Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216068 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 15:31:34 »

He couldn't wait to fuck off, had the job lined up even before the second play off match with Port Vale and showed no appreciation to Town fans.

So, give no fucks
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 16:33:40 »

I can't say that I was a particular fan of Garner during his time with us. As I understand it, he took a new job which had better terms and conditions of employment and which appeared to offer enhanced prospects of career advancement. I suspect that most of us would have done the same in similar circumstances.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 17:10:56 »

I wasn't overly bothered when he left (Garnerball not for me), he did a cracking job under extreme circumstances and we achieved more than any of us expected. What really pissed me off was taking Payne & Egbo, (think Wallacott would have left anyway) when he said he wouldn't return for any of our players. I know they were out of contract & likely to leave anyway, but going to Charlton with him really fucked me off!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 17:13:47 »

‘Difficult decision’

He couldnt wait to fuck off

Funny isn’t it….

We all hate Garner for fucking off, even though he did it at the end of the season, went to a bigger club for more pay, yet everyone is screaming for Charlie Austin to come back, despite the fact last time he was here he handed in a transfer request during the middle of the season and we were relegated.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 18:03:31 »

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yeah, Austin got some stick on his return to the CG with Burnley, but he did later express regret about the exit strategy.

Hope he signs.

Would anyone want Garner back I wonder?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 18:03:34 »

But Austin did well for us  Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 18:04:08 »

Funny isn’t it….

We all hate Garner for fucking off, even though he did it at the end of the season, went to a bigger club for more pay, yet everyone is screaming for Charlie Austin to come back, despite the fact last time he was here he handed in a transfer request during the middle of the season and we were relegated.

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't hate Garner at all. I would have rather he'd have stayed and built what he had started but I understand his thought process and managers come and go. I'm on the fence about Austin as well. I'd rather see him here than at Bristol Rovers of course, but I'm not convinced he's going to be the messiah (or a very naughty boy!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 18:57:33 »

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't hate Garner at all. I would have rather he'd have stayed and built what he had started but I understand his thought process and managers come and go. I'm on the fence about Austin as well. I'd rather see him here than at Bristol Rovers of course, but I'm not convinced he's going to be the messiah (or a very naughty boy!)

ronaldo esk vibes for Man Utd. A signing that shouldn't be made, an aging player on the decline vs football romance, excitement for the fans and would be awful to see him play for a local rival.

i think he still has something. i really hope he still has something
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 19:00:34 »

Yeah, Austin got some stick on his return to the CG with Burnley, but he did later express regret about the exit strategy.

Hope he signs.

he got the stick when he returned- really quite volatile and hatred from the stands. Then at full time he walked round the pitch clapping the fans and it was returned with applause and austin chants!

as should happen with all players that return really!

he had to leave when he did. incredible player, one of the very best natural goalscorers/poachers and should really have had some caps for england when you look at someone strikers that have over the years.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 23:19:16 »

Funny isn’t it….

I’d like to see Austin back but yeah the way he left was out of order.

If he’d waiting till the end of the season - then fine, I don’t think the club would have stood in his way at all.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 05:51:03 »

Hope he signs.

Didn’t want him here in the first place so it’s a big fat no from me. We’ve got to get away from ‘academy’ football - it’s boring the arse off of me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 08:19:42 »

Ditto. It's like attending training sessions at the CG this season. Missing attacking grit and passion.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 08:51:44 »

Never took to Garner and never will, personalityless individual who did well for us under extreme conditions. Fair play for what he achieved with us but he was another "meh" manager for me, much like Mark Cooper or Luke Williams.

I also dont think anyone could begrudge him for leaving for a much bigger club, in a higher division closer to his home.

But I would not want him back, has the personality of a sloth and seemed to be as appreciative of our fanbase as Lee Power was at times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 08:55:13 »

If he’s gone all surly because Clem may be foisting Austin on him, then his time must be up. Even if he doesn’t end up joining us surely whatever relationship Clem has with Lindsey has been soured. Maybe Clem has become as disillusioned with the football as the fan base and is considering a change of direction.

Here’s hoping.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 09:44:56 »

Never took to Garner and never will, personalityless individual who did well for us under extreme conditions. Fair play for what he achieved with us but he was another "meh" manager for me, much like Mark Cooper or Luke Williams.

I also dont think anyone could begrudge him for leaving for a much bigger club, in a higher division closer to his home.

But I would not want him back, has the personality of a sloth and seemed to be as appreciative of our fanbase as Lee Power was at times.

I agree with what you’ve said with regards to Garner but I feel a lot of that at the time got brushed under the carpet because we had McKirdy who was the complete opposite.

So Garner didn’t really need to pander to the fanbase or have any personality because McKirdy had it in spades.

Obviously winning football matches helped Garner massively. I’m well past caring about our managers personality if I’m honest, I’d gladly support Boris Johnson if he won us football matches….
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: