Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread.  (Read 52017 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 04:00:56 »

Wakey wakey! Haven’t you lot got a game to get to?
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 05:29:18 »

I reckon Egbo instead of with Odimayo coming on at 60 mins when Egbo runs out of legs as always seems to happen. Wollacott should come back in as it can’t be contract related as half the team wouldn’t be playing if that was the case.

Unless the rumour a few weeks back about Williams & Reed signing for next season has a bit of truth to it. Say we will sign if/when we go up, a gentleman's agreement.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 06:05:58 »

To all going to the game, just have a great day celebrating the achievements this season, and if there's a bonus by the end of the game.....for those who can't go and are feeling as envious as me, we'll, close your eyes, hold your breath, and scream silently for 90mins!! Come on you reds. Pint
I
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 06:18:54 »

Gutted I can’t go. Best of luck to all that can and have a great day
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 07:22:53 »

Slept like a log last night, I guess the 5.20am alarms now I'm back commuting to London during the week probably helped but fully refreshed for today. Sun is shining and I'm hopeful of a glorious day ahead. Let's hope for a repeat of the FA Cup second round. I'll be getting into Birmingham around midday, hopefully might bump into wobbly Bob for some prose.

This seems to be going quite well based on recent resukts, so I'm going to predict a disappointing outcome with the pressure too much for our inexperienced side. 2-0 defeat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 07:31:15 »

I’m betting that the M5/M6 stretch from way before the West Bromwich J1 M5 will be chockablock. So LL Knight of the road that I am amongst other things has decided to circumnavigate the black hole of Birmingham and come off at M5 J4a round past the NEC & Birmingham Airport section. Take a left turn onto M6 N and come off onto A34 at J7 M6 then as WM plod have suggested turn left onto A4148 (W) to Walsall. It be longer but knowing the ‘normal route’ like do and have done like others for decades and especially with Albion being at home with a 12.30 KO it will be a nightmare. Only takes a small shunt from M5 J2 or 3 N bound to cause chaos.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 07:51:36 »

Hope everyone keeps to their pre match rituals today. When we used to drink in the old British Railways club we always had to hop across the road at the traffic lights on Shrivenham Road.

Not as easy as it sounds either, seeing we were all beered up after starting at The Crown in Stratton at midday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 07:51:53 »

Really confident of a win today...so apologies in advance for being a jinx Grin
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 07:54:09 »

I know it’s going to be mega busy but The Walsaw junction is still open isn’t it?

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 08:15:08 »

Pre match grappling with the possible ale permutations in The Briar Rose. It remains to be seen if the Arkells Kingsdown guest ale will be in contention.
Will move on to The Wellington once it opens. Great pub.

Well, bloody hell, here we are. What a journey it's been.
Season started with a joyous occasion at Scunthorpe, hopefully a similar feeling to conclude.

Would dearly love another 3 games after today.
We've yet to win 4 league games on the trot.
The typical Swindon line of most resistance would be to lose but still make it through.

Do small transistor radios still exist.
Or will it be mobiles with FM radio apps glued to ears today.
I'll just rely on the bouts of random cheering to know that events are unfolding elsewhere.

I'm guessing that the last time we had over 3,000 away fans was for one of the visits to Coventry. The KMac game?
A similar outcome today would result in some brown pants in the away end that's for sure.

Enjoyed every minute of the travels this season.
Met some good people along the way.
From the cancelled trains out of Scunthorpe (why always there), the extended fueling sessions before Tuesday night games with Exeter a favourite.
The mayhem at Bradford was the best, complete with face plant on the steps before the 2nd half.
The nothing performance at Tranmere was the worst & a low point.
Player of the (away) season. McKirdy, mercurial at times, some clever finishing, always moaning, but it's the work rate and running for the team that stands out.
Stick around for a few seasons Harry, club legend status awaits.

Creaking at the seams & looking forward to some rest & recovery over the summer, but not until the start of June.
The journey isn't over I suspect.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 09:12:58 »

well, here we are

win together, lose together. let's hope it's the former.

see you on the other side

coyr
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 09:25:13 »

A frenzied smock wearing, pitchfork wielding army should make the difference (metaphorically speaking).

Regardless of outcome it's also a celebration of a season that has massively exceeded pre season expectations.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 09:28:49 »

Would love to be going today but iFollow it is as always.

Safe travels to all those going and hopefully we can get the result we need to at least get into the play offs today. Enjoy your day lads and lasses.

I have a feeling Jojo will be back and I am sure he will bring Dolo back at LB which is a bit unfair on AK who had a good game last week there.

Wollacott
Egbo            Conroy      Baudry       Iandolo
       Payne           Reed       Williams
   McKirdy           Davison              Barry

Thats how I feel we will line up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 09:31:18 »

Anyone know if they serve beer in the side stand?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 09:42:12 »

Ok, honest question.

I’ve never used iFollow as I’m in Swindon and listen on the old wireless (how archaic)
How easy is it to set up & use. Taking into account VPNs and what not are like a foreign language to me.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: