Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Kit?  (Read 40542 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:07:37 »

Did I dream this, or in the past have clubs worn their new kits for the playoff finals?

Are we getting a new one for next season? My lad was gutted he couldn't get one this season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:21:01 »

Teams have done in the past.

In fact up till about 20 years ago a lot of teams (ourselves included) would wear next years home kit on the last game of the season.

Dunno how factually accurate the story is but we wore next season kit on the last day of the 2002-03 season (home to Luton I think) and the players were told not to give their kit away because we couldn’t afford it and any kit they didn’t return would come out their wages. Miglioranzi ended up in his pants!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:25:04 »

Yeah, I do remember us wearing our new kit last game of the season before. Around the time we used to vote on designs, Strikeforce?

If we get to the play off final I just hope we wear red if given the option and not dick about with the kits like we did vs Millwall.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:28:05 »

Yeah, I do remember us wearing our new kit last game of the season before. Around the time we used to vote on designs, Strikeforce?

If we get to the play off final I just hope we wear red if given the option and not dick about with the kits like we did vs Millwall.

Yeah, think we went from DGI 02/03 to Strikeforce 03/04.

If we get past Vale, what kit we wear depends on who goes through and who is the home. If it’s Northampton on both accounts we won’t be in Red you’d have thought.

If it’s Mansfield, no excuse
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:28:55 »

I'm kinda peeved I couldn't get a home shirt for this year, let alone next year's kit. Hopefully they offer some at some point, but I don't see that being likely.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:35:04 »

Quote from: Honkytonk
I'm kinda peeved I couldn't get a home shirt for this year, let alone next year's kit. Hopefully they offer some at some point, but I don't see that being likely.

definitely not offering this year's again.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:13:32 »

I think I read somewhere that the promotional pics for next seasons kit have been done already. Could be quite a money spinner of we get to the final and they can get it on sale prior to that?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:25:40 »

I think I read somewhere that the promotional pics for next seasons kit have been done already. Could be quite a money spinner of we get to the final and they can get it on sale prior to that?
They have as said by Berniman, and it includes a 3rd kit too which could be of interest historically to Town fans Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:40:48 »

They have as said by Berniman, and it includes a 3rd kit too which could be of interest historically to Town fans Smiley

It's a potato print green isn't it. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:45:39 »

On the train from Birmingham to the Bescot (which was bedlam!) there was a guy wearing that green potato print shirt, but the Burmah sponsor had worn off so the sponsor was only faintly visible. It looked magnificent.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:50:43 »

Yeah, it's definitely been done, the home kit is due to be announced in the next few weeks, so It could be worn in the last game I guess, depending on where it is, they might make the most of the play off scenario for PR now that they are there - would probably be a case of whether they could get enough kit in time.

What I have heard, the home kit is pretty much as you would expect (i don't know of course, but I wouldn't expect a bespoke kit as last years was) the away kit is not Yellow or Blue but is a design that the younger fan is likely to like and get excited about.  The 3rd kit is one for the old school fans, touches on STFC History and has a Wow factor about it. Make of that what you will..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:52:20 »

PV and I were talking about it and we came down to, either the green potato print or all white for the League cup final kit.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:54:27 »

On the train from Birmingham to the Bescot (which was bedlam!) there was a guy wearing that green potato print shirt, but the Burmah sponsor had worn off so the sponsor was only faintly visible. It looked magnificent.

Was on the same train I think (the 1 45ish)?. Was unreal but never been so hot on a train before, packed in like sardines.

'Seaside Red' makes the potato print bucket hats also, they look class.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 08:54:48 »

the away kit is not Yellow or Blue but is a design that the younger fan is likely to like and get excited about. 

It's not got 'Balenciaga' fucking plastered all over it has it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:00:24 »

Is it going to be incredibly thick and incredibly heavy to wear, especially when wet!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: