Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216293 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #315 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 10:42:34 »

Crawley part company with Etherington and assistant Simon Davies
Finacial crisis there apparently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 10:47:13 »

not enough idiots to buy the fools gold nft.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 10:59:27 »

And we managed to lose to these clowns.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 11:47:42 »

They should get Shezza in.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 14:18:21 »

Perhaps. It’s a theory.
If it’s true then sacking Lindsey now and looking for a replacement will still bring the same issues as the summer, no?

Only if there was s no one lined up to replace him. There generally is but we’re Swindon Town, we tend to do things differently.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 18:09:24 »

Don’t know how close we were - or at all - to employing Michael Carrick as manager. He’s taken Middlesbrough from relegation spot in Championship to challenging for a PO spot.

Aaaahh. What might have been.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #321 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 18:17:10 »

Don’t know how close we were - or at all - to employing Michael Carrick as manager. He’s taken Middlesbrough from relegation spot in Championship to challenging for a PO spot.

Probably wages would have been an issue with him too. Lincoln wanted him but were put off by his wage demands.

DMC

« Reply #322 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 18:31:38 »

Nowhere near, he should be the example to how we should really be more realistic. He turned down Fleetwood i believe and another championship club before taking that job. There were a few we were linked with  by fans that was madness
Peter Venkman

« Reply #323 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 18:37:40 »

Nowhere near, he should be the example to how we should really be more realistic. He turned down Fleetwood i believe and another championship club before taking that job. There were a few we were linked with  by fans that was madness
I think he was linked by fans was based upon him being close to the Lincoln job and Lincoln only being 1 division higher than us, despite the fact that they couldnt afford his wages, he was never a realistic target.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 18:40:09 »

He was linked to us because one of us probably said ‘Carricks looking for a job’ and that’s all it was based on.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, December 29, 2022, 19:39:14 »

Carrick was a dream. We've attracted good managers early in their career before but wages was always going to be a struggle. You was hoping a mixture of Carrick knowing the club, seeing some potential there and Clem seeing the potential and pushing the boat out.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 21:50:06 »

Cowley brothers sacked from Pompey
DMC

« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 08:50:02 »

Carrick was a dream. We've attracted good managers early in their career before but wages was always going to be a struggle. You was hoping a mixture of Carrick knowing the club, seeing some potential there and Clem seeing the potential and pushing the boat out.
To give you an idea though, Crofts at Brighton was all but ready to come here as manager, and then Brighton came in with a new contract believed to be around 6 xs more than what a manager gets in this league. Madness now what coaches at these clubs are earning
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 09:05:20 »

To give you an idea though, Crofts at Brighton was all but ready to come here as manager, and then Brighton came in with a new contract believed to be around 6 xs more than what a manager gets in this league. Madness now what coaches at these clubs are earning

Plus, so many more positions available than 20 years ago.
Better wages & better job security.

Plus, with how short term managers are these days you can see why they all move on first chance they get.
A lot of people wondered why Garner would go to Charlton - a seemingly basket case club who go through managers rather than stay here with some sort of stability.

Well, at Charlton he’s done what? 6 months work & has now gotten a pay off.

It’s why so many managers go to Watford. They probably get 2/3 years wages for 3 months work.

It’s probably more financially beneficial to be a shit manager who goes from job to job due to the pay off for being sacked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 09:39:56 »

A lot of people wondered why Garner would go to Charlton -...

Well, at Charlton he’s done what? 6 months work & has now gotten a pay off.

The way I saw Garner leaving was that he'd be under pressure here to get promoted, he'd be under pressure there to get promoted - they are a bigger club and presumably pay more.

The fans never really took to him here anyway.

I'd love to know if there were any STFC issues that pushed him away too- did he know things were going to change recruitment strategy wise. Did Chorley know... I guess we'll never find out.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: