put his heart in to it, then it may have contributed.

He was never exactly known as the most mature as a player, which did worry me when he was first linked.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: