Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216271 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:10:26 »

Interesting one, Norwich are 5th, but a long way off the top two.

Made me think of this from yesterday's matchday thread...
I was thinking the same, also the similar applies to Peterborough in L1 who were 3rd (now 8th) at the start of the shit run without a win in the last 6 games whos manager McCann is walking the tightrope.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:19:01 »

Present league position shouldn’t be an indicator of imminent change of manager. Overall, this season has been a huge bore fest. It’s got to the stage now where I dread Lindsey actually getting us up and having to put up with another season of the crap served up on the pitch.

Surely nobody - fans, management, owner - can be happy with the ‘style’ of football.

‘Let me entertain you’ it’s not.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:21:45 »

It's certainly not the fast exciting football we were promised.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:32:15 »

Present league position shouldn’t be an indicator of imminent change of manager. Overall, this season has been a huge bore fest. It’s got to the stage now where I dread Lindsey actually getting us up and having to put up with another season of the crap served up on the pitch.

Surely nobody - fans, management, owner - can be happy with the ‘style’ of football.

‘Let me entertain you’ it’s not.

People will turn up to watch a winning team (I’m aware we aren’t one of those either)
Don’t get this notion of going to football to be ‘entertained’ we aren’t  neutrals from Singapore or something.

Nothing is better than winning.
I’d rather watch a winning team than an entertaining team.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:36:00 »

Don’t get this notion of going to football to be ‘entertained’ we aren’t  neutrals from Singapore or something.

Weirdly there were a couple of asian lads full on instagraming the ground on their way out before Walsalls winner went in. Can't imagine they were thrilled with their decision.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:38:14 »

People will turn up to watch a winning team (I’m aware we aren’t one of those either)

Seconded
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 16:51:45 »

Winning games of football is all that it’s about, it’s a bonus to have a team that’s entertaining as well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 17:52:27 »

This is what’s got us in this position

‘ “There’s a chance that we might not get the results we like, but we have to keep playing football the right way, because that showcases talent in the best possible way. It’s important that we play the right way so that we can showcase talent” - Sandro Di Michele #STFC’
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 18:24:23 »

‘ “There’s a chance that we might not get the results we like, but we have to keep playing football the right way, because that showcases talent in the best possible way. It’s important that we play the right way so that we can showcase talent” - Sandro Di Michele #STFC’

All well and good if you want to tread water in L2 with players and a coaching staff not capable of getting out of that league.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 18:36:15 »

I don't get it though.

Nobody's going to sign any of our players based on successful pass percentages.

They're going to sign them on output. Goals, Assists, Chances created.

If the season ended today at the half way point, the only clubs higher up the chain who might consider spending money on one of our players would be on Wakeling. And even that is a push now given he's been fairly average since signing his new contract.

So if we aren't getting promoted, and we also aren't putting anybody in the shop window, that's a 0/2 missions completed and doesn't bode well for the management team.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 19:48:37 »

Yep, entertainment is a bonus. The aim of competitive sport is to win first and foremost

digby

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 20:05:21 »

If that's what he actually said, then I don't want that person running the football side of my club !  What a clown !  A winning side and success on the pitch is all the fans want - and if you achieve that then it's likely your players have performed reasonably well and are more likely to be coveted by other teams !

Thinking the selling of 'assets' is more important than results or entertaining is ridiculous, and could become a cancer spreading through the club if that idea is adopted by others within the setup !   Suicide
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 20:15:45 »

Surely he didn’t say that? If he did, then the man is in the wrong job.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 20:24:17 »

Remember the outrage when Evans was linked with the job, he probably would have got us promoted but not playing the Swindon way!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 22:14:22 »

Surely he didn’t say that? If he did, then the man is in the wrong job.

According to someone on Twitter "Yep, I paid to hear him say it in the data-driven episode of the documentary series."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: