Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62475 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:44:37 »

Unfortunately this is exactly my thoughts too.

Not only that but holding onto a lead has never been our strong point.
I’d have been infinitely more confident if the first leg had finished 2-0.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 08:59:21 »

Depends how we approach it. Try to sit back and we'll lose. Get an early goal, like we did at Walsall, who knows. Vale have lost 4 in the last 5 games. We have won 5. Let's do em. Our team won't be intimidated by a 12k crowd  Grin
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:00:17 »

I’m feeling really nervous. I want to believe but I’m also convinced we are going to concede  within the first 15 minutes and Vale will be really pushing us back in the first half. However, we love a counterattack. Fuck I hate this, just beat them please.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:05:18 »

I’m convinced we’ll concede early and go onto lose the game.

Too much crap about attendances and style of football - two things in football that count for exactly fuck all once the whistle blows and the game starts.

Certain sections of our support have spent the last couple of weeks digging a massive grave and I can’t help but think karma will mean we will all have to lie in that grave later on tonight….
Haven’t they been doing exactly the same? So karma works both ways…
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:07:01 »

Pre match conner bate a game a nogger, youth! in The Wheatsheaf.
Well, here we are again somewhere between Birmingham & Manchester.
A couple in here to settle the nerves then head off to Hanley.
One or two decent ale houses there along with a sense of time standing still for a moment when a stranger crosses the threshold.

Have the same pre Harrogate feeling that Barry might do good things tonight & could also be some Welsh wizardry in the air as well.

Might be best to approach the game as a one off and just forget about the slim advantage?
As we know the best team over the 2 legs doesn't always make it through.
Not playing well & progressing still works.

Our respective movements through the divisions always seem to be separated by a season or two.
So wouldn't begrudge them winning L2 by 15 points next season if it means we are in L1.

So, the 45 min walk back to the hotel along the aptly named Waterloo Road after the game will either fly by or seem like an interminable slot.

I'll leave the final word to Lemmy.
"Only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud.
So good I can't believe it, screaming with the crowd."

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:07:55 »

I’m convinced we’ll concede early and go onto lose the game.

Too much crap about attendances and style of football - two things in football that count for exactly fuck all once the whistle blows and the game starts.

Certain sections of our support have spent the last couple of weeks digging a massive grave and I can’t help but think karma will mean we will all have to lie in that grave later on tonight….

Totally with you on most of that, but it's done now so c'est la vie. The only thing that matters tonight is that they don't score more than us over 90/120/pens.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:11:55 »

Vale fans got their panties in a twist again about our ‘arrogance’. Quoting Conroy saying we’re better footballers than them, don’t  need to use elbows etc.

Personally, I think confidence is a good thing. Doesn’t always turn out well, but you can’t go into a game thinking you’re going to get beat.

My thoughts are polar opposite to yours. I can understand why he's said what he has said. Get under the skin of the Vale players and they play without control. However one of Dion's problems earlier in the season was over confidence where he would make silly gaffs and he needs to be properly concentrated over the course of the game. I really really hope his comments don't come back to bite him in the arse. Personally i'd rather he said something bland and vanilla but if the gamesmanship works, then fantastic.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:21:45 »

Haven’t they been doing exactly the same? So karma works both ways…

Yeah but they don’t support Swindon
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:25:11 »

Hoping to bump into some reds at Stafford Services later if time allows. Starting to get a little bit excited now, clock watching already. A couple of work calls should kill a bit of time to 4 ish.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:26:00 »

My thoughts are polar opposite to yours. I can understand why he's said what he has said. Get under the skin of the Vale players and they play without control. However one of Dion's problems earlier in the season was over confidence where he would make silly gaffs and he needs to be properly concentrated over the course of the game. I really really hope his comments don't come back to bite him in the arse. Personally i'd rather he said something bland and vanilla but if the gamesmanship works, then fantastic.
But we aren’t going to win or lose on the basis of what Conroy said. If he makes a gaff he’ll still have made that gaff irrespective. As I said earlier, I’m sure a lot of Garner’s man management is telling them they are, indeed, better than the opposition. Too much bland, cliched crap spouted.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:27:12 »

Hoping to bump into some reds at Stafford Services later if time allows. Starting to get a little bit excited now, clock watching already. A couple of work calls should kill a bit of time to 4 ish.
It’s a long drag for me - KO here is 9.45pm. I’m off for some early beers and a bit of nosh to pass the time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:30:31 »

But we aren’t going to win or lose on the basis of what Conroy said. If he makes a gaff he’ll still have made that gaff irrespective. As I said earlier, I’m sure a lot of Garner’s man management is telling them they are, indeed, better than the opposition. Too much bland, cliched crap spouted.

I disagree to an extent. I think he has now put more pressure on himself than he needs to.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:31:03 »

It’s a long drag for me - KO here is 9.45pm. I’m off for some early beers and a bit of nosh to pass the time.

Don't fall asleep and miss the game!!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:31:32 »

May be for the best that!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, May 19, 2022, 09:34:02 »

May be for the best that!

Yeah I understand that thinking! Wake up in a haze looking for flights and Wembley tickets Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: