Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73256 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:10:29 »

Spot on they can't have both ways and to be fair to Man City they hardly mentioned it.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:13:18 »

we all know the bank is shit.

they wanted extra seats though

Well on a positive note for next season. If we both fail to get promoted, they won’t be in a hurry to moan about tickets again and end up with the bank, they’ll have to settle for the Arkells away section only. If either of us get promoted at the expense of each other then it becomes academic.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:13:56 »

Spot on they can't have both ways and to be fair to Man City they hardly mentioned it.

They actually loved it.
Going back in the vaults of time for them 😂
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:15:45 »

How they've moved on!
If. Vale go up they will have the same problem away at Accrington!
I bet you've seen some shitholes on your travels this season😀

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:40:18 »

Anyone know what Garner said post match?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:43:41 »

How they've moved on!
If. Vale go up they will have the same problem away at Accrington!
I bet you've seen some shitholes on your travels this season😀

Just love the old Grounds and their respective history.
Equally the loyal fans that turn up to support their local teams instead of jumping on the Premiership Sky bandwagon.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:44:46 »

Just love the old Grounds and their respective history.
Equally the loyal fans that turn up to support their local teams instead of jumping on the Premiership Sky bandwagon.

It's nice to see Stockport getting promoted today

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:47:05 »

a sky sports watcher for today. atmosphere came across ok in bits but didnt seem anything like the last fired up home win i saw against forest green.

not sure that we played that well and it was very cagey between both teams for long periods at the start- i didnt ever feel like we were threatened at all though and tbh i was happy for a draw in this game so i didnt feel frustrated or desperate when things weren't happening.

2 fantastic goals and some further good openings and make no mistake it was a deserved win in the end. any vale fan saying they deserved better needs a severe head wobble. they had more of the ball later 2nd half but pressure was expected being 2 down. cant remember any opportunities they created where ward had to pull off a good save. everything was at a distance and the cbs were fantastic. they scored through a deflection.

the good news is we won with the majority playing under par/not being heavily involved. was pleasing to see and can't wait to go on Thursday. I want some Charlton memories but maybe through an easier win.

seen some barry comments- he does quite a lot unnoticed and he is always an option through good movements. he wasnt that involved but as an example if mckirdy had bigger studs and got on the end of that great cross it would have been barrys triangle pass and go that started it. there is a clever player in there. he just isnt doing it consistantly

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:48:12 »

Goals

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:51:54 »

a sky sports watcher for today. atmosphere came across ok in bits but didnt seem anything like the last fired up home win i saw against forest green.

not sure that we played that well and it was very cagey between both teams for long periods at the start- i didnt ever feel like we were threatened at all though and tbh i was happy for a draw in this game so i didnt feel frustrated or desperate when things weren't happening.

2 fantastic goals and some further good openings and make no mistake it was a deserved win in the end. any vale fan saying they deserved better needs a severe head wobble. they had more of the ball later 2nd half but pressure was expected being 2 down. cant remember any opportunities they created where ward had to pull off a good save. everything was at a distance and the cbs were fantastic. they scored through a deflection.

the good news is we won with the majority playing under par/not being heavily involved. was pleasing to see and can't wait to go on Thursday. I want some Charlton memories but maybe through an easier win.

seen some barry comments- he does quite a lot unnoticed and he is always an option through good movements. he wasnt that involved but as an example if mckirdy had bigger studs and got on the end of that great cross it would have been barrys triangle pass and go that started it. there is a clever player in there. he just isnt doing it consistantly

I think many forget how young Barry is and that he's still lightweight and will fill out and get stronger with age. He reminds me of a young Gary Roberts.

So, give no fucks
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 19:29:05 »

Cagey game today where Vale’s tactic was purely just to stop Swindon playing them off the park by kicking lumps out of midfield and asserting authority. Reality is, Vale can’t play football or pass the ball anywhere near as well as us.

I don’t understand why Vale fans get their entitlement from, they are a tinpot club in the shadows of Stoke City. Can’t sell out 2,200 tickets on a Sunday early kick off. I’d be embarrassed if I was them.

Looking forward to Thursday, Vale fans proclaiming XYZ but we all know everything they proclaim they can do, they have failed to achieve so far. Quality will preVALE! COYR!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 19:41:47 »

Oh do grow up vale fans, the bank's shit but it's what your club wanted. 'Premier league riches'? We were in it for a year, and got booted out the year before they introduced stupid money parachute payments. And that was nearly 30 years ago.

Anyway...

Good god that ref was shit. Zero control over the game, left his glasses on his nightstand this morning, zero protection for any of the players on the pitch. Both mckirdy and Williams were the recipients of awful tackles in the first 15m with zero response.shocking. Would like to see how many bruises Williams has in his ankles tomorrow.

Davidson struggled because he was being manhandled the entire game, including one particular incident in the first half where he had one in front, and one behind, both with arms around his neck. Normally you have to pay for that sort of thing. Egbo got sandwiched going for a header in front of the dugout as well in first half and there was zero chance one of the vale players was going to make the ball.

I'm not one to scream blue murder at every foul but there's a duty to protect the players of both teams and the officials failed pretty badly in that. Maybe I'll feel different once I watch the game back.

Game was niggly and bitty because that's what vale came to do and the failure in the officating allowed them to, and few good moments as we didn't have the best day of it. Williams' shot and Davidson's skying of his 1-1 we're our only cast iron chances, but Vale we're worse. They did well at breaking up play and had a 10m spell start of the second half where they were a bit more aggressive going forward, and the last 10m of the game as always it seems with town was squeaky bum time.

The goals, Vales' defending in our first was terrible. Let the top scorer run from his marker, near post defender not awake enough to catch him, and let a tiny little scrawny McKirdy head a goal in from a set piece in front of your travelling support, terrible for them, good for us. McKirdys second was a sublime volley, thumped in with the confidence of a striker having the season of his life. He's going to eat 2 at vale. I can feel it.

Their goal was a bit of a mess tbh, classic loss of concentration, inability to get the ball a meaningful distance away from the box, and a final touch from someone who should probably have been played offside by us, unlucky for ward who had been pretty solid the rest of the game despite still not being wholly convinced by his ability with the ball at his feet. I just don't think he's that kind of player.

Good luck to those of you travelling up for Thursday night, fingers crossed you have a better time than the vale fans must have today. Some moist car rides home on a Sunday afternoon...
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 19:46:02 »

We have a bit of a problem at home. I'm not sure if it's because we have a small pitch or if we just aren't brave enough on the ball. It seems that if you press us high and cut off an easy pass into our midfield 3, we go to the fullback and are then forced to boot it up the pitch. It then becomes Davison against 3 centre halves and their physically superior midfield to pick up the second balls. It becomes scrappy which is exactly what they want.

Of course, with our quality there was still plenty of moments in the game where we bypassed their press and looked dangerous, but in general it wasn't great today. I thought similar to Rovers and Exeter at home, they grew into the game and ended it stronger. Difference this time is we managed to get the second goal.

Hoping we can keep the ball a lot better in the second leg. Bigger pitch, perhaps less pressure not being at home and we can play to our strengths this time instead of being sucked in to their game. Ref didn't help.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 19:46:47 »

Vale fans not happy

57 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
That away end was an absolute disgrace.  They had two kiosks but had only opened one so the queue was massive.  There were no Ladies toilets, just 10 portaloos for a crowd in excess of 1600 - so one loo for every 160 fans.  The lack of a roof for a team who have been in the Premier League riches is ridiculous in this day and age.
To be fair a bit like us they have let parts of the ground go to seed and if we hadn't kicked up a fuss they would not have imagined opening it. When we went down earlier in the season we thought it had been condemned it was in such a state...

Someone was saying that the local residents backing onto the park behind the goal kicked off about a roof on that end.

Ratio of toilets to stand capacity would surely fail a safety certificate. Concrete was crumbling with huge potholes of standing water. Massive slip hazard coming down the steps towards the exit gate. Lucky to regain my footing on the handrail.
Premier League riches? In 1993? What a moron.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 19:54:43 »

I dont think they realise It was in 1993/4 😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: