Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73198 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:02:39 »

I don't think his talent has ever been in any doubt just his application of it and petulance at times.

I get the impression that McKirdy would be a psychologists dream. For a player who has had temperament issues at various clubs with not handling criticism from fans and club alike, he has a habit of acting in a way that will invariably wind up fans.

Funny chap, but our funny chap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:27:46 »

Strong comments heard that more debt has been uncovered. Sorry doesn’t wash with me.
Still remain sceptical.

Not wishing to take this off thread and probably more for the 'new beginnings' thread, but given the way the club has been run for years new debt would hardly be a massive surprise. Luckily we have the monthly comms so if this is the case, it will be out in the open soon enough.

Reading between the lines are you still going with the 'reduced budget' line that you have done previously.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:40:19 »

I get the impression that McKirdy would be a psychologists dream. For a player who has had temperament issues at various clubs with not handling criticism from fans and club alike, he has a habit of acting in a way that will invariably wind up fans.

Funny chap, but our funny chap!

One of my Mates is his guest Sunday.
His Son and Harry best Mates.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:45:51 »

Not wishing to take this off thread and probably more for the 'new beginnings' thread, but given the way the club has been run for years new debt would hardly be a massive surprise. Luckily we have the monthly comms so if this is the case, it will be out in the open soon enough.

Reading between the lines are you still going with the 'reduced budget' line that you have done previously.

Only what’s been tabled in football circles.
Not going to speculate other than it was mentioned, my take is simply to wait and see what comes to light. Clearly not going to mention the “P” word but if this was the case then the dynamics would surely change.
Money is coming into the club, thus any reasons to reduce the budget would certainly not be acceptable from myself and no doubt others.
Will just have to wait and see Mate, but the Club is exceeding break even figures.

I guess the golden question is do the “Board, those owning it” actually have more than a pot to piss in?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:06:32 »

Only what’s been tabled in football circles.
Not going to speculate other than it was mentioned, my take is simply to wait and see what comes to light. Clearly not going to mention the “P” word but if this was the case then the dynamics would surely change.
Money is coming into the club, thus any reasons to reduce the budget would certainly not be acceptable from myself and no doubt others.
Will just have to wait and see Mate, but the Club is exceeding break even figures.

I guess the golden question is do the “Board, those owning it” actually have more than a pot to piss in?

I think it's fair enough to speculate on these matters. Unfortunately due to historic circumstances ourselves (and I dare say quite a few football clubs) have some quite murky financial histories that Agatha Christie, Miss Marple and Columbo would struggle to get to the bottom of. I certainly think fans discussion and speculation is healthy in these matters, I am definitely very positive about the club and the future under Clem etc but of course there are lingering doubts that remain.

Is Clem actually the 'money man?' It will be interesting given the state of the world how his businesses are doing at the moment. He's never said that he's absolutely loaded so money potentially is coming from elsewhere until we become sustainable. Fair play that we have reduced debts from 4.5 down to 1.5 ish million quid and if we win the play-offs that will get down to around 1 million and then the Twine money if Franchise sell could potentially see us debt free for the first time in yonks!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:18:40 »

My main concern is the ref and our game management in these games. Ref in the home game was like he'd never seen a football game before. Incredibly naïve.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:19:01 »

can we move this to the new beginnings thread please mod?

it's an interesting debate, just needs to go out this thread
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:24:15 »

Rob & Clem has just walked past Tesco’s

Draw from that what you will
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:25:17 »

Also age old question but how much extra £££ are we going to make from the play off semi’s?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:28:19 »

Also age old question but how much extra £££ are we going to make from the play off semi’s?

Sounds like the TV money is the more lucrative side of things.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:28:51 »

not a huge amount going by the share of gate receipts. TV income should be decent though? Will do a quick google and see what the latest income is for these games for TV if I can find it.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:33:16 »

not a huge amount going by the share of gate receipts. TV income should be decent though? Will do a quick google and see what the latest income is for these games for TV if I can find it.

Yeah posted this and read your post in the other thread answering this
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:34:45 »

Sounds like the TV money is the more lucrative side of things.
I think its only around £30k per match, but still if we get to the final thats £100k nearly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 12:30:25 »

My main concern is the ref and our game management in these games. Ref in the home game was like he'd never seen a football game before. Incredibly naïve.

Ref for Sunday took the home game v Bradford earlier in the season.
Didn't win universal approval for his performance that day, then again neither did the team.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 12:41:34 »

Rob & Clem has just walked past Tesco’s

Draw from that what you will

Rob went for the meal deal but Clem had a vegan wrap
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: