Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66881 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:37:10 »

Quote from: Quagmire
Would  have counted for both Scott’s too.

are we really saying we have employed a manager that is only here because we couldn't agree a fee with Charlton?

I'm going with my own version of events, which is  he was always on the shortlist and hedged his bets with Charlton.

I don't necessarily believe myself
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:38:55 »

I had a dark thought.

I still can’t quite get my head around the departures from the CG. We were very close to promotion this year and an extra shove this season would, in all probability, get us up.

Why leave? Chorley, why? Garner, why? The 2 Scotts (wanted to), why?

A promotion on your CV gets credit in the bank when it comes to future jobs. Embargo lifted, extra budget, club on the up, crowds massively increased. Bumming around at Charlton with a few extra quid? Really?

What if there’s something hurtling down the road that gave everybody the heeby jeebies?

What if there’s an FA points deduction coming?

Wellens fucked off when he got wind of what was happening
Please find something to occupy your free time, I'm starting to worry about you.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:39:53 »

I suppose the most baffling thing is why Charlton wanted Garner. Unable to get promoted with probably the most talented team in the league.

When they were after the Exeter fella, I could understand it - and the FGR manager being poached.

But Garner?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:44:20 »

Please find something to occupy your free time, I'm starting to worry about you.

Sent from my CLT-L09

He's retired living on a beach in Greece probably reading this forum sitting in the sun whilst sipping a cold beer, I think it's fair that browsing this forum during that time is probably what most of us are likely to do when we get there?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:46:34 »

Problem is, Bob, people have short memories.

When a few of us on here started posting what we believed to be worries about Power we got shouted down, despite piles of evidence he was dodgy as fuck from the beginning.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:49:15 »

I suppose the most baffling thing is why Charlton wanted Garner. Unable to get promoted with probably the most talented team in the league.

When they were after the Exeter fella, I could understand it - and the FGR manager being poached.

But Garner?

I really struggle to see the most talented team in the league. We had a very good midfield and that was about it.

Not a prolific striker, and even worse after January. Defence was poor and keepers were decent. It was nowhere near our team under Wellens.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:55:35 »

He's retired living on a beach in Greece probably reading this forum sitting in the sun whilst sipping a cold beer, I think it's fair that browsing this forum during that time is probably what most of us are likely to do when we get there?
Sure browse the forum, great, but cooking up theories of points deductions because a Londoner took a job in London at a bigger club in a higher division? Literally what good does that do you? Seems like a pointless(!) exercise and just generally bad for one's health.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:56:52 »

I really struggle to see the most talented team in the league. We had a very good midfield and that was about it.

Not a prolific striker, and even worse after January. Defence was poor and keepers were decent. It was nowhere near our team under Wellens.
It’s a myth, much like the ‘we had a top three quality squad’ line which was being peddled by a few on Twitter when Garner left - we went through the season with only one senior striker ffs!

It was a brilliantly assembled side in the circumstances of last summers shit show - but we fell short for a reason.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:57:42 »

Sure browse the forum, great, but cooking up theories of points deductions because a Londoner took a job in London at a bigger club in a higher division? Literally what good does that do you? Seems like a pointless(!) exercise and just generally bad for one's health.

Sent from my CLT-L09
See my above point re Power. Are you saying there is no chance of a points deduction when the FA finally decide.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:59:37 »

Problem is, Bob, people have short memories.

When a few of us on here started posting what we believed to be worries about Power we got shouted down, despite piles of evidence he was dodgy as fuck from the beginning.

Yeah I hear ya Aud. I tend to be quite a trustworthy person and I was caught out by Power also. The fact that there are still some 'shady' characters in the background but Power of course has been replaced by Clem is of concern.

The club have done loads right under Clem, don't get me wrong, the Advisory Board, working with the Trust etc (Who don't seem to be 'hard' enough to ask the tough questions) things on the face of it seem very rosey. But some of the stuff is just plain odd. (the Zav Austin/Pakistan thing just seems weird)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:07:06 »

See my above point re Power. Are you saying there is no chance of a points deduction when the FA finally decide.
Maybe there is, maybe there isn't but what are either of us going to be able to do about it?
I dunno, perhaps I just don't care as much any more. Even after the whole orange hat era and having Fitton and Co come in.. That managed to go tits up and now getting a seemingly sound bloke like Clem in but it's tarnished with all this Zav/Karachi shit..

I don't even know what my point is really any more. Just don't worry about it I guess.. It's bound to go to shit again at some point. Not that I think it's imminent but then I didn't open my eyes fully to Power until it was far too late.

Hey if you're kicking it Greece, sod even thinking about points deductions!

Sent from my CLT-L09

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:12:07 »

This is pretty much my position. The next shit storm is never far away with STFC and there's fuck all we can do about it. I'm not going to waste energy fretting about it, all you can do is go with the flow...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:15:32 »

Not worth spending any energy on worrying about things that might be, until we know they are, and are able to do something about it.

Life is so much simpler when you focus on what you do know and what you are able to affect.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:19:00 »

This is pretty much my position. The next shit storm is never far away with STFC and there's fuck all we can do about it. I'm not going to waste energy fretting about it, all you can do is go with the flow...

Same here.
Sick to death of the club to be honest but still travelling every game.
I’ve allowed myself to get caught up in the off field issues once again and vowed I wouldn’t. Just want to support this club without another shit storm to have to consider.

Last season I started to enjoy it again.
Equally the “we are lucky to have a club” ship has sailed now and the free hit season is over.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:19:48 »

Not worth spending any energy on worrying about things that might be, until we know they are, and are able to do something about it.

Life is so much simpler when you focus on what you do know and what you are able to affect.

As always the voice of reason.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: