Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 Games Today  (Read 9087 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:40:55 »

Superb Newport ⚽️
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:42:28 »

9,048? That's terrible.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:50:13 »

To even have a chance of autos going into Walsall is incredible. Seems very unlikely but stranger things have happened
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:53:08 »

9,048? That's terrible.

Salford 3,765

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:54:41 »

To even have a chance of autos going into Walsall is incredible. Seems very unlikely but stranger things have happened

Great achievement considering no pre-season and our shocking home form.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:56:22 »

9,048? That's terrible.

FWIW Vale can only sell a certain amount of home tickets due to health and safety in their old rickety stands and their massive away end was more or less empty so the attendance physically couldn't have been any more today.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 15:58:02 »

Newport were excellent today. Vale very poor and look like they are in danger of not even getting into the play offs.

Have to say Rovers are in the box seat now given their fixture.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:00:30 »

Newport were excellent today. Vale very poor and look like they are in danger of not even getting into the play offs.

Have to say Rovers are in the box seat now given their fixture.

Not only that but they are 5 goal difference behind Northampton. There is a chance they could make that up against Scunny…
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:02:57 »

Would be a great time for Mr Grant to have the game of his life
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:03:03 »

Not only that but they are 5 goal difference behind Northampton. There is a chance they could make that up against Scunny…

I fancy Barrow to get something personally. I don't think Northampton are that good and Barrow gave Exeter and us a very good game. Can easily see that being at least a draw. Unfortunately I just can't see anything but 3 points for Barton and his bullies.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:04:17 »

I fancy Barrow to get something personally. I don't think Northampton are that good and Barrow gave Exeter and us a very good game. Can easily see that being at least a draw. Unfortunately I just can't see anything but 3 points for Barton and his bullies.

Truth be told, Rovers are the team I’d least like to meet in POs anyway.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:04:26 »

Easiest and simplest permutation for best case scenario with "as it stands" positions and final day results next to would mean:

3rd Northampton   - Lose
=================
4th Chav Wovvers - Lose
5th Lisa Stansfield - Draw
6th Burslem (Reg) - Draw
7th Town              - Win
=================

Town go up via autos regardless of anything else happening. It would see 4 (FOUR) teams finish on 77pts with only one getting promoted. Obviously, in any perms we always don't account for our own demise.

Simplest permutation for worse case scenario with "as it stands" positions and final days results next to would mean:

7th Town     - Lose
=============
8th Sutton   - Draw
9th Trannie  - Win

Town would have to lose 6-0 if Sutton drew but if Tranmere won then that would be moot as they would claim the last PO place on 75pts, Sutton on 74ts along with Town on 74pts missing out. Which would be scandalous but then I'm sure four teams above us would think it scandalous if Town scuppered them all and got that final auto spot!

~~~~~~~~

I'm keeping it simple. Not that anything ever is but Town must go for a win, that way you know POs is guaranteed - anything else is a bonus (like finishing positions and of course auto). Win and it might just happen. Personal feeling is I can see both Vale and Mansfield drawing, I can see Town winning and I can see one of Northampton or Rovers getting beat but something nags me that Town's "best case scenario" will be all on track but one out of Northampton or Rovers will pick up a point and it would be a travesty if it were Rovers.

Anyway, all to play for - now where is that effing Walsall away ticket!  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:06:26 »

Crazy season ending. Who knows what will happen; I had written out season off after Orient so I clearly know F all. Have an irrational soft spot for PV; after the classy way their Chairwoman (Carol?) dealt with them losing out on potential PL spot dues to the way the EFL worked things out in the COVID season. Hate Rovers; scummy manager and plenty of scummy fans.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:06:53 »

With Rovers, something to bare in mind is that they have been the chasers rather than the chased. With how it is now, they're probably most likely to do it which changes the dynamic. Just a shame they're playing such a poor side
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 16:07:49 »

Truth be told, Rovers are the team I’d least like to meet in POs anyway.

Yep agree wholeheartedly. The whole thing would be a right pantomime.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: