Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73705 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 07:30:38 »

Don’t you know pump it up, the reds are going up!
'Ive been on tenderhooks, ending in dirty looks. Listening to the muzak, thinking 'bout, this and that. She said that's that, I don't wanna chitter-chat. Turn it down a little bit or turn it down flat!'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 07:38:03 »

Morning TEFERS, taxi booked for 91.5, in Sir Dan's for 9.30. COYR
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 07:50:48 »

Let's get behind the boy's and make plenty of noise !
kaufman

« Reply #573 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 07:54:38 »

I've only just realised David Flitcroft appears to be the DOF at Vale.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 07:56:14 »

Quote from: Nomoreheroes
'Ive been on tenderhooks, ending in dirty looks. Listening to the muzak, thinking 'bout, this and that. She said that's that, I don't wanna chitter-chat. Turn it down a little bit or turn it down flat!'

*tenterhooks.

bloody musicians
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 08:05:46 »

Sat a maccies in Somerset having breakfast.

Thinking about the last playoff games and what a rollercoaster they were against Sheffield. One of those matches you sit and think to yourself "I'm so glad I was there", even after the nightmare that was the Wembley game.

Fingers crossed today is a bit more pedestrian, but from where we are about a month before the season started I'm amazed and proud of the club for getting here. From a club barely hanging on to a team of a bunch of cast offs, labelled has beens, careers ruined by injury or marred by never living up to expectations.

Been a rocky road but Garner and the backroom staff deserve credit for recognising the slips and fixing them in enough time for us to get to this point.

We still have a club, and we have a chance of taking it back up to where we really should be

COYR

(I still have tha ticket available, at this rate I'm happy to give it away if it means someone else can come along)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 08:13:08 »

The play offs are nerve wracking.
The anticipation before the first game then the fretting before the 2nd leg.
Ales at 9am are very much required today.

A high noon kick off might inspire the collective inner Gary Cooper but they aren't normally conducive to a good atmosphere.
Suspect that that won't be the case today.

Looking at the positives, the team are on form & playing at a high tempo & they have the momentum and the backing of a committed crowd.
I see a starting lineup that are all capable of scoring a goal or providing an assist.
No idea if Vale fans feel the same about their side.

The play off games have all been tight in terms of scoreline so far & historically one sided drubbings are very rare...

We weren't supposed to be here so no pressure & the lads deserve our very best efforts today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 08:18:49 »

Thinking about the last playoff games and what a rollercoaster they were against Sheffield. One of those matches you sit and think to yourself "I'm so glad I was there", even after the nightmare that was the Wembley game.

Fingers crossed today is a bit more pedestrian, but from where we are about a month before the season started I'm amazed and proud of the club for getting here. From a club barely hanging on to a team of a bunch of cast offs, labelled has beens, careers ruined by injury or marred by never living up to expectations.

Been a rocky road but Garner and the backroom staff deserve credit for recognising the slips and fixing them in enough time for us to get to this point.

We still have a club, and we have a chance of taking it back up to where we really should be

COYR

(I still have tha ticket available, at this rate I'm happy to give it away if it means someone else can come along)

Try the STFC FB pages.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 08:21:56 »

Buzzing for this. Managed to get a ticket (via TEF member!). Great memories of Playoffs (Charlton A, Sheff Utd H, Old Wembley x2) and less great (Brighton H&A, New Wembley x 2) but whatever happens they are games you remember for life; so soak it all up guys! The club and team have done fantastically well to get here! COYRs
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 08:31:30 »

Can’t fucking wait for today. Off for brekkie and a naughty pint. Feeling confident we are going to put in a good performance and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we take a healthy lead to theirs. 3-0
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 08:50:09 »

Morning Town fans. I'm pretty nervous this morning, might go for a long run to chew up some time before kick off.

I prefer to visit the toilet nervous poo seems to help. Each to their own

Come on Town
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 09:07:06 »

Well this morning's dragging so slowly I'm bloody glad it isn't a 3pm ko. Off to the pub for brunch and the hope they don't renege on a promise to put a screen on for me and the boy.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 09:13:52 »

Woke up today in sunny bridlington and feeling  it.booked my hotel for Wembley, bet is on  Payne to score anytime(curtesy  of a pen)  and 4-0 win=150/1  so wkend paid for after today.I know its only halftime but a 4 goal cushion  to take to theirs should be enough. Everyone going today have a great day,and let's hear the townend at its best."WE ARE SWINDON""WE ARE GOING AS WARRIORS ".

we are going as warriors
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 09:16:46 »

Woke up today in sunny bridlington and feeling  it.booked my hotel for Wembley, bet is on  Payne to score anytime(curtesy  of a pen)  and 4-0 win=150/1  so wkend paid for after today.I know its only halftime but a 4 goal cushion  to take to theirs should be enough. Everyone going today have a great day,and let's hear the townend at its best."WE ARE SWINDON""WE ARE GOING AS WARRIORS ".

Christ that's a brave call. I felt like I was jinxing it looking up flights!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #584 on: Sunday, May 15, 2022, 09:17:04 »

COYR

If I had known you were still in Somerset (Glasto wasnt it?) I would have taken you up on the offer but I thought you moved closer to Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: