Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 143635 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, October 27, 2022, 17:35:24 »

A flask generally requires a financial outlay to purchase so is less likely to be discarded by popping to the bogs, topping up with water, putting the lid on and launching at the opposition fans/ ref/ annoying twat further up the stand who keeps shouting FORWAAAAAAARD!

Civic Type R man? He's an interesting character, I alluded to him in the Colchester MDT as I had the (mis)fortune of sitting behind him. (of course if it's the same fella)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 10:23:30 »

The club said at the Q&A that it was a rule given to them by the health and safety

When does it ever? Covid restrictions were a fantastic example of making up shite as you go.

Health and Safety is not a 'thing' which has gone mad, despite what the Daily Mail is desperate to tell you.

Ultimately I would imagine that someone will have done a risk assessment which will have noted that a full bottle of water can be used as a fairly handy missile should someone to choose to use it and thus would also provide an opportunity for anyone hit by such an object sold by the club in such a state to then sue the club for negligence, thus the clubs public liability insurers will probably be asking for such a policy to be adopted to reduce litigation risk.

In the main such rules are not caused by 'H&S' and instead wholly by the habit of human beings to sue at any opportunity to gain a few quid, often these being the same people who maon incessantly that bloody H&S has gone maaaad.

Not aimed at any posters, just a bug bear of mine having been involved in assessing claims against various public organisations over the years and realising that a) people will sue for just about anything despite what a clueless prick it will make them look like and b) unless paperwork and policies are in place liability is normally proven. Not helped by the fact that many places who self insure do not bother contesting claims <£4k as the staff time costs more than the settlement, and the no win no fee solicitors know this!

P.S Be interesting (not really) to see how this is all affected now more and more drinks are being flogged in bottles where the lid stays attached to prevent  littering, more paperwork for someone.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 02:09:25 »

...of a threat to safety than the latte?

Do better with your wordplay next time Bob  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #468 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 10:56:47 »

Post this weeks AB and both Trust and OSC feedback around the U16 policy and alternative options given fans feedback on this and to improve this and given the improved behavior seen over the last 4-6 weeks the club have now decided to amend the policy and align more to other Lg2 clubs policy on young fans attending games. https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/club-update-on-young-fans-attending-sn1/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 12:56:07 »

Post this weeks AB and both Trust and OSC feedback around the U16 policy and alternative options given fans feedback on this and to improve this and given the improved behavior seen over the last 4-6 weeks the club have now decided to amend the policy and align more to other Lg2 clubs policy on young fans attending games. https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/club-update-on-young-fans-attending-sn1/

13/14/15 year olds don't carry ID, how on earth are they going to police this?

Remember Brentford refused me entry at 15 pay on the gate and I had no ID and only enough money left for a concession ticket. Think they caved eventually and let me in as the game was kicking off.

To be fair, I did look about 23 and was about 6 beers deep.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 13:02:29 »

It’s what most other clubs do, isn’t it? Gives stewards a bit more discretion to root out the clear trouble makers.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 13:24:20 »

So was it the under 16's who were specifically doing the vandalism then?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 14:05:31 »

Bloody kids
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 15:31:43 »

Got it wrong to start with, but a good exercise in getting it right and evidence of the AB and trust/osc participation

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, November 14, 2022, 09:13:21 »

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this but this thread kind of seems the right place.

For the Colchester and Tranmere games, our tickets which we have downloaded on our phone haven't worked. For Colchester we showed our tickets to the girl who let us in but on Saturday after the scanner returned a 'check ticket' type message we showed it to the girl who after some time said we are entering the wrong stand!! She let us in but are there still issues with scanners? Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, November 14, 2022, 09:44:45 »

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this but this thread kind of seems the right place.

For the Colchester and Tranmere games, our tickets which we have downloaded on our phone haven't worked. For Colchester we showed our tickets to the girl who let us in but on Saturday after the scanner returned a 'check ticket' type message we showed it to the girl who after some time said we are entering the wrong stand!! She let us in but are there still issues with scanners? Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

I don't know the system they use at the CG, but from frustrated experience with the system that Northern Rail use at stations it could be as simple as turning up the brightness on your phone screen, I had a right palaver on Saturday afternoon trying to get through the barriers at Manchester Ox Rd (no doubt with a queue behind me wondering what the twat at the front was doing) only solved when I turned my phone up and it worked fine after that.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, November 14, 2022, 09:52:01 »

I don't know the system they use at the CG, but from frustrated experience with the system that Northern Rail use at stations it could be as simple as turning up the brightness on your phone screen, I had a right palaver on Saturday afternoon trying to get through the barriers at Manchester Ox Rd (no doubt with a queue behind me wondering what the twat at the front was doing) only solved when I turned my phone up and it worked fine after that.

Cheers Horlock but I don't think there is an issue with the brightness. In fact, when I open up the ticket the brightness automatically increases so I am pretty sure it's not that. The scanner seemed to scan the ticket as it came up with the 'check ticket' message. No idea if it's relevant but I buy an adult and an OAP ticket but I 100% made sure I had the adult, and my dad had the OAP ticket.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, November 14, 2022, 12:54:35 »

Were they the same seats both times?

Are they being stored into a "wallet" on your phone, or are you just using the PDF bar code?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, November 14, 2022, 13:23:40 »

Cheers Horlock but I don't think there is an issue with the brightness. In fact, when I open up the ticket the brightness automatically increases so I am pretty sure it's not that. The scanner seemed to scan the ticket as it came up with the 'check ticket' message. No idea if it's relevant but I buy an adult and an OAP ticket but I 100% made sure I had the adult, and my dad had the OAP ticket.

Probably worth contacting the ticket office.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, November 14, 2022, 13:24:25 »

Seen in the news a Kaiser Chiefs gig was having issue with tickets disappearing and people now being able to get in.

Digital tickets are fucking shit.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: