Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141244 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 13:15:05 »

What about the TEF World Cup Stunners Group?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 13:54:50 »

Referring back to earlier posts, I do hope there is no genuine antipathy towards the (perfectly reasonable, measured) observations on the LS pod about the Trust’s governance and interaction with the club. I say that having been an orange hat / back of Arkells Diamandis basher, and Trust member. We’re very lucky to have the LS pod. Rich has always let the guests (fans, players, former players) take centre stage, just as a good commentator only speaks when they’re adding something. If the intention is for the club to engage with these channels, don’t go and exclude one just because they’ve put up a fair challenge. That constructive feedback should be welcomed.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 17, 2022, 14:01:12 by Frigby Daser » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 14:07:21 »

What about the TEF World Cup Stunners Group?

Another fun past time ruined by the joyless modern society. RIP.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 14:31:05 »

Referring back to earlier posts, I do hope there is no genuine antipathy towards the (perfectly reasonable, measured) observations on the LS pod about the Trust’s governance and interaction with the club. I say that having been an orange hat / back of Arkells Diamandis basher, and Trust member. We’re very lucky to have the LS pod. Rich has always let the guests (fans, players, former players) take centre stage, just as a good commentator only speaks when they’re adding something. If the intention is for the club to engage with these channels, don’t go and exclude one just because they’ve put up a fair challenge. That constructive feedback should be welcomed.
It sounds like noone is going to be excluded and it will soon have to be held in legends lounge.

Any media outlet can request interviews and ask questions directly, they are there primarily to entertain and are accountable to no-one.   The trust and OSC have hundreds of members some of whom will listen to the pods but I suspect the majority don't.

I'm not sure that the the AB was ever intended to be a press conference type of forum or a free for all, do we really want it to turn into question time?
« Last Edit: Friday, June 17, 2022, 14:52:22 by Pookemon » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 15:16:06 »

It sounds like noone is going to be excluded and it will soon have to be held in legends lounge.

Any media outlet can request interviews and ask questions directly, they are there primarily to entertain and are accountable to no-one.   The trust and OSC have hundreds of members some of whom will listen to the pods but I suspect the majority don't.

I'm not sure that the the AB was ever intended to be a press conference type of forum or a free for all, do we really want it to turn into question time?

Agreed, it is odd why they want to invite random fans just because they do a podcast type thing on twitter (not knocking LS as Rich has been doing it a long time and they are decent), the tom broadbent one for e.g. is fairly new, certain subjects and answers will surely have to be held back due to confidentiality.

Isn't that JayBox fella the one that used to brag about being in touch with Clem years ago before the takeover (and it turned out he used to message him on linked in) ?

Let's all go and start a twitter group and get invited along, maybe the mods from TEF can be invited as well to represent the TEF.

To me it takes away what the advisory board is supposed to be about and belittles it's existence slightly, be interesting to hear the Trust take on it as they ok'd it.

Maybe the bigger sponsors can add something as chances are they are high up in their business, or will it be inviting Bill the cleaner as well (no offence meant) because he is a lifetime fan can afford sponsorship.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 16:54:49 »

Not the club, no..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, June 17, 2022, 18:37:33 »

none the wiser here then.

Never going to ask any questions that might risk harming the cushy little relationship!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 10:37:23 »

Why are Lee Power, Taylor Curran etc on that thank you plaque the club has put up?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 10:38:59 »

seriously?

I mean did they have season tickets they didn't claim back? I guess testing everyone the same if so, but a bit odd to say the least
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 10:48:47 »

seriously?

I mean did they have season tickets they didn't claim back? I guess testing everyone the same if so, but a bit odd to say the least
Yep they are on there, seen for myself. See it as a bit of a joke personally!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 11:16:30 »

Why are Lee Power, Taylor Curran etc on that thank you plaque the club has put up?
seriously?

Don't panic chaps. It was reported earlier that it's a different Lee Power. I think it was mentioned at the Trust AGM or a Supporters' Club Monday night panel.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 11:20:30 by Private Fraser » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 11:35:47 »

Don't panic chaps. It was reported earlier that it's a different Lee Power. I think it was mentioned at the Trust AGM or a Supporters' Club Monday night panel.
There can’t be another Taylor Curran…

Standing in on there as well.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 11:38:41 by theakston2k » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 12:16:53 »

Where is the plaque located ??

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 12:26:54 »

Where is the plaque located ??
Townend wall next to the centre gate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, June 18, 2022, 15:17:41 »

given it a bit of time to digest

I've no problem with Jay the person, seems a heart in the right place type and also be likes BBQ food so he can't be bad.

But I'm not  sure putting someone who is friends with Clem, or at least in contact with him is really adding to the objectivity of the board.

interesting he's been rebranded away from the great Western reds too.

I guess I consider the AB fun part information and cooperation, and part holding club to account. the latter isn't really very strong.

sponsors, yeah I guess they may add to commercials side of things but again it's this AB business.

I guess at least it's better in many ways to the power era.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: