Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 Games Today  (Read 8974 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:09:27 »

I fancy Barrow to get something personally. I don't think Northampton are that good and Barrow gave Exeter and us a very good game. Can easily see that being at least a draw. Unfortunately I just can't see anything but 3 points for Barton and his bullies.

Barrow are decent at home atm. Last couple of games they've beaten Sutton and twatted Forest Green 4-0

..never go back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:14:36 »

Easiest and simplest permutation for best case scenario with "as it stands" positions and final day results next to would mean:

3rd Northampton   - Lose
=================
4th Chav Wovvers - Lose
5th Lisa Stansfield - Draw
6th Burslem (Reg) - Draw
7th Town              - Win
=================

Town go up via autos regardless of anything else happening. It would see 4 (FOUR) teams finish on 77pts with only one getting promoted. Obviously, in any perms we always don't account for our own demise.

Simplest permutation for worse case scenario with "as it stands" positions and final days results next to would mean:

7th Town     - Lose
=============
8th Sutton   - Draw
9th Trannie  - Win

Town would have to lose 6-0 if Sutton drew but if Tranmere won then that would be moot as they would claim the last PO place on 75pts, Sutton on 74ts along with Town on 74pts missing out. Which would be scandalous but then I'm sure four teams above us would think it scandalous if Town scuppered them all and got that final auto spot!

~~~~~~~~

I'm keeping it simple. Not that anything ever is but Town must go for a win, that way you know POs is guaranteed - anything else is a bonus (like finishing positions and of course auto). Win and it might just happen. Personal feeling is I can see both Vale and Mansfield drawing, I can see Town winning and I can see one of Northampton or Rovers getting beat but something nags me that Town's "best case scenario" will be all on track but one out of Northampton or Rovers will pick up a point and it would be a travesty if it were Rovers.

Anyway, all to play for - now where is that effing Walsall away ticket!  Cheesy

Considering all the ifs and buts and maybe - we really (well by we I mean the team) just need to focus on beating Walsall. If we do that then we’re in the play offs and whatever will be, will be else where.

If we don’t do that - then very little else matters.

I’m sure the team are full focused on the game and it’s just as fans speculation ‘what ifs’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:20:16 »

Quote from: dalumpimunki
Barrow are decent at home atm. Last couple of games they've beaten Sutton and twatted Forest Green 4-0

while I agree, even Harrogate twatted Forest Green so probably best to strike that one from the records
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:22:40 »

Am I the only one that, assuming no miracle star alignment gets us into third and we end up in the play offs, is a bit ambivalent about the Gas getting automatic instead.

I'd really prefer not to meet them in the P.O. games tbh. And I'm sure the club would fancy the gate money from a derby next season.

..never go back.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:23:29 »

I'd fancy us over 2 legs against any of the teams around us. We've beat them all this season and I haven't been that impressed with any of them. Perhaps bar Vale at our place early in the season but they look a little all over the place now.

We seriously need to stop conceding such soft set piece goals though. The high line on free kicks doesn't work. Would be a real shame to get so far and that be our downfall.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:57:24 »

Looking at today’s games, I think Garnerball would be well suited to, essentially, knock out football. The 2 games today were frantic, morphing into all piss and panic and hopeful hoofing.

For all our moaning about our more measured, but slow, build up I feel that is what needed to win the POs.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:19:05 »

9,048? That's terrible.

Technically it was a sell out
https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/topic/51690-vale-park-capacity/

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:23:11 »

Looking at today’s games, I think Garnerball would be well suited to, essentially, knock out football. The 2 games today were frantic, morphing into all piss and panic and hopeful hoofing.

For all our moaning about our more measured, but slow, build up I feel that is what needed to win the POs.

Great when we have the ball and are going forward.
Not so much when we are defending in generally or specifically set pieces
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:24:38 »

…or holding onto a lead. Something we have not been great at.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:28:00 »

We struggle in the air against the more physical teams who seem to score quite easily at the county ground.

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 18:12:11 »

We struggle in the air against the more physical teams who seem to score quite easily at the county ground.
Evident again on Sat with the goal we conceded

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 18:38:17 »

Evident again on Sat with the goal we conceded

Agreed, maybe the goalie could have done better but it was a simple goal for them.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 18:44:24 »

We scored 2, though. And should have had 3 or 4 more.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 18:48:10 »

True but we've lost too many home games through poor defending

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 19:55:48 »

The last two home games have been different to some of or most of the other home games in many ways. Not least the fire and determination to get a result and game management especially against the vegans.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: