Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 60104 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:15:30 »

Who was the poster who was increasingly ennobled as we kept winning games, was that you SR or someone else?

Could’ve been Sir Suggs, although I did take us up from League Two and received no more than a pint in the Merlin.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:16:37 »

A league two title with Di canio after I took great care to start MDTs after getting in at 3am from the SU, and it’s all been forgotten.

Ah yes, you was a fantastic warm up act.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:17:15 »

Being stripped of my knighthood was the ultimate humiliation.

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:18:48 »

Being stripped of my knighthood was the ultimate humiliation.

We needed consistency. I steadied the ship through turbulent waters.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:22:47 »

King of Tonga (Mex). Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:42:33 »

Burslem has some wonderful architecture and Victorian Parks. Both of which are in close proximity to the football ground. Triple Screw brewed by the Titanic Brewery is/was one of my all time favourite Real Ales. Can one of the experts amongst you tell me what year the Towns game was called off about an hour before kick off due to a frozen pitch. There was no snow/frost the night before so was in my view called off for other reasons. I also remember so many Town fans staying in the Vine pub for hours afterwards drinking Archers Ale kindly put on for visiting fans.

I think that there has been more than one late call off v Port Vale.
Remember getting the news once just as the train was leaving Stafford.  Angry
A couple of beers & breakfast in Stoke then about face.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:12:57 »

It seems Port Vale are struggling to sell tickets

Posted 24 minutes ago
Just checked the online situation as my daughter wants a ticket and as it stands it looks as though we heading for about 8k max.

You cannot check the hamil but it would appear with the technical issues most season ticket holders have jumped in there.

Looks load more seats left than a normal game?

Posted 8 minutes ago
  47 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:
8k Vale for this would be shocking. Truly embarrassing. Oh well. I'll be in the Hamil End making as much noise as possible
I think we will do well sell 7,000 home tickets by the looks of it. Pretty poor effort if this is the case for a huge huge game.

So, give no fucks
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:40:42 »

Hi all,
Wishful thinking, I know, but just checking on the off chance that anyone has a spare Port Vale ticket going? Was awaiting general sale, but seems we are far too good for that as a fanbase.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:44:47 »

Hi all,
Wishful thinking, I know, but just checking on the off chance that anyone has a spare Port Vale ticket going? Was awaiting general sale, but seems we are far too good for that as a fanbase.

You just missed one that was posted on here earlier. Suggest keeping a regular eye on here and twitter.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:45:53 »

Burslem has some wonderful architecture and Victorian Parks. Both of which are in close proximity to the football ground. Triple Screw brewed by the Titanic Brewery is/was one of my all time favourite Real Ales. Can one of the experts amongst you tell me what year the Towns game was called off about an hour before kick off due to a frozen pitch. There was no snow/frost the night before so was in my view called off for other reasons. I also remember so many Town fans staying in the Vine pub for hours afterwards drinking Archers Ale kindly put on for visiting fans.

i cant remember the year but lets say naughties. i ended up watching west brom as it was the nearest ground we could get to at such late notice. was a farce cancellation- sun was beaming down on the pitch lovely.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:54:13 »

Remember it well. Pitch was rock solid.
A few pints and off down the M6 for a McDonalds. Not the driver that day.

Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:59:58 »

You just missed one that was posted on here earlier. Suggest keeping a regular eye on here and twitter.
Ffs, my bad. Cheers, will do!
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 16:09:48 »

I think that there has been more than one late call off v Port Vale.
Remember getting the news once just as the train was leaving Stafford.  Angry
A couple of beers & breakfast in Stoke then about face.
Didn’t realise we had two different games called off. The one I can remember was I think 2004.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 16:14:13 »

i cant remember the year but lets say naughties. i ended up watching west brom as it was the nearest ground we could get to at such late notice. was a farce cancellation- sun was beaming down on the pitch lovely.
Yep that was the one, glorious weather that day.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 17:09:25 »

Didn’t realise we had two different games called off. The one I can remember was I think 2004.

The one I'm thinking of was early 2016. Waterlogged.
Don't think that their pitch holds water very well at least not back then.
The rearranged game featured Balmy & Rodgers in midfield with Doughty in defence. We lost.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: