Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66883 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:38:12 »

Would cost a bomb to get him and Luke Williams now

Hats off to Williams who wasn't ready at the time for management, got stitched up by Power & Sherwood and has come back as a stronger person.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:59:18 »

Think some credit should go to Sandro re player recruitment. Quite a few of the new signings look good who can develop further. Hopefully we'll be able to extend Wakeling's contract.

Clayton needs signing to a long term contract too.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:03:25 »

Williams was a shit manager. Fact.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:04:48 »

Not so shit at the moment.

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #469 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:07:53 »

It's almost as if 3 games in was too early to judge
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:08:43 »

Was. He was shit. I’m forever scarred and canna change me mind.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:19:16 »

Anybody who watched those lads run their bollocks off today surely has to acknowledge that he has built a close knit squad of players,who will put themselves on the line for each other. With ability as well

I couldn’t go, however, based on your comment that has to be what we’ve all been looking for. The fly in the ointment is doing that at home regularly and with aplomb to persuade the homies who rarely or never venture out of the SN postcode to watch the town play.

Last seasons love Clem fest save the town fest resulted in a WTF season that oh so nearly scooped the jackpot. A complete rebuild (a familiar & tired annual event under Pee Lower) and an at the time an uninspired managerial appointment against the backdrop of Garners ‘surprising’ success against the odds, with recruitment of hitherto unknown players.

Need to smack Northampton hard next week and grab three more points against a team who will be shoulder to shoulder with us at the top end of the table.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:20:25 »

I'm not disagreeing, he was poor during his time here but now he's doing a good job a few years on.

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:32:25 »

A friend of mine is a Charlton fan, and he’s asked if we can take Garner back.

I’ve politely decided:D
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:03:50 »

He deserves a lot of credit and has seemingly turned things round from a limp start.

There were red flags with the appointment process, the players lost and the 3 at the back formation in every game of preseason and the first games where it just looked awful. Garner cost us autos with his refusal to adapt at home and changed it just in time to scrape playoffs. Lindsey appeared as stubborn but did change and with the lack of preseason with 4 at the back we seemingly did need those games to get into gear.

We hopefully now have.

Patience is so hard in football. Even more so in an awful league and expectation
DMC

« Reply #475 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:07:41 »

A friend of mine is a Charlton fan, and he’s asked if we can take Garner back.

I’ve politely decided:D
Interesting to see that Garner the other day was on record as saying it has been hugely frustrating that in the last 3 jobs he has had he has not had a penny to spend. Could have spent a bit this summer if he had stayed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:09:51 »

Interesting to see that Garner the other day was on record as saying it has been hugely frustrating that in the last 3 jobs he has had he has not had a penny to spend. Could have spent a bit this summer if he had stayed

Would he have been allowed to spend it? …or would the club have spent it for him?

I guess it comes back to the age old question of who has what say in our recruitment
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:12:10 »

Post match

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #478 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:12:59 »

From what i have been told and don't shoot the messenger is that SL has a say but does get presented with a pool of players selected for him, if the club offered him 4 rbs though and he did not want one then they wouldn't sign them. Shade and Harries were both Garner signings  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:17:40 »

From what i have been told and don't shoot the messenger is that SL has a say but does get presented with a pool of players selected for him, if the club offered him 4 rbs though and he did not want one then they wouldn't sign them. Shade and Harries were both Garner signings   

Interesting that seen as Harries has probably been the weakest signing so far (admittedly that opinion is based on not a lot of football played)

Shade will probably do ok once he’s got a settled position within the team
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: