Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141301 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 13:00:18 »

How does page 14 work with regards to the RAG ratings etc? There are 7 fan queries that have no comments/actions next to them with a RAG of Green even though it looks like there is no clarification or details on next steps to close out the fan queries?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 13:00:53 »

so the judge allowed substitution and away we go again

We're allowed 5 this season so this bloody court case could drag!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 13:05:08 »

so the judge allowed substitution and away we go again

Few other snippets;

2:18pm
But one thing to note from the hearing: Simon Hunter, who represents Centreplate, mentioned that his clients had not had enough time to respond to Swindon Town's letter disputing the debt.

When Judge Baister adjourned the case, Mr Hunter said: "If it should be the case that my clients don't want to go any further, they can pull it without any bother."

Able 'probably out of time' on appeal

Another interesting line from the short hearing was that the lawyer for Able acknowledge he was "probably out of time" to appeal a judge's decision to dismiss his winding-up petition.

Last month, Swindon Town had successfully argued that a winding-up petition was not suitable for this dispute, which related to a £100,000 'loan'.

Adam Deacock, representing Able, had requested permission to appeal Deputy Insolvency Judge Stephen Baister's decision, which was granted.

"You gave me permission to appeal," he acknowledge in today's hearing.

"And I haven't so far but we are probably out of time for doing so."

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 13:13:18 »

is that code for he opened the door for appeal as matter of course but the client, who is in no way linked to power in any way, has been unresponsive so he's giving up.

way to go not power/curran
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 13:19:57 »

• Sometimes in the past there has been certain items discussed in the AB that it wasn’t clear were sensitive or confidential that have been released by fans groups into the
public domain which the club were unhappy about. Its key that it is clear what is confidential and what can be released into the public domain post AB meetings.

Be interesting to know examples of this. Not unreasonable for sensitive matters to be kept private, but would be good to understand what kind of areas count as ‘sensitive’

Things get better but they never get good
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #395 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 17:00:05 »

I must have missed it, what is the debt with Mercedes, is it Jeds motors?

I know I am a grumpy sod but in the big scheme of things, what is this obsession about building a statue?

Mercedes debt is from power ownership era not jeds
The statue is a wonderful thing that celebrates the outstanding players like Don R and John T. I get not everyone will want it/apreciate but in a poll of trust members it was overwhelmingly approved and celebrated aa a positive step 😀
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #396 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 17:10:22 »

• Sometimes in the past there has been certain items discussed in the AB that it wasn’t clear were sensitive or confidential that have been released by fans groups into the
public domain which the club were unhappy about. Its key that it is clear what is confidential and what can be released into the public domain post AB meetings.

Be interesting to know examples of this. Not unreasonable for sensitive matters to be kept private, but would be good to understand what kind of areas count as ‘sensitive’
Certain promotional marketing campaigns for new shirts being launched on certain days which were designed to be a surprise which were discussed outside AB withiut knowing the club were keen to make this a surprise was primary example.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 07:55:33 »

The statue is a wonderful thing that celebrates the outstanding players like Don R and John T. I get not everyone will want it/apreciate but in a poll of trust members it was overwhelmingly approved and celebrated aa a positive step 😀

Out of interest, how much does a statue cost Jan?

I completely understand the need to celebrate our past and the previous great players we have had, but wonder if the money spent on statues could have been used to properly fix the PA system in the DRS, or the toilet facilities around the ground which are on the 'to do' list.

Fuck me this negative stuff is contagious!  No
« Last Edit: Friday, September 23, 2022, 08:00:24 by Bob's Orange » Logged

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 08:09:49 »

I completely understand the need to celebrate our past and the previous great players we have had, but wonder if the money spent on statues could have been used to properly fix the PA system in the DRS, or the toilet facilities around the ground which are on the 'to do' list.

I don't think its negative, just seems to be a rather strange thing to be so high up the to do list, especially considering I suspect there is every possibility the thing would have to be shifted once ground redevelopment starts anyway.

TBH if said leakers are so desperate to be ITK to people and cannot identify what is likley to be commercially sensitive information for themselves they are probably not best qualified to be attending these meetings anyway.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 08:11:03 »

Can we have a statue like the Ronaldo one?  Smiley
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:04:09 »

The club is not spending anything on the statues and it is a different pot of money to the repairs.    The club have said many times that they won't spend much money on such things until the ground ownership is resolved.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #401 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:20:00 »

The club is not spending anything on the statues and it is a different pot of money to the repairs.    The club have said many times that they won't spend much money on such things until the ground ownership is resolved.

100% correct this is outside money not from the club
statues cost anything from 30-100k depending on size, quality etc etc
Also the statues will be placed in areas where ground development wont impact them, so they wont need to be moved etc so they are a perm fixture
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:20:44 »

Out of interest, what was the wording of the question?? Was statues chosen from a list of options, or was it ‘we want to build a statue do you think it’s a good idea??’

Fairly ambivalent to them myself - not going to get up in arms about it and appreciate many will like it, but at the same time can’t shake the feeling the money could be better spent elsewhere

Things get better but they never get good
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #403 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:27:52 »

I don't think its negative, just seems to be a rather strange thing to be so high up the to do list, especially considering I suspect there is every possibility the thing would have to be shifted once ground redevelopment starts anyway.

TBH if said leakers are so desperate to be ITK to people and cannot identify what is likley to be commercially sensitive information for themselves they are probably not best qualified to be attending these meetings anyway.

Its not about desperation to provide this information at all. There are some things that the club haven't communicated or may have been lost in comms that fans aren't aware about so the fans groups are encouraged to make sure this information is openly communicated or reaffirmed with fans, its all about fan engagement and transparency for fans. A lot of fans don't read minutes of AB or miss facts so if the fans groups can reinforce those communications then it makes fans more aware and informed. Its all about effective fan engagement and openness which is important. Its certainly not about who can leak juicy facts the quickest as thats not what the AB is about. There is huge amount of work that goes into the work for the AB from the fans groups that fans done always see and we have to remember that fans groups members have full time jobs and they do this for the love of the club and to make things better for fans on and off the pitch, including being open and ensuring fans are well informed.

People attend the AB to to ensure fans are in the know on facts and things going on in the club and its not seen as a mass scramble to be the first to get this sensitive important out to the fans, its trying to he informative to fans so they feel they are more part of the club and informed compared to the radio silence from past ownerships of the club. But as I said sometimes its not obviously that maybe the club were wanting to keep something private so as no to ruin the impact or surprise of say marketing initiatives for shirts etc. Its all a learning experience.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:32:52 »

Out of interest, what was the wording of the question?? Was statues chosen from a list of options, or was it ‘we want to build a statue do you think it’s a good idea??’

Fairly ambivalent to them myself - not going to get up in arms about it and appreciate many will like it, but at the same time can’t shake the feeling the money could be better spent elsewhere

From memory it was more certain than that, do you want to allocate funds and proceed type question, but can't be arsed to look it up.    Did you take the opportunity to vote on it when the trust asked the question to its members?  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: