Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Kit?  (Read 40502 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 11:56:36 »

I thought the tender was full of coal?

Coal and water, hence why a tank engine has a bunker!

[Reg]Wrong colour, too, if we're going GWR[End Reg]

Not on the away shirt  Wink Wink
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:02:35 »

Brought two mini kits for the girls. Never understood how the Kids sizes are so close in price to the adults.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:04:07 »

https://www.stfcdirect.com/2223-kit/2223-home-away-kit/

White shorts and red socks with black trim

Nice kits overall. Wish they went with a tiny bit of red on the away kit similar to the GWR kit it was supposedly based on though.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:13:45 »

Are you looking to be in the squad Bernie?

Well, I am open to it..  at least I could play the part of scapegoat to relieve at least one squad player having to deal with it Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:16:49 »

https://www.stfcdirect.com/2223-kit/2223-home-away-kit/

White shorts and red socks with black trim

Thanks, so just straightforward plain white and black shorts then, shame - i like a pair of shorts with something different.  I loved the 93/94 shorts, wore them to death at the time.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #245 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:18:08 »

Not at all. Drum up interest, but manage expectations doing it.
Why should they just for You? Go down that shop now and there has been a queue to get in since 12pm.... They've done just fine it seems
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:18:24 »

Thanks, so just straightforward plain white and black shorts then, shame - i like a pair of shorts with something different.  I loved the 93/94 shorts, wore them to death at the time.

Did they have an inner lining which has now perished?
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:27:05 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:24:32 »

Why should they just for You? Go down that shop now and there has been a queue to get in since 12pm.... They've done just fine it seems

Because the kits are nice. They sell themselves.

I'm hardly the only one baffled by them hinting at a Premier League remake when its fuck all like it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #248 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:25:41 »

Because the kits are nice. They sell themselves.

I'm hardly the only one baffled by them hinting at a Premier League remake when its fuck all like it.
Key word chalky was Woven, surely
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:26:21 »

Key word chalky was Woven, surely

Its not even red and white though 😂
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:27:20 »

didn't really explain the white kit. what's woven in that?

to be clear I don't really give a fuck, it's only a shirt, but I'm in an argumentative mood
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #251 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:31:46 »

My point is more that Chalky wants them to do it all a little bit low key as he got his hopes up. It's selling out quickly and the shop is packed at 12pm on a Thursday, the club shouldn't not do these things because a minority of people don't like it, that was more my point.

I understood the marketing to be that the print was the way we were going, not sure Burmah and the Diamond badge was ever on the cards was it

The white kit is surely just a play on the colours?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:40:48 »

My point is more that Chalky wants them to do it all a little bit low key as he got his hopes up. It's selling out quickly and the shop is packed at 12pm on a Thursday, the club shouldn't not do these things because a minority of people don't like it, that was more my point.

I understood the marketing to be that the print was the way we were going, not sure Burmah and the Diamond badge was ever on the cards was it

The white kit is surely just a play on the colours?

I can see both points. At no point did the club say they were making an exact replica and you’d have been foolish to think they would. No chance we’d be using sponsors from nearly 30 years ago. Makes no sense.

I expected the shirt to have a take on the pattern (as it has done) but would have loved a collar (personal preference) even without a collar it looks ok but not a fan of the black has it isn’t really our colour. If the collar and sleeve trim was white instead of black and red line in middle was green - that would significantly improve it.

Having said i order me and the boy one at 12:00.
Fallen hopeless back into addiction with this club. Cant wait for them to let me down with a shit season or worse yet a great season with a sour ending. Hate STFC…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:41:43 »

Just to add from the hype it got I expected it to resemble the 93-95 kit a bit more than it actually does.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 12:47:12 »

I think you're well aware that was never the expectations, no need to be facetious. Promoting the Premier League kit (red, white, little bit of a green with a collar) to release a v neck black trim kit is fucking stupid and baffled most people who saw the marketing campaign.

It doesn't mean people won't buy the kit, its a nice kit. Its just dumb and confusing to make that your marketing strategy when you're setting peoples expectations somewhere totally different.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: