Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Kit?  (Read 40519 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 18:51:18 »

I liked the away kit with halves in two shades of blue - the McMahon championship season one
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 19:00:15 »

That was black and blue. 1999-2000 was dark blue with light trim.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 19:58:42 »

I’m not very good with colours - I always referred to it as dark navy blue and light blue - happy to defer t9 those whos3 knowledge of colour palettes trumps mine.
I liked the shirt though
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 20:24:23 »

Did I dream this, or in the past have clubs worn their new kits for the playoff finals?

Are we getting a new one for next season? My lad was gutted he couldn't get one this season.

In ‘93, we wore the Loki kit for the first time at Wembley, so the tradition goes back a long way. Spurs had done it two years before then, wearing their new kit when Gazza scythed through Gary Charles. It may have continued, but my childhood brain was much better at picking up those details.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 20:27:35 »

On the train from Birmingham to the Bescot (which was bedlam!) there was a guy wearing that green potato print shirt, but the Burmah sponsor had worn off so the sponsor was only faintly visible. It looked magnificent.

Those shirts (without Burmah) once existed… in the pre season game v Real Socieded game we either hadn’t secured Burmah, or hadn’t printed them up. There is a team photo like it too. I’ve got a green potato print shirt, but a sponsor less one would be quite a find!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 07:55:55 »

I liked the away kit with halves in two shades of blue - the McMahon championship season one

I loved the Inter Milan style away shirt, c.97-98 season, still got it somewhere,can't imagine it would fit sadly.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:06:25 »

I loved the Inter Milan style away shirt, c.97-98 season, still got it somewhere,can't imagine it would fit sadly.

That was the season after. I had the second one as a kid but not the one before. Thankfully have both now on eBay finds. Mizuno made some good kits but some of their materials were hit and miss. The first season ones were better material minus the round neck colar on the home version that itched like a motherfucker. Mark Walkers used to cut his own collar open to deal with it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:19:41 »

Looks like we did two seasons with it http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Kits.asp?Season=1998-1999
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:22:54 »

Have mine and it still fits.
I would have been 14 when I bought it.
Had not worn it since the team wore it but found it out for Iffy’s first game in charge away at Doncaster - it’s in that wonderful picture, so many TEF originals
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:31:38 »

Great photo and looks like a throwback to the early 80's when skinheads were around!

So, give no fucks
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:34:45 »

Those shirts (without Burmah) once existed… in the pre season game v Real Socieded game we either hadn’t secured Burmah, or hadn’t printed them up. There is a team photo like it too. I’ve got a green potato print shirt, but a sponsor less one would be quite a find!

Good knowledge!

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:35:46 »

Looks like we did two seasons with it http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Kits.asp?Season=1998-1999

Yeah, sorry two seasons with each Mizuno kit. Back when kits didn't change every season.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:36:57 »

Have mine and it still fits.
I would have been 14 when I bought it.
Had not worn it since the team wore it but found it out for Iffy’s first game in charge away at Doncaster - it’s in that wonderful picture, so many TEF originals
Any more like that DIV,  love those old pictures,  oh the memories.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:39:03 »

Good knowledge!

Add to the list of teams I didn't realise we'd played. Last time we had something like this at home must have been Sporting de Gijón, who I remember had one fan in the Arkells shouting in Spanish. Was originally supposed to be Espanyol.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=Real_Sporting_de_Gij%F3n

'Supper' Sammy Parkin sang for the first time, or at least the first time I was aware of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 08:39:48 »

Any more like that DIV,  love those old pictures,  oh the memories.

Only one I have like it tbh.
It was in the paper - have the paper copy somewhere. Loved the photo anyway but even more so now after certain events
Whits on Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: