Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141281 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 20:56:45 »

so power *didn't* buy the debentures from black?

one assumes Clem taking control of the club didn't trigger then
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #241 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 21:13:04 »

Not sure how that's relevant. Power may be gone but Clem, Austin, Curran, Standing, Hart, Karachi FC etc all still exist
Well yes, that's a different point to what i was answering though isn't it. You mentioned they were close to Power, they were and fell out. That's right isn't it?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #242 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 21:15:51 »

And at the risk of thinking i am sticking up for them i really am not there are a shit load of questions that i think need clearing up
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 21:35:22 »

Like everyone else I would prefer to think everything is all roses and ice creams. However, the specific details I have heard suggest I think the club is about to head down a very dark path. I caveat that I cannot verify any of these because I am far too removed from their origins, but they are so specific and keep adding up.

The problem the fanbase have, if this is correct, is it's very hard to turn on the ownership due to the cognitive dissonance of a year of believing "we've got our club back".  

However, if results go turn south then fans will turn a more critical eye to the off pitch. Power did a credible job of at least pretending he cared about results - appointing Sherwood, Brown, Flitcroft, Wellens might not all have worked out great but they all had a level of credibility. Appointing Sandro and Scott is at best extremely underwhelming, but more realistically a signal of the club's lack of interest on the on field results.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 23:29:18 »

Find it quite interesting how understanding people are when it is the supporters club. If it was the Trust tonight not answering the question they would be battered

Or certain Pods when they do ask the questions..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 23:32:17 »

Like everyone else I would prefer to think everything is all roses and ice creams. However, the specific details I have heard suggest I think the club is about to head down a very dark path. I caveat that I cannot verify any of these because I am far too removed from their origins, but they are so specific and keep adding up.

The problem the fanbase have, if this is correct, is it's very hard to turn on the ownership due to the cognitive dissonance of a year of believing "we've got our club back".  

However, if results go turn south then fans will turn a more critical eye to the off pitch. Power did a credible job of at least pretending he cared about results - appointing Sherwood, Brown, Flitcroft, Wellens might not all have worked out great but they all had a level of credibility. Appointing Sandro and Scott is at best extremely underwhelming, but more realistically a signal of the club's lack of interest on the on field results.

Are you going to share with us, or just post a cryptic statement with no details that suggest something dodgy is going on?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 06:00:59 »

The problem is it's easy to make allegations and start rumours, twitter is an echo chamber so these rumours get spread many times and then get quoted as 'fact' when the physical evidence just isn't there.

I've no idea if there is dodgy stuff going on but we do know that the legacy issues were always going to take a few years to deal with, the legal unknowns and covenant being the most difficult of them - so they need to be given that time.

Despite also being underwhelmed by managerial set up I still find it hard to believe that Clem doesn't want to win games.  

If Clem sold today he'd break even at best, if we get into championship then he would make a few million.

In addition if we are top of league 1 or in the championship we are far more likely to sell on players to prem clubs.   There are very few, million pound plus signings from league 2.

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 06:37:07 »

so power *didn't* buy the debentures from black?

one assumes Clem taking control of the club didn't trigger then

Legally Black owns them, whether he had a gentleman's agreement with someone else who knows and impossible to find out as relies on him to tell you.   Not sure I'd want one for £2m especially if the purchaser.

Also not seen legal docs on the covenant so can't answer 2nd point.   
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 06:38:46 »

Or certain Pods when they do ask the questions..
The club have acknowledged the questions now so i think we will either see a statement or questions at the advisory board. I was speaking to Rich yesterday and he raised a valid point that people like us are sat in the middle of this and hear these complaints and concerns from fans but when you narrow it down it is a very small minority asking the questions  so it would be easy for the club to sweep it under the carpet. 15 or so posters on here and a 100 or so on twitter is a very small percentage of the fanbase

They are genuine concerns though and hope the club answer them soon, still feel no matter what they say here though people will not be happy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 07:01:37 »

"won't be happy"

Karachi  - depends who is paying

standing  - expect them to say he's not involved

Austin - doubt they will say "yeah he is a bit dodgy", more 'his post prevented him from obtaining EFL additional to sit on the board. he's paid his dues for previous, and is trusted by clem'.
--------
at least the standing position and Karachi will be on record.

I think you are right, the Austin thing will rumble on but it is what it is. If he were suddenly to be come an investor or take control of a portion of the club alarm bells would ring again
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 08:14:38 »

The club have acknowledged the questions now so i think we will either see a statement or questions at the advisory board. I was speaking to Rich yesterday and he raised a valid point that people like us are sat in the middle of this and hear these complaints and concerns from fans but when you narrow it down it is a very small minority asking the questions  so it would be easy for the club to sweep it under the carpet. 15 or so posters on here and a 100 or so on twitter is a very small percentage of the fanbase

They are genuine concerns though and hope the club answer them soon, still feel no matter what they say here though people will not be happy.

Agreed in the main, I am not one of those asking for those answers although interested in the response, i am more interested in seeing whether the trust will be realigning their position with the answers that we get rather than the actual answers themselves.  The actions of a few representing the trust when those pertanent questions came out made me question where their allegiences lay.

The reality is we probably won't know until the ground purchase is done.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 09:54:24 »

Agreed in the main, I am not one of those asking for those answers although interested in the response, i am more interested in seeing whether the trust will be realigning their position with the answers that we get rather than the actual answers themselves.  The actions of a few representing the trust when those pertanent questions came out made me question where their allegiences lay.

The reality is we probably won't know until the ground purchase is done.
I know what you mean, i think one got carried away tbh that's all. In the main the trust have been great
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 10:08:12 »

In the main the trust have been great

They did massive amounts of work getting Clem in. And things are hugely better than when Power was here.

Even just being able to ask questions ( other than "ya know Shawwwwn").

Its easy to give the impression that isn't welcome/appreciated.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 11:41:37 »

Legally Black owns them, whether he had a gentleman's agreement with someone else who knows and impossible to find out as relies on him to tell you.   Not sure I'd want one for £2m especially if the purchaser.

Also not seen legal docs on the covenant so can't answer 2nd point.   

I thought it had been rumoured that Power had leant the club the money to pay them off, so the club would have to pay him (plus interest on the loans) rather than Black (interest free)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 11:46:12 »

No, I appreciate the trust big time for what they have done, but being a paying up member of the trust I would expect them to be my voice rather than tell me what the club wants me to hear.  Hopefully that will be more of their stance moving forward.

They have been too close to the club and hopefully they will adjust their stance on that.  Knowing who has been turned down for jobs at the club and posting that information on twitter proves that, if if you do delete it quickly after.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: