Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63214 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:24:40 »

Oh I nearly forgot to mention the officials who weren't as bad as they were last game but you have to question how much protection players are allowed. If I were Garner I'd be taking photos of certain players legs and ankles after every game to send to the FA as proof the officials are missing nasty challenges.

Been fucking shit all season mind and it's not like the FA will take any away from sitting in front of a monitor in the VAR dungeon for the prem so we might just have to get used to it in leagues 1/2. Hmmm IMHO all elite refs should have to do X lower league games a year to retain elite status. If you're good enough for Liverpool Vs man city, you're good enough for Walsall Vs barrow.

No police or steward presence stopping the home fans from flooding the pitch. Piss poor management from all involved. (no I do not expect a minimum wage steward to do anything, but there should be enough on hand to back up the police who should be there knowing the home fans flooding onto the pitch was the most likely outcome either way.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:29:29 »

Fucking vermin scum! A large number of their fans didn’t give a shit about their own team and was more interested in running straight for the away end, full bottles, pyro, coins you name it being launched in to the away end, saw elderly and kids being hit. Fucking scum. Even before the game I feared for our players on the pitch had it been invaded. Vale show their true colours, can not wait to play them next season.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:40:29 »

Never looked like scoring tonight. No excuse for missing the target in a shootout either. But…

…what a season. From nothing, to the cusp of promotion. I can’t wait for next season with a proper preseason and improved squad. Proud of the lot of them.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:53:28 »

https://twitter.com/TotalSportSwin/status/1527406083140100096?s=20&t=gYm1gmlnwY1Ki1-vWcSJcw

Bit of footage after the game. Looks grim! Dishusting behaviour from the vale fans
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 22:53:54 »

…what a season. From nothing, to the cusp of promotion. I can’t wait for next season with a proper preseason and improved squad. Proud of the lot of them.

100% mate.  100%.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 23:08:52 »

When was the last time we followed up a play off defeat with a better season the following year?
We have no idea who will stay and who will go.

There is no gradual build in lower league football anymore. The chances of keeping this squad together and added the missing pieces is slim.

Could be (another) total rebuild.

Even if they all go Chorley and whoever else involved managed to put together a more than competitive squad in a matter of days. We should have faith in recruitment to be be able to do the same if not better over a much longer period of time.

Tonight is shit but i'm excited to see what moves we make over the next 10 weeks.

We have enough pull in this league to be looking at the best of what's available for League 2.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 23:27:28 »

I am absolutely gutted. Fans tonight were absolutely fantastic. Bounce back next year but that’s going to take a while to process
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 23:28:38 »

I am absolutely gutted. Fans tonight were absolutely fantastic. Bounce back next year but that’s going to take a while to process
Sounded brilliant especially second half and extra time. Did the club proud.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 23:43:58 »

Yep you guys there tonight sounded superb. Sleep it off, forgive the penalty takers and get ready. It's preseason soon.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 00:03:39 »

Made it home, just seen all the news about players being attacked, got out of the ground sharpish as was obvious what would happen.

Ultimately we just weren’t good enough lack of squad depth and being 2 or 3 players short in key positions cost us. Still think the loss of Simpson was the massive one though, for all his effort Davison lack of instinct and ability to control a ball has been costly especially in these last 2 games.

Need some steel in the team next year to supplement the ball players, when you are bringing on Gladwin to solidify things you know you are short.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 00:05:01 »

just back . Gutted.

Vale should have been 3 up if you ignore the poor officiating (handball, offside). Grew into it but in all honesty never looked like scoring.

I was going to write about one player being the difference (in the wrong way) but now's not the time. so I deleted it.

such a good opportunity wasted.

I await the inevitable break up of the squad and see what we get next year
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 00:10:52 »

Quote from: theakston2k

Need some steel in the team next year to supplement the ball players, when you are bringing on Gladwin to solidify things you know you are short.

and a fucking striker that can trap a ball, and heads a 1 on 1 cross instead of trying to fucking chest it
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 00:15:30 »

and a fucking striker that can trap a ball, and heads a 1 on 1 cross instead of trying to fucking chest it
He’s so shit and no amount of effort will convince me otherwise. We can’t possibly even be contemplating spending money on him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 00:16:16 »

I'm leaving further comment on him for a couple of days I think
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 00:48:25 »

The 2 minnow clubs in the final. Shame. Wembley might see a 20k final.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: