Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73215 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 14:49:30 »

I really do not see what Barry offers, unfortunately we don’t have anyone else that can come in for him.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:07:17 »

I really do not see what Barry offers, unfortunately we don’t have anyone else that can come in for him.

Very frustrating some games.
Either in it or completely out of it, nothing much in the middle.
Frustrating I agree but he is still an inexperienced kid and as you say not a lot else available.

Let’s just hope Thursday he is right back on it.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:09:04 »

Just back, took 40 mins to get out of St Joe's Car park! Enjoyed that; shame we didn't push on and get 3 (Davison chance) but a win is a win. Score first Thursday and all will be fine. Was impressed with the defence today, and obv. Harry; but thought the midfield were bypassed too often.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:16:05 »

I’m surprised to see the comments from Vale fans that we were decent. We were the better side, but I thought we were quite some way off our recent standard, and maybe that’s credit to them. Two good goals, could have been more with the Davison chance, and the one McKirdy missed by a hair in the second half, that flashed across goal. Our midfield play wasn’t what it has been. Players were struggling to turn, and control ball in the rain. Baudry and Conroy were very good though. Baudry’s resurrection has been great to watch this season. With some more space, as we’ll have on Thursday, and with them coming at us, I’m confident, but there’s a long way to go!
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:30:07 by Frigby Daser » Logged
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:17:31 »

Really?
Led the line superbly. If you didn’t go you would have not seen the running he put in.
Created space, Payne and Barry not at their best but no complaints.
All about Thursday now.
100%
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:18:17 »

I’m surprised to see the comments from Vale fans that we were decent. We were the better side, but I thought we were quite some way off our recent standard, and maybe that’s credit to them. Two good goals, could have been more which the Davison chance, and the one McKirdy missed by a hair in the second half, that flashed across goal. Our midfield play wasn’t what it has been. Players were struggling to turn, and control ball in the rain. Baudry and Conroy were very good though. Baudry’s resurrection has been great to watch this season. With some more space, as we’ll have on Thursday, and with them
coming at us, I’m confident, but there’s a long way to go!

97.4 miles for me Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 15:59:21 »

oh yeah. the ref was absolutely wank.

books someone for kicking the ball away (fair), but ignored multiple fouls of varying degrees of physicality. also thought he missed a foul on mckirdy for their goal, but need to see it again.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 16:06:44 »

books someone for kicking the ball away (fair), but ignored multiple fouls of varying degrees of physicality. also thought he missed a foul on mckirdy for their goal, but need to see it again.
Needs a strong ref Thursday as today it was clear what their game plan will be. Try and smash a few of our players, intimidate us and try to get their crowd behind them that way. It’s a shame such an anti football team made it this far, can tell Flitcroft is there.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 16:12:14 »

The ref needed to book one of their players for their heavy challenges, but decided to book Davison for his first indiscretion.
Thought he controlled the game really badly, including letting PV play on whilst Megbo was down holding his head and only stopping play when we got possession back (fourth official's mic must've been off as it was right in front of him)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 16:20:00 »

Really?
Led the line superbly. If you didn’t go you would have not seen the running he put in.
Created space, Payne and Barry not at their best but no complaints.
All about Thursday now.

Yes, of course he put the yards in he always does. Yes he led the line well but I don’t think he controlled the ball all game. Not his strong point but ultimately it meant the ball kept coming back at us.

Could never and would never accuse him of not putting a shift in but felt his ‘footballing’ was below par. In that second half we desperately needed it to stick up top to get higher up the pitch
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 16:50:29 »

Not read back (but I will).
No great surprise that it all boils down to the second leg.

Be prepared to shit yourselves on Thursday night people, this is going down to the wire.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 16:59:36 »

I thought we deserved to win - and had Davison converted the chance at 2-0 we would have been virtually at Wembley.

Criticism of Davison is harsh - his work rate is phenomenal, he is very good defensively when the opposition have set pieces, and referees give him nothing - this afternoon their centre half was constantly holding him / or having a handful of his shirt - if I can see this from my seat in the Arkells I dint know how the linesman and 4th official who are both closer than me are unable to do so.  I’d like him back here next season but don’t think he will be.

I thought their goal was offside, but now I’ve got home and seen it again, a defender,  I think Odimayo, was playing him on.

Another game with good performances through the team - Ward’s late save could be crucial come Thursday.

A tough game to call on Thursday now - we could even have to sit through penalties.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 17:47:55 »

Yes, of course he put the yards in he always does. Yes he led the line well but I don’t think he controlled the ball all game. Not his strong point but ultimately it meant the ball kept coming back at us.

Could never and would never accuse him of not putting a shift in but felt his ‘footballing’ was below par. In that second half we desperately needed it to stick up top to get higher up the pitch

The only physical player we have up top, was on thin ice picking up that daft yellow first half.
All about opinions though.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:03:55 »

Vale fans not happy

57 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
That away end was an absolute disgrace.  They had two kiosks but had only opened one so the queue was massive.  There were no Ladies toilets, just 10 portaloos for a crowd in excess of 1600 - so one loo for every 160 fans.  The lack of a roof for a team who have been in the Premier League riches is ridiculous in this day and age.
To be fair a bit like us they have let parts of the ground go to seed and if we hadn't kicked up a fuss they would not have imagined opening it. When we went down earlier in the season we thought it had been condemned it was in such a state...

Someone was saying that the local residents backing onto the park behind the goal kicked off about a roof on that end.

Ratio of toilets to stand capacity would surely fail a safety certificate. Concrete was crumbling with huge potholes of standing water. Massive slip hazard coming down the steps towards the exit gate. Lucky to regain my footing on the handrail.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 18:08:04 »

we all know the bank is shit.

they wanted extra seats though
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: