Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73222 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:11:35 »

Right then Ladles & Jellyspoons.

My DNA reminded me this morning that I got yesterday’s score bang on, I’d honestly forgotten. So how are we going to fair against the Valiants?

Is playing at home first a benefit or hindrance?

3-1 McKirdy, Egbo and Payne.

14,878 (1670) away fans. Sky TV may have some say in this as will the weather.

Head to head a reminder we lost at home 1-2 in September and won away 1-3 in January.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:16:22 »

Que sera.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:16:44 »

I hope the club get the ticketing right on all levels. Weather is looking glorious. I also hope the club can put on an enjoyable match day experience and make lots of money without anyone feeling ripped off. I’d also like to think we’ll get away with just the Arkells for this match and open the bank for town fans but have factored in giving the Bank to the vale fans. Also I hope the Sky commentary team are knowledgable, decent and not fucking patronising.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:30:15 »

Port Vale is a tough one to call. Both games this season were with our first half of the year team. Goals we conceded were down to not closing down and pinball in our box. The away victory was down to McKirdy baiting their keeper and getting him sent off. We were slower and more deliberate then too. But if we play as open as at Walsall, it might be a different result!

In the 87, I expected us to lose every play off game, but hoped beyond hope that we would win. I'll just say that this situation is making me feel young again!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:34:23 »

Do we continue with Ward or put JoJo back in?

Still not forgiven Danny Wilson for putting David Lucas back in for Millwall ahead of Phil Smith who had a really decent game against Charlton. There is a save from Thierry Racon (I think) that was top draw.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:45:10 »

Do we continue with Ward or put JoJo back in?

Still not forgiven Danny Wilson for putting David Lucas back in for Millwall ahead of Phil Smith who had a really decent game against Charlton. There is a save from Thierry Racon (I think) that was top draw.

I’ve been waiting for you to bring that up  Cheesy.

Ward keeps his place for me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:12:13 »

I’ve been waiting for you to bring that up  Cheesy.

Ward keeps his place for me.

That day changed me as a fan. I’ve never fully recovered and never let myself believe since…

Like, getting to the Play Offs from where we started is a great achievement but I am not looking forward to the play offs and should we get to Wembley I will find some sand to bury my head it till it’s all done and dusted.

Play Offs are the best way to go up (imo) but also the worst way to not go up (imo)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:23:42 »

I honestly believe that the Garner Mk2 squad is better equipped for a play off campaign than was the Mk1 outfit. There seems to be a real sense of togetherness with this lot plus there's the re emergence of Baudry,work rate of Davison,added attacking threat of Egbo and the flair of Barry which are all significant in my opinion
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:51:49 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:28:02 »

A draw at home would do me. We’ve got the beating of most sides away.

Just as a side note. I think it’s a bonus, going forward, that we only have 2 loan players in the starting XI. Normally, we’re stacked out to the maximum.

If it is, indeed, correct that the majority of players are signing/have signed on for next season, irrespective of the POs, things are looking very rosy in the STFC garden. Chuck in the Twine sell on money and the PO/TV money and there is zero excuse for not smashing L2 and/or challenging in L1 next season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:37:13 »

I'll go for a 2-1 home win but will hold back on the attendance until the away allocations has been confirmed.
There's quite a debate going on the Vale forum suggesting they only give us 1200 tickets if that's all we give them.

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/topic/51785-play-offs-v-swindon-tickets/?do=getLastComment

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:45:12 »

Quote from: adje
I honestly believe that the Garner Mk2 squad is better equipped for a play off campaign than was the Mk1 outfit. There seems to be a real sense of togetherness with this lot plus the re emergence of Baudry,work rate of Davison,added attacking threat of Egbo and the flair of Barry all significant in my opinion

I would have called you nuts 5 games ago.

But the determination and togetherness can be seen. I don't want to tempt fate, but Conroy and Frenchy look like different players, Egbo worries defenders, Williams looks like an international again, Payne is back to pre-injury form, mckirdy is 'the difference' up top.

Not saying we are perfect, we still struggle with dead ball some times, etc.

But while we may fall short we genuinly have a chance here. we can do this
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:00:09 »

I think the ‘pressure’ of having to win the last 4 games has added an attacking intensity to our play we have lacked on many occasion this season.

Which is a good attribute to having going into the play offs.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:09:12 »

Don't change a winning team, keep Ward in.

Vale fans very bitter about only getting 1,200 tickets for this game but they have never ever brought more than 350 fans ever since I started going in 74. Also unlike them we don't need to cash in on away ticket sales to sell out, pack the CG with Swindon fans, another 13,500 of them for a sell out.

They are all suggesting they just give us 1,200 but I doubt their club can afford to not sell the other 3,000 possible tickets as segregation would cost them way more than its worth, not like Vale fans are very loud at home so a few more of their own fans wont help them. They have only averaged a paltry 5,900 this season and had just two 8,500+ crowds this season.

Vale have only twice had 10k+ crowds in the last 10 years, 12,601 vs near neighbours Wolves 10 years ago and a few weeks ago vs Bristol Rovers when they got 10,840 with Rovers occupying 2,222.

They only took 2,245 to Walsall their local derby a few weeks ago so why should we let them have 2,600 and they dont even sell it out?

Also the game is shown live on Sky I understand so not like they even need a big screen beamback set up.

Att: 14,513 (1,852 Valies).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:11:31 »

I would have called you nuts 5 games ago.
I suggested to you that 4 games ago "If we win the next 7 games we will be promoted and its doable" and you basically laughed at me, well you aren't laughing now! who else isnt laughing?

Yes thats right, a Micheal Macintyre audience!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:11:38 »

Their Twitter account has just said they’re looking into ‘alternate arrangements’ for the game at their place. Which suggests to me that they are going to try and move us into a smaller area to keep the big away end for themselves

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: