Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66843 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 20:56:03 »

Then got suspended for allegations of bullying

Proven or just allegations?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 21:27:44 »

No idea
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:14:25 »

Proven or just allegations?
Nothing came of it, not that that makes it untrue.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:36:15 »

how many coaches have we got now? I've lost track
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:44:01 »

Lindsay (Manager), Day (Assistant), Gunning (Coach), Mildenhall (GK Coach), Laraman (Helping) is the first team coaching staff I think.

I'm not going to get remotely exercised over who is and isn't collecting cones, but it does feel a little like Lindsay prefers people like himself who have been around the lower leagues and have an er... more "motivational" rather than tactical approach. May be totally wrong on that, but it doesn't feel like a coaching staff bringing a range of skills to the table so much as a group of similar people.
DMC

« Reply #515 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:35:23 »

Lindsay (Manager), Day (Assistant), Gunning (Coach), Mildenhall (GK Coach), Laraman (Helping) is the first team coaching staff I think.

I'm not going to get remotely exercised over who is and isn't collecting cones, but it does feel a little like Lindsay prefers people like himself who have been around the lower leagues and have an er... more "motivational" rather than tactical approach. May be totally wrong on that, but it doesn't feel like a coaching staff bringing a range of skills to the table so much as a group of similar people.
I urge you to go and sit at one of the evenings and listen to him talk. You couldn't be furteher from the truth,he explained in great detail last time each of their roles and it is a lot more than motivational
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:39:39 »

I urge you to go and sit at one of the evenings and listen to him talk. You couldn't be furteher from the truth,he explained in great detail last time each of their roles and it is a lot more than motivational

Sounds positive. On matchdays it does seem a lot more shouting than in-game tactical changes at the moment, but maybe those will come with time and maturity of the side.
DMC

« Reply #517 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:48:54 »

Sounds positive. On matchdays it does seem a lot more shouting than in-game tactical changes at the moment, but maybe those will come with time and maturity of the side.
I was exactly the same so asked them and he explained it this way.

He stands out front instructing as he see the game
Gunning will come out and instruct when defensive shape is off or player isn't tracking back
Mildenhall is in charge of set pieces
Day i found most interesting, he won't do anything for the first 5-10 mins as he is in charge of watching opposition team shape and will come out and let lindsay know of any shape changes

I thought the exact same thing as you originally but when he explained i watched the next game in the dug out and it went exactly like that
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 12:58:31 »

Nearly as many as Barnes 
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 13:52:24 »

It has been noticeable how Day, Gunning, Mildenhall are all more reserved now, picking and choosing their moments with Lindsay leading out in front.

There was a home game earlier in the season where they were all out barking their heads off and it was ineffective/embarrassing.

Looks like they are settling into their roles now.

However, tactically we still haven't worked out how to un-isolate the striker. Too many games when Wakeling previously and now Jephcott are fighting for scraps as they have no-one to consistently link up with. I had hoped that Wakeling going out wide might get that balance better but it hasn't at all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:24:56 »

wakeling often plays deep in his wide
wide role.

it's helping the midfield, but not jephcott it wakeling himself
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:45:50 »

shall i be the first to say it out loud. wakeling pre contract > post contract. did we unnecessarily jump in to quickly? time will tell i suppose
DMC

« Reply #522 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:50:48 »

shall i be the first to say it out loud. wakeling pre contract > post contract. did we unnecessarily jump in to quickly? time will tell i suppose
I think sometimes we need to take a step back and see it for what it is. He is a young lad in his first pro season as a footballer. For context he has only played 100 minutes more football than Harry Parsons. It was definitely worth the deal imo and he will prove worthwhile in the long run i am sure
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 18:00:58 »

There was a home game earlier in the season where they were all out barking their heads off and it was ineffective/embarrassing.

there was also the big geezer who didn't look like they belonged in the professional sport
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 18:09:37 »

Nothing came of it, not that that makes it untrue.

Or true.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: