Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216200 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:10:28 »

Whoop another thing of rumour and conjecture to beat the regime with.

Before everyone gets too over excited its worth remembering that there are two sides to every story and at this stage only on has ben heard. IIRC the womens side has/had a DoF and their own Chair who one would have expected to liaise with the wider club hierarchy etc so unless you are intimately aware of the line of command I am not sure how any conclusions can be drawn from the statement of an irate ex employee (was he an employee, is it a full time paid post?).

Talking of Twitter, there does seem to be quite the lack of dismayed tweets from the players about the guys departure?  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:23:00 »

I don't see what the issue is. New management effectively took over the women's team and wanted to do something different, would it not have been worse if the first conversation they had was "hey guys can't wait to work with you" and then they got told they weren't being kept on? Think people are being influenced by the current state of things not being great.

…seems odd to do it with 4 games left of the season - where the team are going to have a decent finish.

I’d have thought you let them see out the season then tell them you wish to move in another direction and wish them well in their future endeavours
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:23:42 »

Whoop another thing of rumour and conjecture to beat the regime with.

Before everyone gets too over excited its worth remembering that there are two sides to every story and at this stage only on has ben heard. IIRC the womens side has/had a DoF and their own Chair who one would have expected to liaise with the wider club hierarchy etc so unless you are intimately aware of the line of command I am not sure how any conclusions can be drawn from the statement of an irate ex employee (was he an employee, is it a full time paid post?).

Talking of Twitter, there does seem to be quite the lack of dismayed tweets from the players about the guys departure?   

Voluntary from my understanding…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:25:36 »

I also thought as they play on Sundays and it’s Easter this week maybe they didn’t have a game and that gives a two week gap but according to the fixture list they have a game Sunday with absolutely no coaching staff…

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:36:21 »

My point is simply why has the club, which is struggling to manage even its most basic functions, taken on the extra workload of the women's team now? Fine to set up a target of fully integrating them in X number of years, but seems a baffling decision that only plays to the sort of people who hector on Twitter and genuinely believe that the Lionesses would beat the England men's team.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:47:03 »

Get em on for the last ten minutes.
DMC

« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:47:45 »

My point is simply why has the club, which is struggling to manage even its most basic functions, taken on the extra workload of the women's team now? Fine to set up a target of fully integrating them in X number of years, but seems a baffling decision that only plays to the sort of people who hector on Twitter and genuinely believe that the Lionesses would beat the England men's team.
They did it last year this isn't a new thing. They obviously have a plan in mind, club has a huge list of things it can be hit with a stick with but not sure this really is one
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:51:33 »

They did it last year this isn't a new thing. They obviously have a plan in mind, club has a huge list of things it can be hit with a stick with but not sure this really is one

They did it this season: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/september/swindon-town-women-to-be-integrated-into-swindon-town-football-club/

Apologies, aware this is the wrong thread for this discussion!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 17:56:30 »

Lampard going back to Chelsea as interim head coach
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 18:02:25 »

Morris dancing?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 18:10:57 »

Lampard going back to Chelsea as interim head coach

Wins them the champions league😀

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 18:11:55 »

Morris dancing?
Hopefully to significant cash from Chelsea

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 18:14:07 »

Where as I’m the opposite. I think this really is something to question the club about because the large majority, if not all the facts are there in black & white unlike a lot of the other things around the club that are very grey.

Women’s team got integrated with the men’s team.
Little to no budget / resources.
Coaching team purely volunteers.
Team by all accounts (results & league table) having a good season.
Four games left to go in aforementioned season.
First interaction with the club (Angus) results into two volunteers being ‘sacked’

Consider the previous two years the club have had: Garner pre good end of season run, Lindsey pre being poached and Morris with 1 win in 11 - it’s mad to think that Lally is the first manager they’ve sacked.

…now they might have something really big / amazing lined up but why would you implement that in a season that has 4 games left? Only really makes sense if you were in say danger of a relegation and were banking on a new manager bounce or something & if the club does have something big / amazing lined up would it have been worth keeping Lally & co on for a transition period and / or kept them at the club just in a different capacity for continuity….or just doing it in the summer after the season has finished?

I have only Lally’s social media + one conversation with someone close to the set up but they had a two year plan and have pretty much hit their target for year one. The only manager to do so this season I’d argue & yet the one that’s been given the chop.

Where is the logic behind any of that? Seriously.

I have no doubt it’s far from the club or fans biggest concern (I’m sure most couldn’t care less) but it’s a lot more fact orientated than the other stuff with regards to directors / Karachi / player recruitment / spreadsheets / Morris etc

Just feels like another poorly timed, poorly made odd decision by someone who could have well just flipped a coin.

Of course I could be eating humble pie in a few days (…or closer to 6 weeks) or there could have been a player revolt or something. Lost the dressing room blah blah blah.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 12:01:02 »

Mick McCarthy gone from Blackpool.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 12:17:50 »

It does make me smile seeing how well Luke Williams is doing for himself after he was shafted by Power but credit where it's due he's bounced back against all the odds.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: