Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 58336 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 09:33:15 »

Listened to the post match phone in on Radio Stoke (BBC Sounds) yesterday. Vale fans trying to sound confident but struggling to convince themselves really.
They are terrified of our nippy, mobile, attacking qualities up against their lumbering neanderthals. They have only had one good result in the last month or so.
Of course they could still edge this but we should be in with a decent chance now.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 09:33:56 »

League 2 division footprint for the season.

https://experimental361.com/2022/05/16/league-2-table-footprints-2021-22/

Interestingly only Swindon and FGR have stayed in the top half of the table all season, every other team have fallen lower during the entire 46 game season.

Its an omen I tells ya!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:16:54 »

Don’t know why, but the first thing I thought when I saw this pic of where Town fans will be housed at VP is Selhurst Park

* B89D3BC0-2F22-4F99-9405-3F7299261CD5.jpeg (217.32 KB, 1089x725 - viewed 228 times.)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:37:23 »

Some early thoughts from Vale fans.

There was quite clearly more than 1,659 Vale there. We sold more on the first day of sales. Absolutely no chance another 600 could fit in there. Definitely looked more like 1.9 to 2k on TV.

Have they Swindon sold there allocation if so can someone take the roof off and if not raining use a hosepipe and there lot be drenched like we were today .
Not bitter just think you should have some of your own medicine .

Impetus is with the Vale pulling the deficit back to a single goal, so go on to put the game to bed without extra time and penalties.

They were nothing special today. Yes the probably deserved a one goal lead but that's about it. So my dream for Thursday is Mckirdy scoring a late own goal to send us to Wembley. That would make me so happy

Hopefully little mardarse Jonny dives in his own area and knocks the ball into his own net.
Then McTurdys 525th spit goes into the keepers eye and Wilson taps it in
2-0 game over

It will be a completely different game Thursday, today we had 1600 fans in an away end with no roof so crap acoustics, also they were soaked to the skin so not very enthusiastic, Thursday there will be around 11/12000 so a 12th man for sure.

Swindon didn’t look all that good to me, but obviously McKirdy is dangerous, as well as being quite annoying.

I came out that ground thinking can do them 4-2 on Thursday

I think we’ll do it. Their players and fans will get a huge shock by the noise. They aren’t noisy even at home.

Swindon were crying out for the final whistle today, lets not do ourselves down we were hurting them late on.

I think the arrogance of Swindle beggars belief.
Sticking out fans in an uncovered shitehole of a stadium with broken seats and 10 portaloos. Is this acceptable? No
Then there's the after match interviews. Again...full of arrogance.
Swindle think they've beaten us already.
However I look forward to their millions of fans travelling on a Thursday night. And the one turnstile open. And the one kiosk. And the one set of toilets.
On the pitch? We need to give everything as it's the last home game of the season.
Off the pitch? Irrespective of the team selection we also need to give everything as it's the last home game of the season.
We're still in the tie and there's no reason why we can't win

We should have brought someone, who we can afford to have suspended and told them to make sure Mckirdy isnt fit for the second leg.

Hopefully being behind will work in our favour and we will be on the front foot from the off. We need that early goal to put the tie level and hopefully we can get the job done with the crowd behind us and we can keep the back door shut.

One stat that dosnt make good reading though is that we have only managed 2 home wins against teams in the top 11 this season, that was mansfield and sutton and Swindons away record is fantastic. We do though tend have more success against teams who come to attack like mansfield so reasons to stay positive and hoping for a 3-1 vale win.

Wonder if sky will have a more favourable pundits toward the Vale , went the match yesterday and seeing some of the post match coverage it was very biased towards Swindon!!

Swindon have sold out and want more tickets.

****ing whistle Swindle.

If they use the sprinkler machine before kick off they should turn it on the bycars and soak the feckers , now you know how we felt

We’re a better side than these. 3-0

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:51:56 »

Don’t know why, but the first thing I thought when I saw this pic of where Town fans will be housed at VP is Selhurst Park

That's not the stand we will be in. Their fans will be in that end and we'll be in the opposite stand, the Bycars.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:54:08 »

"Swindon didn't look that got to me"

kind of agree, we can play much better
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:55:20 »

They're like Northern rovers fans  Cheesy
We didn't play up to our usual level and still won. Pint
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:56:29 »

Definitely not. Vale's gameplan stopped us from having too much possession but unlike earlier in the season we were able to at least create opportunities by mixing it up and using Davison's presence and Mckirdy and Barry's running into the flanks rather than just pointlessly passing it endlessly across the backline.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:57:25 »

Whatever happened to Northern hospitality?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:59:03 »

Reg would love this #BurslemFC
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 10:59:42 »

They think that just because they didnt play well that we always play like that.

News story...

We can play a lot better than that, yet, we still won!

That was probably our poorest performance since Orient or Newport and very unlike us of late.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:01:45 »

Some early thoughts from Vale fans.

I had nothing in particular against PV (the other one  Wink ) before the game, but the mix of the neolithic, the embittered, the precious and the downright delusional has put me right off them.

You don't get to be hard northern bastards and whine about the state of other people's shitholes too. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:04:38 »

"Not bitter just think you should have some of your own medicine ."

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:07:28 »

What's the weather forecast for Thursday night in Stoke? A balmy late evening sunset 15C would suit our game nicely thanks. And serve them right.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:08:51 »

Sky Sports have now confirmed that VAR will be used in All 3 upcoming play off finals.

If we get there of course.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: