Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66885 times)
DMC

« Reply #480 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:35:22 »

Post match

Cheers Jimmy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:36:28 »

👍👍

So, give no fucks
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 20:43:18 »

It's almost as if 3 games in was too early to judge
I wonder if people are starting to trust the data...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 20:47:11 »

I wonder if people are starting to trust the data...

I’ve gone completely knee jerk the other way.

I’m worried about the length of the contracts. We need to get these boys signed up for longer…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 20:52:26 »

I wonder why wakeling wasn't offered a two year contract

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #485 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 20:57:40 »

He will have a new contract soon. Never worth a 2-year deal based on what we knew
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 20:58:42 »

He will have a new contract soon. Never worth a 2-year deal based on what we knew

At least 3 years please…
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 20:59:55 »

From what i have been told and don't shoot the messenger is that SL has a say but does get presented with a pool of players selected for him, if the club offered him 4 rbs though and he did not want one then they wouldn't sign them. Shade and Harries were both Garner signings  
They would say that though to be fair.  Not me guv, the last guy was shite
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 21:03:30 »

I wonder why wakeling wasn't offered a two year contract

Evidently Grimsby were chasing him and pulled out as they thought he was not strong enough.
Need to extend his terms.

Loved it today as Grimsby were starting to turn the screw against our 10.
Wakeling broke away on his own his shot turned over for a corner.
He gave the clenched fist to the Swindon fans who responded.

Looked really effective in a 3. That was such a positive takeaway today.
The Haddock and Chips mind the best bar none 😂
DMC

« Reply #489 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 21:04:09 »

Can't see why they would lie tbh. Makes sense too, Shade knew he was coming here before the end of the season and Harries was signed by Garner at Rovers
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 09:01:52 »

So it's been 10 games and I think now is a decent time to judge.
Aside from a couple of blips the team is improving week on week and it's clear to see a great team spirit evolving.

9 league games undefeated is not to be sniffed at. Players are looking more comfortable and a definite style is taking shape.

Well done Scott on basically gelling a team from scratch. Here's to a great season ahead

I'm very much in the same boat/camp as you Mex. I won't pretend that the first few games this season weren't a particularly good watch but with every match there were signs of us moving in the right direction and at Donny (yes they were pants but I think we got it spot on that day) I thought we put together a really cohesive and solid 90 minutes. We've built on that with a very good win at Grimsby and really only look like going one way up the league. The squad and manager now look hungry to get out of this division, fair play to them.

October is a great barometer of where we can get to this season. We have (on paper) tough matches against Northampton, Bradford and Mansfield, an i've no idea what to expect really at Stevenage and what you might call gimmes at home to Newport, Colchester and Hartlepool.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 10:10:24 »

Got to say Gillingham tested my 'wait a bit longer before judging' resolve.

3 wins in a row, 1 league loss. brilliant (though Sutton wasn't as convincing as other 2).

big test coming up from Northampton. obviously. But it is just one game and we have more to come I'm sure. We'll have to see if legs can cope with 2 games in a week (Gladders). is Williams back, he should be fresh
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #492 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 10:27:10 »

Got to say Gillingham tested my 'wait a bit longer before judging' resolve.
It did me until the Monday after I watched the extended highlights and we actually created far more chances that it seemed while watching it, we came up against a keeper playing the best game of his life and hit the post etc....

If even 1 of those chances had gone in then it would entirely have changed how bad it felt at the time.

We had 23 shots that day and 4 were on target, we hit the post, the Williams miss from 6 yards, the FBT header saved so well by the keeper, the 2 excellent saves by the keeper from Shades long rage efforts, the flick by Jephcott from 3 yards that could have gone anywhere but went over the bar.

It was just at the time it seemed like we created very little but that blatantly wasn't the case looking back at it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 11:16:20 »

From what i have been told and don't shoot the messenger is that SL has a say but does get presented with a pool of players selected for him, if the club offered him 4 rbs though and he did not want one then they wouldn't sign them. Shade and Harries were both Garner signings   
That's not really 'news'. Both he and Sandro said that at the beginning of the season.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 11:39:33 »

It's almost as if 3 games in was too early to judge
just put a tenner each way on us,  still 33/1 at Skybet and 365, down to 20/1 with paddy power, someone know something we don’t ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: