Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73186 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:10:06 »

Thought the only player who was below par was Davison.

We know trapping the ball / brining the ball down / hold up play isn’t his strength but apart from once that was all we gave him.
No lack of endeavour on his part
I thought Barry was the one below par. Their right back had the beating of him every time

Davison played well in the first half. Won lots of freekicks and was a handful for their defence. Second half though, it was a different matter. Didn't put himself about as much, probably because of the yellow. Only thing he had to do was try to score or pass to McKirdy when one on one versus the keeper. He did neither, which is the bad part of Davison.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:11:05 »

Thought the only player who was below par was Davison.

We know trapping the ball / brining the ball down / hold up play isn’t his strength but apart from once that was all we gave him.
No lack of endeavour on his part
We'd be fucked without him,that's for sure

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:18:52 »

We'd be fucked without him,that's for sure

He plays a huge part for our team but his first touch is not good, at all.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:21:01 »

Now there is a fee involved he shouldn’t be in our plans for next season IMO. He’s done his job this season, thank him and move on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:26:49 »

Now there is a fee involved he shouldn’t be in our plans for next season IMO. He’s done his job this season, thank him and move on.

Depends on the fee and what else is about
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:28:18 »

I hope we don't try and defend this lead

We couldn’t if we tried so as Garner said on the radio after, we’re going to PV to win a game we know we can. Sitting back is suicidal.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:28:22 »

Davison can learn a better touch.  But effort can’t be.  So who knows.  Maybe can become a good second to mckirdy. Especially if price is right
adje

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:29:08 »

Sometimes it is,sometimes it isn't that's true but he's played a huge part as you say and I would be happy to have him . First touch is probably the easiest thing to be improved

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:30:40 »

Not read back, hope the medical intervention in the TE went ok with a happy outcome?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:34:26 »

Sometimes it is,sometimes it isn't that's true but he's played a huge part as you say and I would be happy to have him . First touch is probably the easiest thing to be improved

If we do keep the majority of this squad together it makes sense to look for a striker that knows the club/team/formation/tactics and has scored goals.

I wouldn’t be breaking the bank for him and if hypothetically the decision was between spending money him and Simpson - I’d see Simpson as the better option…
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #745 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:46:40 »

Port Vale fans 1st half
We're a disgrace

Get to F*ck vale

This is a really poor showing from the Vale, so disappointing after a good season.

I rest my case on Mcturdy. Good nite vale

Swindon were the best team I have seen at vale this season, it was always going to be tough, then only went a bad run when Lionel Messi Mcturdy was injured a few months go. I think we are in trouble just hope clarke can sort it, not confident though.

What the hell is this performance? Utterly terrible

Swindon have had an off day today and we've buggered it so far.

Would love to have Williams or Payne.

all I want to see is us trying to play football the right way, not this Hoofball.

Mckirdy didn't want to be here. He simply went to us at the time because he fell out with the Carlisle manager and had a reputation. Vale was always going to a short term thing for him

Awful half. We don’t look interested while Swindon are knocking it about with pace and purpose and we are second to everything. We don’t ever look like scoring.

You can have all the sh1tehousery you want but that last minute from McTurdy was pure and simple cheating....how has he not been booked?Huh? And before anybody says it...NO I wouldn't want Vale players doing that.

Looks like we've won a raffle to take part in the playoffs.
How was there only 1 point between the teams?
Swindon look leagues apart here.

Port Vale fans later in the game and post game
Can’t deny it, best team winning…

I think I hate these more than Walsall. But I actually hope if they beat us they win it and go up so we don’t have to play them again next year.

McTurdy and his antics are an absolute disgrace.

Vile diving bunch of <ovf censored>. 2-1 I’ll take that from 2 down. We were poor though

I actually think that losing the first leg by one goal could be the best result. As away goals don't count, they have absolutely no reason to come at us in the second leg. Yes, they may surprise us in that regard, but I'm hopeful.

Well, it could have been much worse… we need to score first on Thursday….he may be a horrible little scrote, but McKirdy knows where the net is

13 shots to their 13, more possession. Wasn't the diabolical performance the usual on here are claiming. I quite enjoyed it personally. Yes, too many players off their A-game, but we more than matched them in any event.

Anyway, Swindon better side first half, we shaded second, one of those games where 1½-1 would have been about the right result.

Performance was abysmal.
Very lucky that ball dropped to us to keep the tie alive.
Huge improvement needed for Thursday.
Swindon have the best away record in League Two

You were watching a different game to the rest of us then. Apart from the last 10 mins we never had control of the game.

Still in the tie, that’s the main thing I guess. Swindon were the better team overall and perhaps it was more likely to finish 3-0 than 2-1.

Anyone who can look at that performance and call it good, I'm amazed. Second best all over the pitch but especially in attack.

Why the hell did we get rid of mckirdy??

Note sure why McKirdy gets so much grief from us. He’s a good player at this level and we didn’t exactly utilise him when he was here.

Strong second half performance.
Could have drawn if Wilson's header had gone on.
Swindle scored their second at the right time for them. We're still in it.
They have two of the most irritating mardarses in football.
Little Jonny...10 passes,57 dives and roll overs
Harry McTurdy...2 goals,3453 spits....what a horrible habit.

It might work in our favour will be I interesting to see how swindon set up, will they try to defend the lead I dont think so I dont think they can to many offensive players in there team which might enable us to get the goals. We do tend to struggle against teams who sit in swindon dont but we just need make sure we dont get beat on the break.

Got out of jail at the end with a largely underserved goal. Still in the tie but we’ll have to play completely differently. Williams and Payne ran the show and it’s embarrassing watching Charsley and Pett chase after them like youth team players.

People saying we shouldn’t have released McKirdy have short memories. Stevenage away anyone? He was total rubbish for us last season, didn’t put the effort in, and by all accounts was a rotten apple in the squad. On what grounds would we have kept him? I don’t particularly care what he’s done after.

It's no surprise we lost to Swindon, it's probably the worst team we could have got in the play offs and there probably glad they are playing us as they always beat us. Our record since around 2005 against them is dreadful so for us to overturn this we are going have to do what vale sides from the last 17 years have failed to do beat them and beat them convincely.

We are still in the tie but for me I can't see us beating Swindon by 2 clear goals to make it to the final. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but more likely we will miss out and go up in the top 3 next season as the play offs are a lottery.

And a word for Swindon’s away end. It’s a disgrace that clubs are allowed to put supporters in stands like that. Former Premier League side with an open end, seats bolted on to a terrace and the facilities of a non-league side. Incredible that the ground regs for the professional game don’t require stands to all be covered and to an acceptable standard.

They really weren't that much better than us.

We are 1 goal down going into a playoff semi final AT home and people have given up on the club.You couldn't make it up.

McKirdy was quoted as saying he would never play for the Vale and while he was on the field for us he never did.

And for a change some fans of other clubs take on it, Northampton fans dont post much so here is Mansfield and Rovers fans take
Mansfield fans
Crap atmosphere in this Swindon Vale game

I hope our game looked better for the TV audience last night, as this is pretty dull fare.

I see plenty of empty seats in the away end so Vale couldn't have sold out their allocation.
Looks like a few home seats empty as well.

This games pace is a lot lot slower
Vale going forward... theres 9 swindon players back and vice versa. Very evenly matched and not much football on show

It's so bad I've put the Spurs game on.

Mc Kirdy 2-0, he really is a strange character. Gets away with being a lightweight too, defenders are too nice to him

We could bully Swindon. Vale have been poor.

Both havnt really played well Soapy Tit Wank Swindon about edged it and will probably feel a like us

got a nasty feeling the little irritant McKirdy will be the star of these play offs

If we can get past Northampton I really do think we can beat Swindon or PV if we play to our best

Rovers fans take on it, its a long thread so wont post it all.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/19643/efl-playoffs-thread-21-22?page=8

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:50:21 »

What about my flights now, JJ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #747 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:52:07 »

What about my flights now, JJ?
Mate I aint even thinking about Wembley until that final whistle on Thursday! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:52:42 »

There did seem to be quite a lot of empty seats at the front of the Arkells actually, strange situation if the match is sold out. Is that the the family and friends section?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 13:53:01 »

Just avoiding defeat is great as they will have to attack which suits our style perfectly.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: