Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216290 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, October 6, 2022, 06:13:45 »

He’ll go off to Hibs on loan in Jan…
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 11:12:25 »

If he falls out of favour perhaps a January swoop might not be off the cards? We have perhaps spent his wages on other players though.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

He probably got a decent pay rise going to Charlton.

Not sure he would fit into our midfield at the moment though
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 07:08:36 »

Kevin Betsy gone from Crawley

Karl Robinson apparently on thin ice also
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 07:11:33 »

Kevin Betsy gone from Crawley

Karl Robinson apparently on thin ice also

I'll be honest, I'd have been pretty enthused by Betsy in pre-season. Shows what I know! Although of course, he could have fitted better here, Crawley is a bit of a strange club at the moment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 07:41:57 »

I'll be honest, I'd have been pretty enthused by Betsy in pre-season. Shows what I know! Although of course, he could have fitted better here, Crawley is a bit of a strange club at the moment.

I mean if we looking at a young coach highly regarded at youth level looking to move into management - you’d definitely look favourably on Kevin Betsy.

Whilst I’m in no position to say exactly how much of Arsenals current crop of young talent has been heavily influenced by Betsy personally - Arsenal right now very much have a good young squad of footballers.

I do wonder whether looking at youth coaches at the top, top level is maybe a bad idea because of the high ceiling of talent they work with. You know, did he try and get the Crawley players to do the same as what some of the best U23s in the country we’re doing in a top academy.

Perhaps the highly respected coaches lower down like Garner & the QPR man whose name has escaped me are a better bet for lower league managers because they work with lesser talent and it’s less of a ‘drop’ having said that the ex Liverpool youth coach did a pretty good job at Blackpool from what I can tell.

Who knows
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:28:58 »

Steve Bruce gone from WBA
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:33:51 »

No doubts another big pay off which isn't bad for eighth months work! Now on to the next.....

So, give no fucks
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:59:18 »

Money money money money money!

Lick badges
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 09:30:01 »

Why do people keep employing him. A really good player but...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #159 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 09:30:39 »

How the fuck does Steve Bruce keep getting big jobs?

That was the 4th time in his 1,032 and 12 club career that he didnt even make 35 games and only twice had a win percentage of over 41%, one of those being a 18 game job at Palace 21 years ago.

Proper jobbing manager making a career out of being not very good, like a higher league Keith Curle, or a modern day Malcolm Allison.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 09:59:27 »

How the fuck does Steve Bruce keep getting big jobs?

That was the 4th time in his 1,032 and 12 club career that he didnt even make 35 games and only twice had a win percentage of over 41%, one of those being a 18 game job at Palace 21 years ago.

Proper jobbing manager making a career out of being not very good, like a higher league Keith Curle, or a modern day Malcolm Allison.

I suspect cos having 4 promotions (plus at least 1x play off final defeat) out of the Championship into the PL makes one attractive to Championship Chairmen. I don't think he is a particularly good or bad manager, just a jobbing Championship one, albeit possibly past it now.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 14:26:17 »

My baggies supporting mate was doing the guestlist for me at the Morrissey gig I was running last night.  Sean Dyche was on the guestlist. 

He dodged my mates question about whether he was coming to save the Baggies or not.  He didnt say no though.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 14:31:15 »

My baggies supporting mate was doing the guestlist for me at the Morrissey gig I was running last night.  Sean Dyche was on the guestlist. 

He dodged my mates question about whether he was coming to save the Baggies or not.  He didnt say no though.

He was looking for a job, but has he found a job?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #163 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 15:11:07 »

I suspect cos having 4 promotions (plus at least 1x play off final defeat) out of the Championship into the PL makes one attractive to Championship Chairmen.
3 promotions (1 via play off) and a losing play off Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #164 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 15:16:33 »

My baggies supporting mate was doing the guestlist for me at the Morrissey gig I was running last night.  Sean Dyche was on the guestlist.  

He dodged my mates question about whether he was coming to save the Baggies or not.  He didnt say no though.
Not one poster on the WBA forum can be said to be unhappy about Bruce being sacked, Dyche is unsurprisingly the fans favourite polling 40% of the votes so far. Carrick 2nd most voted for.

Dyche would be a good fit for them, big club floundering low in the Championship and with a decent squad TBH and a decent amount of funding, nice and central too, not too far from his home in Kettering.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: