Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216251 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 19:43:19 »

Potter to Leicester i reckon.
Nagelsmann to Chelsea.

Tottenham can have Sherwood
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 08:46:23 »

Potters decision is strange timing as they are still in the champions league and stuck in mid table so not threatening the top four or bottom three.

I suspect the Nagelsmann situation may have accelerated their decision making a little.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 15:52:38 »

I suspect the Nagelsmann situation may have accelerated their decision making a little.

Good shout

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 16:58:08 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/club-statement-club-parts-company-with-james-lally/?fbclid=IwAR3TDYQAS-8tg53m72gcjrjLBhmJHgovCcb5UlC631QLkV5jsj-ZLXd2M8Y

STFC sack the Women's Team Manager. I only mention this because the quotes on this are from Rob Angus - I hadn't quite realised the integration of the women's side extended this far I don't think.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 17:35:44 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/club-statement-club-parts-company-with-james-lally/?fbclid=IwAR3TDYQAS-8tg53m72gcjrjLBhmJHgovCcb5UlC631QLkV5jsj-ZLXd2M8Y

STFC sack the Women's Team Manager. I only mention this because the quotes on this are from Rob Angus - I hadn't quite realised the integration of the women's side extended this far I don't think.

Very strange decision. James and KP have done a tremendous job this season and in the 4 years they've been involved with the women's side. They've had no contact from the club since it took on the women's team, until today when told about their sacking. Poor really. #stwfc
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 17:37:56 »

I can't think of a better use of Rob Angus' time than this. The club apparatus is humming like a finely tuned Rolls Royce, so I for one am delighted that he's spending his time searching for a new manager for the women's team.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 17:50:16 »

I can't think of a better use of Rob Angus' time than this. The club apparatus is humming like a finely tuned Rolls Royce, so I for one am delighted that he's spending his time searching for a new manager for the women's team.

Well, the good news on that front is that STFC managerial searches are famously smooth and deliver the right result in no time at all Wink

Seriously though, the statement reads rather like they have someone else they want to do the job. Sideways move for Jody, perhaps?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 17:53:51 »

Didn't the women's team play at the CG at the weekend (I may have imagined that), can't believe the manager got in and out plus oversaw a game without anyone from the club speaking to him....

A job for Sandro??
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 17:54:26 »

Everyone on Twitter seems to have become an expert on the ins and outs of the women’s team which is interesting.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 17:58:10 »

The club have fallen into the trap of largely playing to Twitter these days. A mistake in my eyes.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 18:16:08 »

My understanding is that the women’s team is yet another thing Clem has taken advice on, from people with their own motives associated to the club.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 19:46:53 »

I was at the women’s game on Sunday (and the previous one at the CG)

On both occasions I’ve found it a little odd how quiet the management team were in the dugout.
One of the ‘highlights’ if you will of attending reserve team and youth fixtures at the CG was that it was quiet enough that you could hear the ‘talk’ from the players and staff. An insight not really possible at first team games.

That’s not to say shouting, ranting and raving on the sidelines is the only way to manager or being quiet and calm means he’s not doing an effective a job as a manager.

Sunday he had a big coat on and his hood up and to be honest without the information available on the internet I’d have had no clue who was who out of three staff.

Again, that’s not me having a definitive opinion on the whole thing because I’ve seen very little - just pointing out something that really jumped out to me on both occasions.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 19:51:12 »

Everyone on Twitter seems to have become an expert on the ins and outs of the women’s team which is interesting.

…in fairness, all I’ve seen on social under this article is people being disappointed it wasn’t Sandro or suggesting Sandro should be next.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 19:59:48 »

I’ve got no idea on STFC women, nor any idea on women’s football.

But what I do know is, it’s fucking rancid that finding out they are no longer in the job was the first time they’ve had any correspondence from Club management. Thought we were merging? Reeks of box ticking this merging stuff. How the fuck can you merge and not correspond with the management of said team? 😂 another episode in the day to day circus of running stfc.

Like someone’s already alluded to above, I really hope it’s not “jobs for the boys” and we see another “associate” of the regime magically turn up. 

* 0248297F-459A-47AB-A386-62F20A55374B.jpeg (185.82 KB, 828x571 - viewed 152 times.)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 09:06:34 »

I don't see what the issue is. New management effectively took over the women's team and wanted to do something different, would it not have been worse if the first conversation they had was "hey guys can't wait to work with you" and then they got told they weren't being kept on? Think people are being influenced by the current state of things not being great.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: